Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With the 80th pick in the 3rd round...Redskins should pick MACHO HARRIS

skins84

I remember when he declared early last year - before he changed his mind - mayock had him as a first round pick and said he was his favorite corner. Not sure why he has dropped so much this year as he had a great year at virginia tech this past season. The only reason I can see is a slightly slow 40 time at 4.6 i believe. I think he would be a great pickup as he has been a natural playmaker throughout his college career.

:hysterical:

Macho Harris...DUH:chair:

I think we're ok with SLB with Wilson and or Blades...

Corner concerns me if one of our guys goes down and Tryon has to play...

And the Rhinehart pick in the 3rd from last year scares me about taking another lineman in the 3rd this year...

He was picked in the 3rd last year, he should be ready to do the same thing that the OLineman that everybody wants to draft this year will do....

:hysterical:

The same HB Blades that didn't have the speed to go after people last year (Eagles game for example)

I love the guy but he put on weight and lost a step from his rookie year...LB and OL are the only needs right now...Corner can wait

I actually agree with the OP. Macho is a great player. He's a pretty sure tackle (as sure as it gets at corner), makes big plays on defense, and is a great special teams player. I think he'd fit in well with the Skins. Sure there are needs, but once you get beyond round two, drafting for needs becomes more difficult. I think drafting the best player available would be smart and if he's there, I'll be a bit upset if we don't pick him.

Both are Defensive Ends, didn't we just draft one of those...

Why does everyone keep mentioning Sidbury, he's a DE

As the Giants have proved over the last few years, you can never have enough pass rushers. If Michael Johnson is still there when we pick I hope we take him. As far as Sidbury goes, I am not sure how much many on this board actually have watched him play outside of a few youtube clips. I know I haven't. So I am not going to jump on board that hype train just yet. If not i hope we go OL, there still seem to be a few good prospects out there (better than our 3rd rounder last year anyway) like Caldwell and Robinson. I am not sold on the thought that any of the linebackers that are still available could come in and start.

As the Giants have proved over the last few years, you can never have enough pass rushers. If Michael Johnson is still there when we pick I hope we take him. As far as Sidbury goes, I am not sure how much many on this board actually have watched him play outside of a few youtube clips. I know I haven't. So I am not going to jump on board that hype train just yet. If not i hope we go OL, there still seem to be a few good prospects out there (better than our 3rd rounder last year anyway) like Caldwell and Robinson. I am not sold on the thought that any of the linebackers that are still available could come in and start.

I agree with you on the Sidbury part, if he wasn't from maryland no one on this site would even know who he was...

But i think we'll have enough Pass rushers this year with Carter, Orakpo, Wilson, Haynesworth...

The only other position I would rather see us take in the 3rd other than Cb would be interior Ol

Which are?

Olb is ok with Blades and Wilson

On the interiour OL I think Duke Robinson will be gone by our pick...

Think about it...if one of our corners go down, would you be comfortable with Tryon getting a significant amount of PT?

That could be said about any NFL team if they lose one of their top 3 corners. You can not draft with the thougfht of future injuries, you must take BPA reguardless of position. Needs are not filled in rounds 3-7, they are in rounds 1 and 2, all of these kids fell this low for a reason, they are not great players....YET! You can not just plug these guys into a spot and say you are now our starter, they need to work on things. Now if you find a diamond, great(Horton), but you can not expect a starter with any of the remaining picks.

I would be very fine with taking Harris, or whoever our highest rated CB is.

I like our starting CBs, but not our depth. One guy gets hurt and it could be really bad.

EDIT: I could say the same about LB too. So whoever the highest rated guy is.

I would love this pick!

1- VT alum

2- Great football IQ - something has to make up for that slower 40 time...

3- No character issues to speak of

4- Competitiveness off the charts and tackles well

5- Played the corner better than two other Tech 1st round draft picks

6- Tryon is horrible and Smoot gets hurt after every tackle

7- Macho, like DeAngelo, actually CATCHES the ball when he is in place for an INT

8- Yet another option at punt returner

9- Demon on special teams

10- Probably smart enough to slide to S if the need arises

I would have to seriously evaluate any OLB prospects, but this guy is a player and could be a great cog on our team with mucho versatility...

Archived