Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com blogs: Stafford is/will be the Lions #1 pick

Oldskool

8 out of the last 11 underclassmen quarterbacks have stunk it up , according to the ESPN article I just looked up a few minutes ago on Sanchez. The success rate is 62%. "Not an encouraging trend".

It was dumb for them to take Stafford but good luck to them. Wonder if he starts immediately or they let him work his way in and start opening day with Culpeper / Orlovsky / Other. Before the Draft I would have liked for them to pull a Miami and look towards building an OL, maybe they will address this need with other picks.

I still doubt he'll be starting this year. Culpepper is more expendable to the Lions and thus he'll be playing behind the questionable O-line they have.

I assume they will draft an O-lineman at #20, but Culpepper has looked really good from what ive seen and he even weighs less now than he did in his rookie year in Minny.

I assume they will draft an O-lineman at #20, but Culpepper has looked really good from what ive seen and he even weighs less now than he did in his rookie year in Minny.

I don't doubt his drive or abilites at all. But from the Lions standpoint, Stafford must succeed or else they'll have a mess to clean up with the money they've thrown at him. Tossing a rookie into the starting role of the worst team ever the year prior is a gamble that is likely not going to turn out well.

Huh? :wtf:

lol I am a BIG Georgia football fan, long before Stafford was there. But he's from Dallas and I had some college friends who went to high school with him at Highland Park. Got to talk with him on a few occasions, and I went to a few of his games in the state playoffs (including the final) his senior year when Highland Park won the state championship. I am one of the biggest Stafford fans outside his actual family. I love the fact that he's being put in the situation he's in. Any win is an improvement and the expectations are so low. I absolutely love the guy. :)

matthewstaffordcopy.jpg

so you're a fan of 2 losing teams that wear Blue & Silver ?? :D

not a "fan" of the Lions, but I certainly hope they do well now. I'll have little problem "cheering" for them in any game not against Dallas, but if they lose, I'm not gonna lose any sleep obviously. I just want to see Stafford do well.

So the highest guaranteed contract ever, (for a rookie or a veteran) went to perhaps the worst #1 drafted QB in NFL history.

That shows what's wrong with the NFL

Jeff George, Tim Couch, David Carr, and Alex Smith may have something to say about that. ;)

If the Lions sit him for the whole year while slowly building up that team and offensive line around him, he could potentially be in good situation to thrive, similar to how Carson Palmer was.

So the highest guaranteed contract ever, (for a rookie or a veteran) went to perhaps the worst #1 drafted QB in NFL history.

That shows what's wrong with the NFL

Jeff George, Tim Couch, David Carr, and Alex Smith may have something to say about that. ;)

If the Lions sit him for the whole year while slowly building up that team and offensive line around him, he could potentially be in good situation to thrive, similar to how Carson Palmer was.

Yeah, hardly the first time around for this situation. Hell, even when Peyton Manning was drafted #1 there were people saying what you are now, Mick. We'll all just have to wait and find out how it all turns out.

Archived