Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derek Cox, CB/KR from W&M

seantaylor=god

http://flathatnews.com/content/70473/derek-cox-going-distance

This guy ran a 4.39 at his pro day and played CB/KR at William and Mary (Williamsburg, VA), which is a D1AA school like Delaware, University of Richmond, etc.

He is 6'1 and will probably be drafted late or go undrafted, but has shown interest from a few scouts.

interesting article about a prospect

http://flathatnews.com/content/70572/derek-cox-closing-stretch

If he's an UDFA later, this is an amazing find.

"Eight hours of sleep a night, no partying, no alcohol, no cheese, red meat or whole milk. Wake up at 7:30 a.m., go to class in the morning, work out at ESP, ice down back in Williamsburg, dinner, schoolwork and in bed by midnight. This has been Cox’s final semester of college life."

With a work ethic like that, he better be drafted.

"Eight hours of sleep a night, no partying, no alcohol, no cheese, red meat or whole milk. Wake up at 7:30 a.m., go to class in the morning, work out at ESP, ice down back in Williamsburg, dinner, schoolwork and in bed by midnight. This has been Cox’s final semester of college life."

8 hours of sleep and going to sleep at midnight but waking up at 7:30. This kid is goooooood!

Even W&M puts out a few gems occasionally. Ever hear of Mike Tomlin? I'll never understand why the Skins never brought in W&M's kicker from a few years ago, Greg Keuhn. He was local to Ashburn and was kicking 50 yarders in high school.

Williamsburg will do that too a person. Been living in the burg for 14 years and there isn't much else to do.

DIAA will put out a few prospects though, he could be one.

Anyone heard of Darren Sharper? another W&M alum and a 12 year Vet.

Williamsburg will do that too a person. Been living in the burg for 14 years and there isn't much else to do.

I grew up in the burg and let me tell you, if you know the right people, there is plenty of trouble you can get into. Sure, the nightlife isnt all that, you could go to the greenleaf or the college deli, but after that it is very tame socially. BUT I will say I did my fine share of partying at Bill and the B##ch (never enrolled) and that is where quite alot of drugs are (if you know which frat, or so I've been told).

Not to put down Mr. Cox, but this reminds me of another person who had not even drunk a soda - Mr. Shuler. :doh:

That aside, I think he has some real NFL ability, but more important, he has some real life skills.

I am pulling for you Derek.

BTW, the Skins do have a history of touching W&M players - anyone remember the RB William Green? (or was it Greene?) He was the Nemo of the day. Gibbs saw him when Cody was going to W&M. Ended up in Chicago.

:helmet: The Rook

I grew up in the burg and let me tell you, if you know the right people, there is plenty of trouble you can get into. Sure, the nightlife isnt all that, you could go to the greenleaf or the college deli, but after that it is very tame socially. BUT I will say I did my fine share of partying at Bill and the B##ch (never enrolled) and that is where quite alot of drugs are (if you know which frat, or so I've been told).

Not saying that there isn't trouble or fun to be found, I've had my fair share. For me it gets old pretty quick when I'm back in town. Haven't lived there full time for about 7 years now though (boarding school in DC and college). It is nice to go back to though.

Not saying that there isn't trouble or fun to be found, I've had my fair share. For me it gets old pretty quick when I'm back in town. Haven't lived there full time for about 7 years now though (boarding school in DC and college). It is nice to go back to though.

ohh I agree 100%, I was just sayin that it's not because of his surroundings that he is straight laced. If we were talkin about a certain CB who's nickname is also that of a 1980's video game, then he would have found all the trouble he could find at W&M. As far as going back to billsburg I personally avoid it like the plague and I live only in Hampton, so to each his own lol

Archived