Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would last season have been under Gibbs?

SIXX99

Yeah Lloyd and Archuletta were some of the low lights but Gibbs brought in Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, London Fletcher, Carlos Rogers, LaRon Landry, Clinton Portis, and Santana Moss to name a few. So lets think before we say things from now on you ignorant jack***.

Your on drugs to think that bringing in those guys makes up for the damage that his mistakes brought. Wonder why we are known to trade away picks? Blame Joe. He traded the hell out of picks for no reason. Want to know why other teams love to hear us call because they know we will be foolish with them? Blame Joe. His FA moves were about 50% right, that doesn't make up for the mistakes. The fans will always be reminded of the stupid moves he made. Your a jack*** to think that Gibbs was anything special with his personnel moves, he was terrible.

Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, Carlos were top 10 picks....you ought to do well in that area.

We gave up too much for Portis.

Bringing in Santana without true number 1 receiver didn't do us much. Don't forget pairing him with Randel El.

Chris Cooley was probably Gibbs one and only fine moment.

Great point about Cooley, he was Gibbs only real player move that worked out. The rest of the guys like you said were top 10 draft picks, that's the easy pick. Where are the guys on the team from the later rounds?

Although Saunder's offense didn't light it up, they did score more points in both seasons than Zorn's did last season, and the Saunders's Redskins offense was rated higher. So did Gibbs offense in his 2nd season.

Saunder's offense seemed more aggressive. Lots of people like to blame Campbell for last years conservative offense but it just strikes me hard to believe that under Saunders just by coincidence Jason had more guts to throw downfield and all of a sudden he lost that gumption. Could it be scheme? IMO yes.

I believe the offense would have continued to take a step up and at the very least scored more points than the Skins did last season. Gregg Williams would have stuck around I'd assume. The defense did fine without him, though.

Gibbs strikes me more of a leader than Zorn. With Gibbs the bucks stops with him. He takes the blame for losses. I recall reading that the players respected him for shouldering the blame for the Buffalo loss. That doesn't seem to be Zorn's it's not me its them "lack of execution" style.

From what I read, Gibbs even in round 2 kept his workaholic tendencies. Do we ever read about Zorn being obsessed with staying up late to game plan or being a workaholic? Aside from working in the off season with the QBs?

Gibbs had IMO his flaws his 2nd go around but he seemed to be respected as a leader and the team played hard for him, when they needed big wins in the home stretch to make the playoffs, they got it done. My guess is Gibbs version of the Redskins wouldn't have faltered for example with the season on the line to Cincy.

Having said that, IMO there was something missing with the Gibbs 2 regime, and I can't put my finger on it. So I can't see them making the Superbowl but I do think they would have made the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Then this off season we'd be gearing up for the Superbowl with some short sighted moves, and then we'd fall back some this season. That would be my best guess.

People seem to forget that it was G-Williams That wanted Archuleta and Saunders had a hard on for Lloyd, saying something to the tune of how B.Lloyd is more talented than "95%" of the other receivers in the league.

The way he devalued draft picks pissed me off, and it was very frustrating each time he would do that. But if you don't think that the Redskins ARE MUCH BETTER now and the future thanks to Gibbs' personnel moves, go look at our starting lineup on both offense and defense.

Thanks to Spurrier's whack-ass "Bring My Florida College Football Players with me to DC" approach towards the roster, not only did the Skins have many holes and little talent, But Gibbs had to "undo" all the damage Spurrier did to our team.

Hell, when he just came and suddenly decided to straight up RELEASE our Pro Bowl RB and release him with an unproven (but VERY fast! lol) second-string RB that didn't show much when he got the chance to run with the greatest show on turf. I think Davis had to have some trade value (unless they did try, which I don't recall).

In his first two year, Gibbs did a remarkable job making the playoffs.

The problem was when he brought in Saunders. It was just a bad fit for our QB and horrible timing.

This lead to the entire O having to learn an entire new scheme when after 2 two years, they were just getting comfortable with Gibbs' style.

As for the OP, I think we would've won AT LEAST 10 games and would've reached the NFC Champ. Game and quite possibly Super Bowl.

People seem to forget that at the point of the season where our offense started going downhill (Steelers game), Zorn had just brought in S. Alexander to teach CP and the rest of the team the WCO.

Even in the beginning of the Steelers game, we were looking like the team we had been all year. AND A KEY NOTE: As far as the Steelers D shutting down CP, it was more like Zorn's ****ing around shutting down our entire Offense.

It was late 1st quarter/early 2nd, when CP ran for the longest rush against the Steelers for the ENTIRE SEASON. If you go back to that game, you will see that sometime in the 2nd quarter/second half that our offensive playcalling was different. (I don't have a link and no I'm not going to go looking for one but I'm pretty sure that players/players friends even admitted so).

The Skins were winning but I think Zorn liked the fact that we were winning using the same running game (Joe Gibbs') and a solid D.

I think when the media started using terms like "Mid-West Coast Offense" and the like, Zorn let his ego get the best of him, and costing the entire team the season.

Archived