Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin Tryon on Redskins Nation...

da#1skinsfan

Recapping for those who arent able to watch:

Go over in practice who covers what - sometimes Smoot or DHall are matched up against someone based on size/speed, etc

They gameplan each week against other players with players on our team - ie playing against DeSean Jackson, Moss will play his role in practice

Tough to cover a big guy like Malcolm Kelly...need to "outquick" him

DB's watch film together - today watched film on the giants as a DB group together

I hope I'll be able to see it later tonight, do they still show repeats around 10/11ish like they used to on comcast sportsnet?

He had a rough go of it last year, I hope he can get on the field and show something.

I remember in his scouting report it listed he can be a good return man. Maybe he could get a shot at returning punts, might be a way to get him on the field?

I'm hoping Tyron comes down from his draft high and realizes that the NFL is much faster than in college. Hopefully he becomes a decent CB for us in the near future.

Well he has three good CB's to look up to so hopefully he is learning something from Smoot and the boys.

How slow is he compared to the other corners we have? Do you have those speeds or are you going on rumor and unsubstantiated posts?

I was here when he was drafted. We did get to see his combine numbers. 4.49 40. I'd hope for more from a 180 lb, 5'9" cb. Not to mention he was projected 5-7th.

Why don't you go back to comparing Campbell to Joe Montana?

How slow is he compared to the other corners we have? Do you have those speeds or are you going on rumor and unsubstantiated posts?

NFL | Tryon works out at Pro Day

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:17:34 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Arizona State CB Justin Tryon worked out at his school's Pro Day Friday, March 7. Tryon ran a 4.41 40-yard dash, had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot, one-inch long jump. He measured in at 5-foot-9 3/8 and 191 pounds.

I wouldn't call a 4.41 slow...

I was here when he was drafted. We did get to see his combine numbers. 4.49 40. I'd hope for more from a 180 lb, 5'9" cb. Not to mention he was projected 5-7th.

Why don't you go back to comparing Campbell to Joe Montana?

Not that .08 of a second is a huge improvement but he ran 4.41 at his pro day. 4.4 speed is more than enough at CB especially considering he is more of a nickel prospect. His draft positioning was definitely questionable but it's still far too early to tell if Vinny and co. knew what they were doing especially being stuck behind a group consisting of Springs, Rogers, Hall, Smoot, and at one point Torrence. Hopefully keeping Tryon over Torrence, one of the few inside corners we had, had more to do with upside and talent than it did ego.

he's basically 5'10, 190lbs, and runs a 4.4. Nothing that would suggest he's a wasted pick. he's thicker than smoot, and easily just as fast. All you too-quick-to-judge-a-draft people just give it some time. Its way too early to tell with this guy.

I was wondering were could I email to find out the reason why redskins nation is always blacked out here in the southern part of West Virginia.I honestly can't understand why they have it blacked out when West Virginia and Washington are neighbors.

Archived