Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how bad were DT and MK compared to their Class?

Veretax

Thomas was simply raw. He has the physical tools, just needed a head fix. Seems like that's been done at least partially. He's a big guy with deep threat speed. The Redskins haven't had one of those in a while.

Eddie Royal has a vet attitude along with talent. The proof is in the pudding. They should have passed on Davis and picked him. He would have set a great example the Devin and the Posse 2.0 would have arrived this year.

I hope you are right onThomas bro, Id love to eat some crow in regards to either of these two, but im just not very optimistic about either one.

I'm glad someone posted this. I mean, Kelly was hurt most of the year. Now whether we should have drafted him in the first place is another discussion.

And let's not forget, Thomas would have 1 more reception, 70 more yards, and a TD had Stephon Heyer not decided to clean out Darnell Dockett in the AZ game.

They should be alright as long as they have their heads on straight. The other receiver I remember folks yelling for was Limas Sweed, and he looked worse than both of them.

I don't think the young guys will be too bad if given time.

I rather take Kelly's 3 catch for 18 yards then

Limas Sweed's 6 catch for 60 yard and 2 fumbles

I posted earlier in the thread the numbers for TO, Randy Moss, Calvin, Fitz, Boldin, AJ, Chad, Housh, Wayne, and Smith's rookie seasons. Out of those 10, you would've thought only Moss, Boldin, AJ, and Fitz would be the only ones to do anything in the NFL. The others would just be busts. You can't just go by one season to figure out how good or bad someone will be...

While I apprecaite the thought here, it's pretty unrealisitic to expect either of them, much less both, to become top 10 receivers in the entire league. Those players are rare. I'll be happy if they both become solid contributors.

I rather take Kelly's 3 catch for 18 yards then

Limas Sweed's 6 catch for 60 yard and 2 fumbles

That was kind of my point, not to mention Sweed's penchant for dropping long bombs that hit him in the hands.

We should have picked Jordy Nelson and James Hardy and had the twin towers out there catching balls and have Moss flying around underneath and going long. Instead we got Little Brittle and the Invisible man. Kelly should never have been drafted, by us at least, and Thomas was just ranother gamble by Vinny. Much like Lloyd was a gamble. We could have had two sure things but took THE two biggest gambles of the WR draft class.

James Hardy?!?!?! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

2 weeks after the bills drafted him...

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080513/SPORTS/805130306/tbd/

Hardy allegedly pulls gun on father during altercation

The Journal Gazette

James Hardy, the former IU wide receiver just drafted by the Buffalo Bills, reportedly pulled a gun on his father during an argument, according to a police report filed Sunday with the football star’s name edited out.

and the year before...

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=130813&t=0

Charge against Indiana's Hardy dismissed

By ASSOCIATED PRESS | February 18, 2007

FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- A domestic battery charge against Indiana wide receiver James Hardy has been dismissed.

Hardy, 21, was arrested in May in his hometown of Fort Wayne and was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged attack on his girlfriend and their infant son. He avoided a trial on the criminal charges by agreeing to take part in a pretrial diversion program in August.

Early in the season, he didn't have to, cause he wasn't the go to guy. UNC had Brandon Tate, that until he went down to season ending injury, was leading the ACC, and I believe the nation, in all purpose yardage. But when he went down, Nicks stepped in and completely filled the void, even with a backup QB throwing to him, and facing all kinds of double teams. He set numerous team records for a game, season, and career. He's incredible.

I couldnt agree more. I am a tarheel fan myself so you may say my opinion is biased but the things that nicks accomplished under the circumstances was amazing. He made spectacular catches and big plays week in and week out. He led the ACC in receiving yards when the tarheels were only around 8th in the ACC in passing yards. All 3 of the receivers coming from UNC this year have potential to be great.

sleeper pick: Brooks Foster 6'3 205 27 bench reps at the combine the most of any other receiver and ran a 4.39 40 at pro day. He is projected anywhere from the 5-7th round

While I apprecaite the thought here, it's pretty unrealisitic to expect either of them, much less both, to become top 10 receivers in the entire league. Those players are rare. I'll be happy if they both become solid contributors.

I'm not saying both of them will be top 10 WRs, I'll be happy if they are top 20 WRs. I was just saying that you can't judge how good or bad a WR will be by his rookie season. If that were the case, T.O., Chad, Housh, Steve Smith, and Wayne would've never made it.

In the case of Malcolm, what do you think, if he isn't healthy, or producing do you think he is back in 2010? My gut tells me he might be :/ Granted I don't think his stats are bad for first year given what all has happened, but there is more to his situation than with DTs.

James Hardy?!?!?! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Im not saying he is a role model or that Id let him watch my kids, but he is a better bet to stay healthy then Kelly. I think he has better talent and more potential then Thomas as well. The gamble on him is his personality and emotional stability, the gamble with Thomas has been his work ethic.... Thomas may have him in that one. :D

But yeah, Id still take Hardy and Nelson, or Sweed and Nelson, and I think other recievers in different situations could have done more last year. Oh well, it is what it is...

We can now hope we get something in return for either of these guys...in the form of on field production that is. I think Kelly would be a great reciever in this league if he didnt have the knees of an 87 year old. If he can overcome the pain, I think he could be the piece we need in the WR corps to help Campbell or (Insert name) get to the next level. I just dont think that either Kelly or Thomas should have the 3rd/4th WR spot given to them, and I think thats what wil happen. Who is going to challenge them for their spot? Thrash?

Im not saying he is a role model or that Id let him watch my kids, but he is a better bet to stay healthy then Kelly. I think he has better talent and more potential then Thomas as well. The gamble on him is his personality and emotional stability, the gamble with Thomas has been his work ethic.... Thomas may have him in that one. :D

let me guess, you were rooting for the skins to sign T.O. :chair:

I just dont think that either Kelly or Thomas should have the 3rd/4th WR spot given to them, and I think thats what wil happen. Who is going to challenge them for their spot? Thrash?

These 2 WR's left college early to get 1st round pick money, suprise, you were drafted in the 2nd. $$$ motivates them to play better for that Fitzgerald contract. If they want to get paid like FAs that come in (haynesworth, hall, etc.), prove yourself! Releasing them won't hurt the cap much and you know synder loves Free Agents (Uncap season: 2010?).

All 3 of the receivers coming from UNC this year have potential to be great.

sleeper pick: Brooks Foster 6'3 205 27 bench reps at the combine the most of any other receiver and ran a 4.39 40 at pro day. He is projected anywhere from the 5-7th round

Good call bro. Where do you think Tate will go? I hear 2-early 3. what do you think? He doesn't really fit into our needs, but I still love him.

In a side note, got big plans for tomorrow?

Archived