Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this 1986 all over again?

CapitalDefense

April 2nd 2009 will be remembered around here for a very, very long time.

The Chicago Bears will be in that memory, along with a 3rd round draft pick, the pick that sealed the deal. Add in a couple of first rounders who may or may not pan out, the Denver Broncos and the Washington Redskins.

One way or another there will be 2 losers in this deal, Denver will almost certainly be one unless Kyle Orton was holding back in Chicago. Maybe they get up high enough to get one of the top two QB's this year, who knows, good luck though because pro bowl QB's do not grow on trees.

Will the Bears, who were a QB away with that great defense and running game become an NFC power, time will tell.

Ahh now, the "egg on your face" Redskins are left with nothing but about 50 online articles that said it was close, it was done, or it might get done. They still need a franchise QB, or maybe Jason Campbell finally lives up to his hype.

One thing is for sure, somebody will win in this deal, sadly this might be the one where the Redskins might regret for a long time, not pulling the trigger.

How does this relate to 1986?

I sem to recall Jay Shroeder lit it up for 4,109 yards, we went 12-4, knocked the defending Super Bowl Champions out of the playoffs then got our arses handed to us in the Meadownlands thanks to Joe Morris, LT. and alot of fricken' wind.

One way or another there will be 2 losers in this deal, Denver will almost certainly be one unless Kyle Orton was holding back in Chicago. Maybe they get up high enough to get one of the top two QB's this year, who knows, good luck though because pro bowl QB's do not grow on trees.

I think there's only one loser in this deal, and it's not Denver or Washington. The Bears paid way too much for one guy, which is a mistake the Skins have made over and over again. If we were in the hunt for Cutler, I'm glad we lost out.

The Bears, just like us, have a hell of a lot of holes, and giving up so much for a QB just makes them less capable of filling those holes. Regardless of whether you support Campbell or not (which I do), that move would have made us, overall, a weaker team.

Also, like us, the Bears need serious upgrades on the o-line. Don't know where you got your info about their having a strong running game. Not so in 2008.

:soapbox:

I don't get the 86 reference either. Unless you meant 1985 and the Bears winning the Super Bowl. Of course the Bears won that Super Bowl with a great defense and a great offensive line. Not so much the quarterback position.

Also not everyone is so high on the Bears chances this season.

Schlereth really tore into them tonight. He stated that their offensive tackles are garbage, that their wide receivers are nothing and that their offense is every bit the jumbled mess that the Broncos defense is and that now they have no draft picks to fill the holes on offense.

Seems to me Cutler is going to get chewed up in Chicago.

THERE ARE TOO MANY THREADS ABOUT Jay Cutler and Jason Campbell and this QB trade stuff.

This is rediculous and makes it difficult to post an intelligent thought because I don't know which one to respond too, so I guess I'll copy this and post it in all of them!

Nope...1987

I won't ask for your Redskin Card cuz thats not my way...but you may want to duck...

I realized it and deleted it as soon as i hit the post.

you were too fast for me, and now i can't pretend i didn't say it.

senior moment is my only excuse.

Archived