bulldog

Are you happy with Haynesworth?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Haynesworth?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent.

First Calm down.

I think Landry was a very good pick. I've not seen enough of Willis and the 9ers to say he's a great pick, but anyone I marked as Good as of right now in my mind means they were not a bust. It is in no way meant to disparage anyone's talent, but some of the people I marked good I've seen some good things about and expect to perhaps be great, but may not be 'great' yet. It's highly subjective, and was never intended disparaging of the players. Just trying to describe how I saw that year's draft.

And Yes, I think Beason was a reach and possible bust.

I also don't just look at stats either here :/ Some of these guys I've not seen many games for unfortunately. Willis is one of them, and I hesitated to mark him as great in the absence of seeing more footage.

First Calm down.

I think Landry was a very good pick. I've not seen enough of Willis and the 9ers to say he's a great pick, but anyone I marked as Good as of right now in my mind means they were not a bust. It is in no way meant to disparage anyone's talent, but some of the people I marked good I've seen some good things about and expect to perhaps be great, but may not be 'great' yet. It's highly subjective, and was never intended disparaging of the players. Just trying to describe how I saw that year's draft.

And Yes, I think Beason was a reach and possible bust.

I also don't just look at stats either here :/ Some of these guys I've not seen many games for unfortunately. Willis is one of them, and I hesitated to mark him as great in the absence of seeing more footage.

how do you call a probowler in his 2nd year a possible bust? i dont wanna go off on a tangent but thats pretty ridiculous dude.

how do you call a probowler in his 2nd year a possible bust? i dont wanna go off on a tangent but thats pretty ridiculous dude.

Actually before SnyderMustGo posted it I didn't realize Willis was a 2 time pro-bowler. His was a name that I wasn't sure my rating was right on, but I'd rather be wrong and say he's good when he turns out great, then say he's great when he's a bust. If I was reevaluating him now having seen what SnyderMustGo posted, I'd probably upgrade his rating for sure.

Wow Veretax... That list, combined with your list of QBs and how you evaluate them... Wow...

As I said its a highly subjective analysis, some of those guys really haven't shown me enough to get a solid read on. That's my opinion, and your entitled to disagree of course.

As for Beason, unless I'm confusing him with another player. (Possible I don't watch the panthers much.) I've not seen anything to mark him as a good player long term, but again these are totally subjective. I've not seen every game, and some of the players I've only seen a few things from in the last two years so :/

Agree DE less of a prioity with Wynn/Daniels. Bottom line is JC stepping up an us scoring points. OL pass blocking killed us late. Redshirt W.Outs have to show up with Davis in the mix. D. will be okay if Wilson and Jackson improve. SS LB is a concern. Always liked Marcus but watching him in coverage against TE's like Witten was painful. No chance. HB is pretty good but with R.Mac's knees we're thin at LB. Having been a 50 year fan, projecting the draft is a crapshoot. Half the 1st rounders are out of the NFL in 4 years. This is with the millions of dollars spent annually on scouting,combines, pro days,ect. The Skins had targeted Jerod Mayo/LB last year at 21. N.E got him and they traded back with Atlanta who reached for an OT. Good move we needed the picks. They then targeted Phillip Merling/DE in the top of the 2nd round. Gone again to Miami. Next up on their board ratings were Thomas, Davis and Kelly. 5 OT's will go in 1st Rd, Maybe 6 with Britton/Arizona. Needing picks, I hope they move down get 2 2nd rounders. A LB Or OT in the move down in the 1st. Any of the S.Cal LBs would be an upgrade.

Actually before SnyderMustGo posted it I didn't realize Willis was a 2 time pro-bowler. His was a name that I wasn't sure my rating was right on, but I'd rather be wrong and say he's good when he turns out great, then say he's great when he's a bust. If I was reevaluating him now having seen what SnyderMustGo posted, I'd probably upgrade his rating for sure.

As I said its a highly subjective analysis, some of those guys really haven't shown me enough to get a solid read on. That's my opinion, and your entitled to disagree of course.

As for Beason, unless I'm confusing him with another player. (Possible I don't watch the panthers much.) I've not seen anything to mark him as a good player long term, but again these are totally subjective. I've not seen every game, and some of the players I've only seen a few things from in the last two years so :/

well its cool you admitted you havent watched them a ton, if youre a fan of the sport in general, i suggest you check out both teams when you can. willis is a top 5 LB in the game right now, hes so ridiculous its not even funny. ball hawk at LB and a tackling machine. like a suped up version of fletcher with more playmaking ability.

beason is a tackling machine and a ball hawk as well. he made some game changing picks for them last season, and hes very young.

both of these dudes made it into the PB before fletcher, and although fletcher was crying about it, both these dudes are faster, have better hands, and tackle just as well.

well its cool you admitted you havent watched them a ton, if youre a fan of the sport in general, i suggest you check out both teams when you can. willis is a top 5 LB in the game right now, hes so ridiculous its not even funny. ball hawk at LB and a tackling machine. like a suped up version of fletcher with more playmaking ability.

beason is a tackling machine and a ball hawk as well. he made some game changing picks for them last season, and hes very young.

both of these dudes made it into the PB before fletcher, and although fletcher was crying about it, both these dudes are faster, have better hands, and tackle just as well.

I am a fan of the sport. Too bad I don't get to see SF that often. I did like Willis coming out that year, thought he was perhaps one of the better linebacker talents in the draft, but when I judge a guy I graded high before a draft I sometimes wonder if its preconceived bias when I grade them, I haven't seen enough of Willis to say how good or great he is or is not to be truthful, I glanced at stats, and not much else.

I'll make a note to try and catch a game when I can, (not easy given what is shown on SuddenLink Communications :/)

I am a fan of the sport. Too bad I don't get to see SF that often. I did like Willis coming out that year, thought he was perhaps one of the better linebacker talents in the draft, but when I judge a guy I graded high before a draft I sometimes wonder if its preconceived bias when I grade them, I haven't seen enough of Willis to say how good or great he is or is not to be truthful, I glanced at stats, and not much else.

I'll make a note to try and catch a game when I can, (not easy given what is shown on SuddenLink Communications :/)

good deal.

on a side note, i had both on my fantasy team last season, and they carried my defense week in and week out. willis had like an 86 yard INT for TD return. it was pretty awesome.

Archived