Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TI gets sentenced for One year (and a day) in prison

buenosdiaz

he pretty much broke down that entire situation on the song "Ready For Whatever"

he said he realized what he was doing was wrong and he accepts responsibility for it, but he felt like he had no other options

Yep, explained it in more detail in his MTV thing, too. One of the things I really like about him is that, while he stills has a lot of the ego that other rappers have he comes off, to me, as someone who still has a measure of humility and sense of reality.

I think that TI is be best rapper out right now.

I don't think that he should be compared to Sean Taylor though. TI was more than a one time mistake. He was already on parole/probation for felony drug charges. That's why he couldn't just go out and buy weapons. Now, I can see where TI was coming from, having to buy weapons illegally and all. He felt like his life was in danger and he knew exactly who wanted revenge. Because of his felony conviction, he was unable to defend himself against those where were/are out to get him.

Sean Taylor did have some questionable associations. He made mistakes. It wasn't the fact that he had a drug charge against him that prevented him from having a gun, he just chose not to have one.

When TI used Sean Taylor's name in Ready for Whatever, he was making a point that Sean Taylor might still be alive if he had a gun with him. It makes a good point at showing where TI is coming from as far as protecting himself is concerned. But TI and Sean Taylor's cases are completely different.

They are similar only in the sense that many people will not forgive or forget transgressions as a youngster or believe that you have changed for the better. They're both evidence that you can come back from stupid decisions and learn and grow from them. I'm pretty sure that's the comparison spartacus was making. He wasn't comparing them, he was referencing the hateful attitudes directed towards ST as a worthless thug before and shortly after he died and comparing that to some of the attitudes directed towards TI in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Couldn't figure out where to put this, but it needs to be known...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxvqhjEJJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxvqhjEJJA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You're welcome.

Archived