Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TI gets sentenced for One year (and a day) in prison

buenosdiaz

I think the judge made it that he would spend one year out of prison being a role model and the next year in prison. I don't understand how he got that sentence. A normal man would be locked up for quite a while.

good ass lawyer and a lot of money lol

I think the judge made it that he would spend one year out of prison being a role model and the next year in prison. I don't understand how he got that sentence. A normal man would be locked up for quite a while.

I think part of it also was that he knew who killed his best friend Philant Johnson...that's why he was buying the guns because he had been getting death threats from the guys who killed his best friend...so he decided to take the law inot his own hands...FBI caught before that happened...a few months later the guys who killed his friend were arrested and found guilty and sent to prison for a while...he gave those guys up to the police.

why was he given between 30-60 days to report to jail. If he was convicted of a crime and sentenced to jail time, doesn't that mean he is a threat to society? Shouldn't he go to jail right away.

If that was me, would they give me 30-60 days to report to prison?

our country has really gone down the ****ter! Major double standard for rich people and the common man (unless your name is Michael Vick)

BTW.....any of you that don't think he put out these songs on the last album to improve his image before the sentencing are completely delusional!

You don't go from buying machine guns with silencers to model citizen overnight.....he is trying to rebuild his image so he doesn't go to jail....looks like it didn't work

Hopefully he has "seen the light" and spends the rest of his career trying to put out a positive message. But don't believe for a second that if he wasn't arrested for buying those guns, that he would be changing his image.

That's missing the point.

Yeah, of course getting arrested impacted the way he views life. But so did having his best friend gunned down and his daughter die as a stillborn.

People can genuinely change- what he did before and the way he presented himself may not have been for the best, but that doesn't mean he's not a legitimately better person now due to the tragedies in his life that woke him up to a more mature reality. I think we all saw this kind of thing take place first hand in a guy named Sean Taylor.

why was he given between 30-60 days to report to jail. If he was convicted of a crime and sentenced to jail time, doesn't that mean he is a threat to society? Shouldn't he go to jail right away.

our country has really gone down the ****ter! Major double standard for rich people and the common man (unless your name is Michael Vick)

lol yeah i found that funny...i wouldnt be surprised if it was postponed even further by his lawyer...

i also would be really surprised to see him actually spend a year in prison...i can see him getting on some kind of house arrest after a few months

It's not like he got off free.

He had to pay a 3 million dollar bail in the first place, and the sentencing required 1,000 hours of community service, while under house arrest the past year with only his girlfriend and kids.

Dude, duuudeee, duuuuuuuddddddddddddddddde,

You think T.I vs T.I.P is better than Paper Trail? You thought it was amazing? Alright cough it up, what drugs are you on now?:silly:

Paper Trail is definitely better than T.I. vs T.I.P.

T.I. vs T.I.P. was just too stretched out. Didn't need to be a double album at all.

I prefer King over either of those though.

That's missing the point.

Yeah, of course getting arrested impacted the way he views life. But so did having his best friend gunned down and his daughter die as a stillborn.

People can genuinely change- what he did before and the way he presented himself may not have been for the best, but that doesn't mean he's not a legitimately better person now due to the tragedies in his life that woke him up to a more mature reality.

I hope you are right. I used to be a hip hop fan back in high school...but I got really sick of all the same old gangsta stuff and guns and kill this guy or **** this ***** and all that. I heard a few of TI's new songs (before I knew about his arrest for the guns) and thought, damn....this guy is trying to send out a possitive message....respect to him.

Then I found out about the charges......and it wiped away the respect.

I hope you are right though. For his sake and humanity's sake.

I think we all saw this kind of thing take place first hand in a guy named Sean Taylor

Sean's situation is completely different to me. Sean skipped a rookie symposium (or whatever it's called) spit in someone's face and then lied about it.......

He didn't get arrested for selling drugs, then arrested for buying illegal guns with silencers.....

Big difference in my opinion.

It's not like he got off free.

He had to pay a 3 million dollar bail in the first place, and the sentencing required 1,000 hours of community service, while under house arrest the past year with only his girlfriend and kids.

and what do you think would happen to you if you got the same charge he got? As a second time felon?

You'd be spending 5 years in jail. You'd be sitting in jail waiting trial (because you wouldn't be able to afford bail)

You would go straight to jail right after your sentencing

and what do you think would happen to you if you got the same charge he got? As a second time felon?

You'd be spending 5 years in jail. You'd be sitting in jail waiting trial (because you wouldn't be able to afford bail)

You would go straight to jail right after your sentencing

Sure, but I'm also just a joker 21 year old college kid.

The judge on T.I.'s case realized the power he held as a celebrity to actually do something good, and while a risky move, it's actually worked out pretty well. T.I. hasn't gotten in any more trouble, but he has been a huge advocate against inner city crime, he's all over BET and MTV talking about his mistakes and doing his "Road to Redemption" show, and he's been out there as a positive role model for kids looking to get into the hip hop industry.

There are a million wannabe rappers releasing the usual crap about guns and drugs, but T.I.'s one of the biggest names in the game and he goes the complete other direction from that stuff now, while still putting out very legitimate music. That's huge for kids looking for inspiration.

So yeah, of course I'd get the hammer dropped on me, but I also don't have the power to help lead some change that T.I. possesses.

Sean's situation is completely different to me. Sean skipped a rookie symposium (or whatever it's called) spit in someone's face and then lied about it.......

He didn't get arrested for selling drugs, then arrested for buying illegal guns with silencers.....

Big difference in my opinion.

He did have that whole assault/ATV incident that nearly put him in jail. And it took the birth of his daughter to make him realize what he was doing was stupid, and he had to finally grow up and begin to live his life like a real man.

Like someone mentioned earlier, T.I. wasn't just buying guns for the hell of it, he was getting death threats to him and his family while his best friend ended up murdered. Their stories of major personal change in the face of new responsibility and tragedy aren't really that far apart.

Sure, but I'm also just a joker 21 year old college kid.

The judge on T.I.'s case realized the power he held as a celebrity to actually do something good, and while a risky move, it's actually worked out pretty well. T.I. hasn't gotten in any more trouble, but he has been a huge advocate against inner city crime, he's all over BET and MTV talking about his mistakes and doing his "Road to Redemption" show, and he's been out there as a positive role model for kids looking to get into the hip hop industry.

There are a million wannabe rappers releasing the usual crap about guns and drugs, but T.I.'s one of the biggest names in the game and he goes the complete other direction from that stuff now, while still putting out very legitimate music. That's huge for kids looking for inspiration.

So yeah, of course I'd get the hammer dropped on me, but I also don't have the power to help lead some change that T.I. possesses.

I can see your point and I'm not criticizing your opinion, but I believe it puts out a negative message:

it puts the rich and famous above the common man. Tells everyone that if you are rich and powerful and in a position to have heavy influence on others, you will not be held to the same standard as the rest of society.

It puts out the message that he is above the law....that he can get a slap on the wrist for his crimes, but someone else would get hammered!

He did have that whole assault/ATV incident that nearly put him in jail.

you're right....I forgot about that. that didn't bother me too much...those guys had that ass beatin' coming to them.

it was against the law though, so I get what you are saying now. I still don't put Sean and TI in the same boat. But I see where your comparison came from.

Like someone mentioned earlier, T.I. wasn't just buying guns for the hell of it, he was getting death threats to him and his family while his best friend ended up murdered. Their stories of major personal change in the face of new responsibility and tragedy aren't really that far apart.

that is possible, or he could have been buying those guns for his goons running the drug cartel.....who knows.

but like I said before....I hope he is a changed man and continues to turn his life around and be a posisitive figure to others when he gets out of jail.

Paper Trail is definitely better than T.I. vs T.I.P.

T.I. vs T.I.P. was just too stretched out. Didn't need to be a double album at all.

I prefer King over either of those though.

i think Trap Muzik is his best album personally

TI is one of the few mainstream rappers i listen to consistently

were comparing TI to Sean Taylor now?

wow.

Not in that broad of a sense, no.

But both guys were at one time screw-ups outside of their main passion and careers, getting into trouble and associating with questionable people, and upon certain events occurring (Taylor's daughter's birth/T.I.'s friend murdered and his own daughter's death, and his judge lessening his sentence in favor of more community work), they both came to settle down and realize their past lifestyles were foolish and immature.

Outside of that, the comparisons stop, for sure. It's not like I think of T.I. every day, have him in my screensaver for my computer, and walk around with a hat that says "T.I." on it.

You know, in a lot of ways, I don't blame him for trying to buy those guns. I don't think he was simply buying them to be "gangsta" at all. He had just watched his best friend since 3 years old get killed in the same car he was in during a drive by while leaving an after party for one of his shows over a fight that broke out that he wasn't even involved in. Between that, the fact that those people were never caught, whatever grudges people have on him from his past and just the fact that he's some what of a target given his publicity and wealth, yeah, I can understand wanting guns for protection. Being that he's a felon, he can't legally own guns. Definitely a stupid decisions but I understand the logic behind it.

good bump...i picked up paper trail this weekend

hadnt gotten a TI cd since trapmuzik

and i really like this cd

still not inclined to buy urban legend or ti vs tip

but i was satisfied with this last album and feel what hes saying and hope he makes these changes in his life (looks like he has already begun to)

You know, in a lot of ways, I don't blame him for trying to buy those guns. I don't think he was simply buying them to be "gangsta" at all. He had just watched his best friend since 3 years old get killed in the same car he was in during a drive by while leaving an after party for one of his shows over a fight that broke out that he wasn't even involved in. Between that, the fact that those people were never caught, whatever grudges people have on him from his past and just the fact that he's some what of a target given his publicity and wealth, yeah, I can understand wanting guns for protection. Being that he's a felon, he can't legally own guns. Definitely a stupid decisions but I understand the logic behind it.

he pretty much broke down that entire situation on the song "Ready For Whatever"

he said he realized what he was doing was wrong and he accepts responsibility for it, but he felt like he had no other options

Archived