Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There ain't much talk of re-building the trenches these days...

Est.1974

:doh:Why should we be talking about rebuilding the trenches when Campbell still needs to learn to man up and admit to his coach when he isn't understanding protection schemes?

What protection scheme would that be? The "no protection" protection scheme?

Is Rinehart basically garbage or what? We basically never heard anything about him all season.

Well, he won't be playing LG, the position I believe we initially drafted him to play. Is it possible we could coach him up to cover both Guard spots, as I understand he was drafted having solely played LT ? I don't see the point of having a 3rd rounder just being a long term back-up to Dock.

Nice, GSF.

The absolute proof of how pathetic our o-line depth is occured when Geisinger was put out at tackle when Samuels was hurt.

Didn't Suggs say afterward that he even tried looking or talking trash to our sideline something like, "you've GOT to be kidding..."

I also mentioned him when his name came up in an earlier post. He headed to IR after that.

We need another T to go with Samuels,Heyer & Jansen.

We have no real back-up C after Rabach

We need another G to go with Dock, Thomas & Rinehart.

Please draft 2 good OL prospects.

Is Rinehart basically garbage or what? We basically never heard anything about him all season.

I know he played at a lower level but since he was LT in college, it would be NICE to think that Rinehart could somehow get his behind over to RT. I mean, if he got good enough to play that position, I'm sure he could cover a G spot in a pinch.

Is Geisinger a real prospect?

I think for a stud LT you need to be a high draft pick, USUALLY. But the G and C spots should be able to be filled with anywhere from 2nd-6th round picks. The lower round guys may take time and you're not going to have a line of ALL-PROS usually but you need ALL-PRO at blindside tackle and maybe one of the guard spots.

I'm really hoping we can turn the #13 into a couple of more draft picks and get T and C/G. Our third rounder should net us one of the good C prospects. I think that's key. We have enough horses to compete, but we need a quality guy to step in at C and then take over for Rabach by 2010.

I'm probably being overly sentimental here but I think Jansen may have one more year in him at a "solid" level. That OR he could actually move to G for a couple of years. Not all guys are so interchangeable though, so I can't be sure he would be ABLE To do that even if he wanted to. I'd like to see him try if he's healthy enough in terms of not having any real injuries to battle.

I'm really hoping we can turn the #13 into a couple of more draft picks and get T and C/G.

That would be the best outcome and I think you are 100% right, but I am beginning to doubt our FOs ability to select talent. I lied. I'm not just beginning. We might be better off taking a higher round talent with #13. A little less gamble, the spot is not grossly overpaid, and one of those guys can help immediately, or close to it. But if it goes your way and pans out, that would be better.

I'm probably being overly sentimental here but I think Jansen may have one more year in him at a "solid" level. That OR he could actually move to G for a couple of years.

Either scenario here would benefit us a great deal.

Failure to do either probably results in JJ not being here in 2010,

Why can't we just take a break from talking about the trenches? We cut dead weight with Jason Taylor, signed Albert Haynesworth, Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Wynn on the defensive line. We signed Derrick Dockery on the offensive line. We need to draft a right tackle and a defensive end, there's the discussion. How many times do we need to go over it? The Cutler talk was a topic of the week, now it's done.

Let's just wait until the draft to dig the issue up over and over, unless we signed someone else, of course. Or would that leave too much room for countless Jason Campbell threads?

Perhaps we should start a list of things we can't 'talk about' on here anymore. I'll start ;

QB's

Trenches

:)

In all seriousness though, I know the offseason is extremely boring, but we discuss the same thing everytime I come to the board.

You have your choice of:

-I hate Campbell and want him gone/Put Brennan in ahead of him

-Snyder sucks

-Vinny sucks

-This is who we need to draft _______

-Let's trade ______ for something we could never realistically get for him

-________ was cut/is available, let's pick him up

I know there isn't much to talk about now, and I know people need a daily fix of talking Skins, but a lot of these horses are so far gone, people are taking bats to glue sticks.

All I'm saying is, it's not that people don't want to re-build the lines, it's just we've talked about it for so long, there isn't much else to say. When Diabetes Quarterback Awareness Week came along, people were all over it because it was something else to talk about.

Archived