Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: House passes bill taxing AIG, other bonuses (90 percent tax on some bonuses)

#98QBKiller

I wouldn't call it a straw man. The argument could be made that the folks who screwed up that bad, but knew exactly where, would have motivation to cover their tracks in the unwinding of it all.

It's not nice to talk about your Congress like that:D

This is an emotional reaction akin to Bush invading Iraq.

Using tax as punishment for something we let happen?

That'd be like grounding my son for eating candy I handed him:doh:.

Sounds pretty stupid to me. All that needs to happen is a common sense provision in future bills capping bonus money. If the companies don't like it then don't take the money.

Congressman Frank suggested filing lawsuits to recoup the money but doesn't take the next step and mention who will pay for it. I don't think the taxpayer should fund a witch hunt for yet another complete failure by Washington.

It sounds like some of that money has already been returned, so let the good people be good, and move on. Borrowing more money to solve a debt problem is not a solution.

:2cents:

They are really screwing themselves with this. This tax applies to any company that accepted bailout money. You can best belive the top talent is going to stay far away from comapnies that accept bailout money. Good job Congress way to make a bad situation worse.

yep... just like all the top talent fled the automotive industry when they got a bailout... ooops no. i think this more like market correction. they were overpaid now they are finding the true value of their salary.

top talent my ass. these clowns are so replaceable.

Very Bad move and Unconstitutional.

Stealing money from a targeted group because of emotional sentiment from the masses and for congress to CYA is bad policy.

Why don't they do the same thing with those earmarks which is in the Billions.

How is it stealing? This was not earned money. It was a handout, that was spent incorrectly. No different than the government making sure welfare money is not spent on drugs.

How is it stealing? This was not earned money. It was a handout, that was spent incorrectly. No different than the government making sure welfare money is not spent on drugs.

It's stolen because he's a liberal. If one of Dave's boys did this, it would be an heroic action that will blaze a trail of truth and justice across the land.

I agree with SnyderShrugged today. What a cluster****.

~Bang

I think the real question is: Do you feel congress is doing a good job right now?

I still smell a manufactured situation here in giving the bonuses and knowing that this money was going to be contractually given and then the execs would take a hit for 'allowing' it and congress would 'clean' it up.

In the end, AIG gets the operation money it needed to stay alive, congress gets to save the day and when the money is paid back or taxed, it goes where and to what? Because I sure as hell am not seeing a check in the mail paying me back for this money.

Of course, I have complete faith in this congress and they will make sure that every penny that was taken from us will come back to us......:doh:

It's stolen because he's a liberal. If one of Dave's boys did this, it would be an heroic action that will blaze a trail of truth and justice across the land.

I agree with SnyderShrugged today. What a cluster****.

~Bang

Agreeing with me is likely one of the signs of the apocolypse! LOL:D

Archived