Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A great quote for Friday morning

Spaceman Spiff

Exactly.

Ted Leonsis understood it back in early 2004. He had an old overpaid underachieving team

Rather then trying to prop it up and get 6th seeds in the playoffs or not even make the playoffs, he blew it up

Now we have a legit Stanley Cup contender for the next decade in DC

VOICE OF REASON not allowed here, this is dannyville support it or be a hater, miserable fan, blah blah GO CAPS!!!!!!!

Caps win a cup before dannyskins win a Lombardi

Relax spiff, it's not that bad. Dan and Vinny know what they're doing.

By the way, I wanted to share with everyone that I just purchased some club level tickets for 2009. The kind folks at the Redskins ticket office let me know that some had come available! Can you believe it? How nice of them. Anyways, the amenities that come with the tickets are very nice. I shall enjoy them immensely.

Gotta go- I've got a delicious, succulent, perfectly aged and cooked Johnny Rockets cheeseburger waiting on me, I don't want it to get cold. Goes great with their delicious fries and an ice cold Coca Cola product.

And I see they have an AMAZING drug prescription plan too....

:evilg:

Yeah, it's not like I don't have a reason to be, right? I mean, don't we routinely do this every year?

If we were making deep playoff runs every year, that'd be one thing but thats not the case.

I dont think we ever made a big splash like this. The portis trade was up there. I like it though, Snyder still likes to make moves, but hes smarter by picking up more younger free agents, as to when he first came into the league. We dont have that many draft picks dude and we have some needs on this team, we looked awful in the last half of the season and you are sayin stay with that? People compare teams like the steelers on how they do business in free agency but the steelers are winning so why would they change things? Why would they go get a guy like haynesworth when they just won a super bowl?

This move assures us to expect the same 8 and 8 type seasons for the next 5 years.

How is that? Because now we might actually be able to get to the quarterback and produce some sacks?

It's really getting old to hear everyone acting so negatively about getting a player with so much potential upside. Why not wait and see what he does before making speculations like this... what good does it do? Buffer your post count?

How is that? Because now we might actually be able to get to the quarterback and produce some sacks?

It's really getting old to hear everyone acting so negatively about getting a player with so much potential upside. Why not wait and see what he does before making speculations like this... what good does it do? Buffer your post count?

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fans wanted a dominant DT, that can collapse the pocket. You got it. I don't understand the constant whining.:mad:

The Skins filled a need on both lines.

He wants to have a HOF career(if you trust his presser about him getting a wake up call after that incident). Scheme apparently isn't that big of an issue at all(just different terminology). Plus, Blache will still probably rotate him out often enough to keep him fresh. If has controlled his anger and gets angry, oppoenents beware.

You know what makes good football sense:

We had the #4 defense in the league.

The offense scored less points than the Lions.

Lets spend $150 million on the defense.

True, the Skins were the number 4 defense in the league. But they were 28th in sacks, and 30th in creating turnovers. You can't be serious!

They signed Dockery. They didn't need a WR or TE. They can address the OL and RB position in the draft.;) So, what are you talking about? They addressed positions of need.

Not the same thing, the " Redskins fans that only complain about their team 24/7 clan" try again. These guys are much younger than past failures. While you may not totally like it, or agree with it...try to be a fan here and there.

Something needed to be done, and the almost perfect pieces were there. I'm sure you'd rather have picked up some mid level talent that are serviceable and non-game changing and that would put us into the playoffs. Guess we won't find out this time around. Just try hoping this time it does work, and these are the right pieces, and the coaches make the proper scheme changes and whatever else to best utilize the existing team and the new pieces added.

Get a grip guys!!!:saber: This is not a Brandon Lloyd or Adam A. move. This guy can play!!! I just did not want to give him that 7 year 100 million dollar contract that was the rumor.I was shocked that we got Derick D. back home!!!The F.O. is addressing the teams needs O-line and D-line.

The next thing I want to see is a clutch field goal kicker here!!! If the skins would have had on of those last year it would have been 10-6 instead of 8-8.The skins will still be in close games and a clutch field goal kicker could make a difference!!!

this is going to haunt us. id lie if i said the impulse in me wasnt excited about him, but i know what will come of this. in the words of han solo in A New Hope:

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"

Question for those saying "this is going to haunt us" - you've been saying that since 2001, yet here we are, spending 100 mill on yet another free agent. What makes you think if the light *DOES* come on, the salary cap will affect Snyderatto at all? If they've proven ANYTHING, its that the salary cap is a meaningless number. :2cents:

Archived