Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A great quote for Friday morning

Spaceman Spiff

Exactly.

Ted Leonsis understood it back in early 2004. He had an old overpaid underachieving team

Rather then trying to prop it up and get 6th seeds in the playoffs or not even make the playoffs, he blew it up

Now we have a legit Stanley Cup contender for the next decade in DC

Things like that make me wish I could watch hockey. I'd rather get kicked in the mouth though.

I just don't get how this board can fall for the same crap year after year.

Exactly.

Ted Leonsis understood it back in early 2004. He had an old overpaid underachieving team

Rather then trying to prop it up and get 6th seeds in the playoffs or not even make the playoffs, he blew it up

Until Snyder gets rid of the "we're only a couple of players away from dominance" mentality we're going to see the same old crap every March with the Redskins.

There is no such thing as blowing it all up here.

Relax spiff, it's not that bad. Dan and Vinny know what they're doing.

By the way, I wanted to share with everyone that I just purchased some club level tickets for 2009. The kind folks at the Redskins ticket office let me know that some had come available! Can you believe it? How nice of them. Anyways, the amenities that come with the tickets are very nice. I shall enjoy them immensely.

Gotta go- I've got a delicious, succulent, perfectly aged and cooked Johnny Rockets cheeseburger waiting on me, I don't want it to get cold. Goes great with their delicious fries and an ice cold Coca Cola product.

Exactly.

correct!!! I hope they bring the cup in DC every year for the next decade! Ovechkin is a monster, the best player to watch on ice!

Exactly.

Let's go FLYERS! :)

Alright, on a serious note...they signed 2 guys. Thats it. It's not like they traded for either. If they don't work out, no skin off anyones back except Snyder's wallet.

What's insane about signing the best FA availible to the entire league? ESPN reports that at least 6 teams offered him 30 million guarenteed. Were these other teams wanting him also insane in your eyes?

The difference is we gave him $41 million guaranteed and $32 million of that $41 is guaranteed in the first year of his deal.

No one else was that dumb.

Actually, I think Haynesworth is taller. Just sayin'

Hahaha

The thing is for his position he's been playing incredible ball, no other player has stats like these:

Haynesworth led the Titans with a career-high 8½ sacks last season. He also had 75 tackles, 22 quarterback pressures, seven tackles for a loss and forced a team-high four fumbles.

The man was worth the contract

Archived