Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Annika make the cut?

Kilmer17

Curiously enough, the better she does, the worse it is for the LPGA. If they think ratings and attendance are bad now, how will it go if the cream of their tour switch over to the much more lucrative men's tour?

Will Michelle Wie make it on the men's tour? With her distance, probably.

Take the top 4 female golfers - Sorrenstam - Webb - Wie - Pak - off that tour and you've lost most of it's luster.

gbear,

nice link.. that story puts her talent into perspective a little. After reading that, I think it is definately possible for her to make the cut, but I'd still hate to be the guy she beats.

I think a better guage of her talent would be if she played in 4 or 5 events.

Although I don't follow too much LPGA I do know that Annika is very capable of making the cut and perhaps even making the top 20. She can hit a ball farther than a good portion of the men on the tour and has very good accuracy. I don't really agree with her going on the men's tour but so be it.

I would be very surprised if she shoots better than a 153 for her two rounds. That's a 77 and a 76. I don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell of making this cut. Teeing off from the men's tees on this narrow, unforgiving course will be her doom.

Archived