Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we sign Hall now with the deal Asomugha

gobigred

I was just reading ESPN and saw the deal that Asomugha has 45.3 million 3 year deal 28.5 guaranteed. I compared their stats and it is obvious that Hall is the better player on paper. I figure that Hall will want the same kind of money if not more and do we really want or better yet can we afford a deal like this, Hall is no doubt worth it based on his numbers. I just want to get everyones feel for this kind of deal. I am sure something will happen between now and the weekend. I guess we can do it if we cut Springs and some more players 3 year deal that is just hard to believe I guess Al Davis is really off his rocker.

I was just reading ESPN and saw the deal that Asomugha has 45.3 million 3 year deal 28.5 guaranteed. I compared their stats and it is obvious that Hall is the better player on paper. I figure that Hall will want the same kind of money if not more and do we really want or better yet can we afford a deal like this, Hall is no doubt worth it based on his numbers. I just want to get everyones feel for this kind of deal. I am sure something will happen between now and the weekend. I guess we can do it if we cut Springs and some more players 3 year deal that is just hard to believe I guess Al Davis is really off his rocker.

:doh:

Can you show us this paper you speak of that shows Hall is better than Asomugha?

Not compared to the stats Asomugha 40 TCKL, 1 FF, 1 Int for 2008, Hall 74 TCKL, 1 SCK, 5 INT for 2008. numbers don't lie.

Your right.... the Raiders cut Hall because he was better than Aso:doh:

Watch the 1st 8 games for the Raiders this past year and see if your eyes lie to you like the stats.

I think one thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that Hall laid a big egg in Oakland, and teams are going to remember that. That is probably going to keep Hall from getting a huge payday from teams.

I hope you are right I hope we sign him, just not for 3 years.

Your right.... the Raiders cut Hall because he was better than Aso:doh:

Watch the 1st 8 games for the Raiders this past year and see if your eyes lie to you like the stats.

Did it every occur to you Hall wanted out and made it happen I hope we don't think players do that, Hall did not fit that defense He was a two time Pro Bowler prior to Oakland

Did it every occur to you Hall wanted out and made it happen I hope we don't think players do that, Hall did not fit that defense He was a two time Pro Bowler prior to Oakland

So now you are saying you want a quiter on your team?

I wasn't trying to bust your chops too bad, but there is much more to the game than stats. Anyone who watches them both play knows who the better corner is.

I just think it's strange that when he gets his big payday with Oakland, he stunk up the place bad. When he is playing for his next contract with Washington, he plays good, not great, but good.

So now the question is.... When he gets his next payday, which Hall will show up. I don't think I would take that gamble, but that's me.

I think one thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that Hall laid a big egg in Oakland, and teams are going to remember that. That is probably going to keep Hall from getting a huge payday from teams.

Yeah, but we showcased him pretty well in B&G. He probably earned some of that respect back anyway. I never did think he was worth that ridiculous contract Al Davis gave him, but he is definately worth Springs money plus a little more.

:rotflmao:

Wait, do you really think Hall is in the same league as Asomugha?

Nobody in this league is in the same league as Asomugha. Champ Bailey in his prime was maybe in Asomugha's league. You don't throw at Asomugha. You don't. Hell, you could throw on Green or Sanders in their prime.

To me this makes the Hall negociations a bit more dicey.

I would expect his agent to start around the 20M in guaranteed dollar range, and possibly even 25M. I believe Hall agent will use his numbers from last year to prove that. I think Aso is the better guy, and more than likely deserves more of the dollar figure, but Hall's camp is going attempt to come in right underneath his figure.

The Redskins really can't afford to break the bank for this guy. They need to remember that.

So now you are saying you want a quiter on your team?

I wasn't trying to bust your chops too bad, but there is much more to the game than stats. Anyone who watches them both play knows who the better corner is.

I just think it's strange that when he gets his big payday with Oakland, he stunk up the place bad. When he is playing for his next contract with Washington, he plays good, not great, but good.

So now the question is.... When he gets his next payday, which Hall will show up. I don't think I would take that gamble, but that's me.

I don't think he quit, I think the dirty bird funk was still on him. He lost his star qb, lost his coach and was basically kicked off the team that drafted him. I think he was dealing with that pressure and was young and inmature at the same time. I think he had player hangover not trying to defend him I just think he is a better player then he showed at Oaktown.

Archived