Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT Scott Norwood

Golgo-13

The wife and I are currently in the market to buy a new home. The loan officer at the bank set us up with a Remax realtor by the name of Scott Norwood. My first thought was naaaaw, couldn't be THE Scott Norwood, aka the guy who missed the field goal in the Super Bowl for the Bills.

So anyway, we were out cruising around looking at houses on Saturday and he was all "my buddy Bruce Smith lives out here, you might know of him, he plays for the Redskins." I was like "uhhhh yea, I think I have heard of him.'

So anyway, it turns out is was him. I guess he grew up in Annandale and it now working as a realtor here. He is a totally nice guy and we had a good chat about football. He thinks that John Hall will help out the 'skins a great deal. However, I have to admit that it was a little akward when he talked about how you have to have patience when kickers go into their "little slumps." I was just like...."yea, of course" with visions of "wide right" dancing through my head.

Anyway, I just thought I would share that story with you guys since I figured you would be able to appreciate it. And for the record, he's a pretty good realtor. :laugh:

Interesting. I always wondered what happened to the guy after perhaps the most famous miss in modern NFL history. Good story. It's cool to be able to talk ball with a guy who's actually done it.

I remember the last time the Bullets went tot he playoffs (when they were still the Bullets) a buddy of mine and I went out to Greveys to watch game 2. So we were sitting at our table and I was mentionin how Calbert Cheney was hot and it was keeping the Bulls defense out of synch and this guy in a suit who was walking by heard me and said "Yeah, Cheney's shooting the sh!t out the ball, isn't he?" Turns out that guy was Kevin Grevey. :cool:

Originally posted by Henry

Interesting. I always wondered what happened to the guy after perhaps the most famous miss in modern NFL history. Good story. It's cool to be able to talk ball with a guy who's actually done it.

B]

Yea, the thing about this guy is he's totally cool about it. Just a real laid back guy and a good family man. I was expecting something like unto Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura but he seems to have things in proper perspective and has just moved on with his life. Like he said, kickers can get into slumps at times, his just happened to come at the worst possible moment.

Originally posted by escholz

I was expecting something like unto Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura

:laugh: I have always thought the same thing, that he must have totally gon Finkle. It's good to hear that he is able to have a normal life.

Great post!

Archived