Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Present from the past

jeep81scram

It's my birthday today, the big 4-0. My wife and kids re-organized and gave our rec room in the basement a face lift with new paint and pictures, etc as an early present about a week ago while I was out of town. I was downstairs this evening when I noticed a football on the shelf. I already have several footballs that mean a lot to me, most of all the ball from Superbowl XXII that I had gotten from an old girlfriend's father who was tight with a bunch of coaches and players at the time.

But the ball I saw tonight caught my eye because of a silver pen autograph on it. I took the ball upstairs and asked my wife where it came from. She commented that it was part of my birthday present and she had purchased it. I then asked her to tell me when she had purchased it and she paused and wanted to know why I was asking. I told her I wanted to know because the signature has #21 next to it which of course belongs to the late Sean Taylor. She then embarrassingly admitted that she had purchased the ball from a dealer online a couple years ago with plans to give it to me for Christmas but forgot about buying it. I had (and still have) a rookie #36 ST jersey that I wore to games, etc so she knew he was a player I liked.

Needless to say I am pretty excited about the ball! I checked the signature against other items online and it looks like a match to me. The certificate is from B&J Collectibles. What a great B-Day present!

Archived