Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Samuels Chooses Rehab over Pro-Bowl

#98QBKiller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offensive_tackle

Right tackle

The right tackle (RT) is usually the team's best run blocker. Most running plays are towards the strong side (the side with the tight end) of the offensive line. Consequently the right tackle will face the defending team's best run stoppers. He must be able to gain traction in his blocks so that the running back can find a hole to run through. Designated as the left and right tackles, they begin each play at the line of scrimmage, to the outside of the guards and to the inside of any tight ends or wide receivers that might be in the play. On running plays, they usually push defenders away to clear a path (or "hole") through which the running back can carry the ball. On passing plays, they usually obstruct onrushing defenders from reaching and sacking the quarterback. They are ineligible receivers, meaning they are not permitted to intentionally touch a forward pass in the air unless it has already been touched by an eligible receiver.

Thanks dude. Ive seen Samuels make some killer blocks and put some DLineman on skates. He could make the move to the right I think.

They should get one of the "big four" at LT and move Samuels to RT.

I would rather keep him on JC's blind-side. He's a sure thing on the Left rather than taking the chance at a Rookie LT to keep JC safe. With more help from Buges, I'd would like to see Heyer replace Jansen.

Why? He was still a dominant LT before his injury. If we do draft a young T he can play on the right side while Samuels servers as a mentor of sorts and eventually passes the torch to him.

No offense, but how would you like to train someone to ultimately take your job? Won't happen. Big Chris is the BOOKEND of our line, and he knows it. Just because he's a true Redskin, doesn't mean he's not going to lookout for himself too.

He starts at LT until his arms fall off. That's the way he would want it, thats the way it's going to happen. He doesn't make big money to train someone, then get the shaft (like Snyder has done to all the ex-great Redskins; see Champ Bailey/Darrell Green) and even the way Jon Jansen is ABOUT to get shafted. The only reason he is still here is because he doesn't have a servicable backup. The second someone comes in and flat out beats him, he's gone. (I know he sucks now, but has been our road grading RT for 11 years now.)

No offense, but how would you like to train someone to ultimately take your job? Won't happen. Big Chris is the BOOKEND of our line, and he knows it. Just because he's a true Redskin, doesn't mean he's not going to lookout for himself too.

He starts at LT until his arms fall off. That's the way he would want it, thats the way it's going to happen. He doesn't make big money to train someone, then get the shaft (like Snyder has done to all the ex-great Redskins; see Champ Bailey/Darrell Green) and even the way Jon Jansen is ABOUT to get shafted. The only reason he is still here is because he doesn't have a servicable backup. The second someone comes in and flat out beats him, he's gone. (I know he sucks now, but has been our road grading RT for 11 years now.)

Your second paragraph is incorrect on so many levels it's dizzying.

They should get one of the "big four" at LT and move Samuels to RT.

Man that would be a great idea. Samuels will be gone in a few years so our new LT would get the experience. I would be seemless. Plus Samuels could help teach the new guy some techniques.

It didn't make sense to me....in one sentence he said that Jansen was going to get shafted and then he turned around and said that Jansen sucks.

Plus, I must have missed how the Redskins "shafted" Darrell Green. Or shafted Champ Bailey, a malcontent who wanted out of DC.

Not to overly bash the post, because I agree with him that shifting Samuels to the right side next year is a bad idea. Maybe in two or three years, but not next year.

Archived