Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Americans are not your enemy,' Obama tells Muslims

#98QBKiller

i can't speak to why these guys keep getting job offers in respected national publications / broadcasts, BUT i do think the election results of '06 and '08 are a pretty clear indicator that the majority of the country does recognize the obvious and has rejected the bulk of their excuses and spin.

Put the koolaid down and walk away very, very slowly. The men with the white coats are here to help you.

Fox news journalist are critical thinkers~ plus, they make you think and don't make you drink the koolaid they have been served..............opposed to that thought process? Thought so;):)

i can't speak to why these guys keep getting job offers in respected national publications / broadcasts, BUT i do think the election results of '06 and '08 are a pretty clear indicator that the majority of the country does recognize the obvious and has rejected the bulk of their excuses and spin.

'Scuse me?

How many posts have you seen in Tailgate claiming that the receipe for national bliss is "replace George Bush with a different Republican, and keep saying and doing the same thing the GOP has been saying and doing for 30 years"?

'Scuse me?

How many posts have you seen in Tailgate claiming that the receipe for national bliss is "replace George Bush with a different Republican, and keep saying and doing the same thing the GOP has been saying and doing for 30 years"?

i said the MAJORITY (judging by who the winners and losers were). obviously there are always those who support their political parties with the same level of loyalty, fervor, and (lack of) objectivity usually reserved for the local sports franchise.

This is what I don't understand. The Washington Post is bringing back Kristol and obviously they employ Krauthammer and Gerson as well. I understand the need for balance and the Post has EJ Dionne, Eugene Robinson and a couple other liberals as well as moderates and centrists. But aren't there folks on the right who are not constantly wrong about everything? So why does the Post hire these guys? Is it a ratings thing?

Maybe they want people that will write foolish counterpoints to the points they want published?

The words "provide for the common defense" ring any bells?

Again. You want to try to tell me that the fact that there's (gasp!) a tyranical dictator running a country, out there, makes it necessary for the US to start a war?

We're gonna need a lot bigger military.

Yes, they do ring a bell. It was my occupation at one point.

I count two wars that provided for the common defense. Both on US soil.

Can you say either World War or Korea was providing for the common defense?

To a point I agree with you. And so did General/Former President Washington. Read his farewell speech sometime. He felt we should stay out of foreign affairs altogether.

One can take an American philosophical standpoint and say no war is necessary if the US is not threatened. Another can take a humanitarian standpoint and say the US should get involved when there are crimes against humanity. Here's the catch though, the world looks to the US to step in when the latter occurs. Japan, China, Soviet Union (i could go on) isn't asked to help. When the world needs someone to spend billions of dollars and sacrifice the lives of our young men and women, they pick up the phone and call 888-save US. If they're not asking for military aid, they want $$$$$$$$$.

As for your question "You want to try to tell me that the fact that there's (gasp!) a tyranical dictator running a country, out there, makes it necessary for the US to start a war?" . You have to be kidding me! There are some Holocaust victims still alive that may want to answer that for you. Or, would you pose that question to Jefferson, Washington, or Adams if you could?

Tyrannical dictators should be the ONLY reason we take action. Not for oil, not for a legacy, not for political ties. That has been my stance.

Yes, they do ring a bell. It was my occupation at one point.

I count two wars that provided for the common defense. Both on US soil.

Can you say either World War or Korea was providing for the common defense?

No.

Which is why I don't consider them necessary.

(Remember necessary? This is a discussion about necessary.) (That's a musical reference.)

(Now, I've been posting in this thread for about 20 posts. I can keep posting for another 20 posts. I'm not proud. Or tired.)

I think WW2 was a good idea. Glad we did it. Happy with how it turned out. But necessary, to me, is a whole 'nother matter.

As for your question "You want to try to tell me that the fact that there's (gasp!) a tyranical dictator running a country, out there, makes it necessary for the US to start a war?" . You have to be kidding me! There are some Holocaust victims still alive that may want to answer that for you. Or, would you pose that question to Jefferson, Washington, or Adams if you could?

Tyrannical dictators should be the ONLY reason we take action. Not for oil, not for a legacy, not for political ties. That has been my stance.

Then as I said, we're gonna need a much bigger military. Because we're gonna be invading about 3/4 of the world, any day now. Including Russia and China.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=277427&highlight=Libertarian&page=2

You quoted a libertarian author on a libertarian website, then got bent when I pointed it out. I called you on it in post 22 and in post 24 you said you had a right to post according to your beliefs and that we all do.

You will also not that while I laughed a the content of the story I never got personal with you. On the other hand, you sent a rash of personal insults my way.

Apology accepted.

Oh you get to rewrite that history too? LOL you funny!

Lets see, AFTER I nicely wished you a happy new year, and AFTER I had posted on tjhe satire of the article on the "Carriage industry bailout", I posted another article on the piano industry in the same vein.

In post #16 you opted to be a jerk. There is no defense for it as here is the EXACT quote from you in that thread...

Big Mike to Snydershrugged

"Seriously. What a pile of horse****. Comparing the piano industry to the car industry?

Try reading something other than your usual ideological propaganda."

So thats your idea of...

"You will also not that while I laughed a the content of the story I never got personal with you.

Enjoy your fantasy land where you feel you can attack without the attakee getting miffed.

Again, you will get better conversation and intellectual debate (which I personally encourage here) if you simply back off the nastiness and try to treat others as you want to be treated.

:doh:

Oh you get to rewrite that history too? LOL you funny!

Lets see, AFTER I nicely wished you a happy new year, and AFTER I had posted on tjhe satire of the article on the "Carriage industry bailout", I posted another article on the piano industry in the same vein.

In post #16 you opted to be a jerk. There is no defense for it as here is the EXACT quote from you in that thread...

Big Mike to Snydershrugged

"Seriously. What a pile of horse****. Comparing the piano industry to the car industry?

Try reading something other than your usual ideological propaganda."

So thats your idea of...

"You will also not that while I laughed a the content of the story I never got personal with you.

Enjoy your fantasy land where you feel you can attack without the attakee getting miffed.

Again, you will get better conversation and intellectual debate (which I personally encourage here) if you simply back off the nastiness and try to treat others as you want to be treated.

:doh:

Awww... did I hurt your wittle feewings?

Seriously man. I'm never gonna be Mr. warm and fuzzy. It's just not me. But I'm also not bitter or hateful. I just speak my mind. Now if you can show me how over three million jobs were lost from the collapse of the piano industry maybe I will re consider calling that story and its comparisons laughable. But as long as you keep posting stories by libertarians to tell us all how great libertarianism is, I'm going to keep calling it propaganda and suggest you find alternative reading material.

Now you can continue to get bent out of shape and go on tirades of personal attacks but you might as well get used to me because I have just as much right to my opinions as you do to yours. The main difference being I will not stoop to calling you a jerk because you strongly disagree with me.

Awww... did I hurt your wittle feewings?

Seriously man. I'm never gonna be Mr. warm and fuzzy. It's just not me. But I'm also not bitter or hateful. I just speak my mind. Now if you can show me how over three million jobs were lost from the collapse of the piano industry maybe I will re consider calling that story and its comparisons laughable. But as long as you keep posting stories by libertarians to tell us all how great libertarianism is, I'm going to keep calling it propaganda and suggest you find alternative reading material.

Now you can continue to get bent out of shape and go on tirades of personal attacks but you might as well get used to me because I have just as much right to my opinions as you do to yours. The main difference being I will not stoop to calling you a jerk because you strongly disagree with me.

So we went from your errant and misplaced accusations now to a simple.."I'm a arse so deal with it".

No acknowledgement that you were dead wrong at all huh?

ok then, at least we know where you stand.

You feel it's totally fine to throw out insults at whomever happens to support libertarian and small, constitutional government ideals. Even when your opinions have little bearing on the thread topic.

I know it must make your small personality feel so much more potent and meaninful to act that way, so I'll cut you a break and chalk it up to a personal character flaw.

Glad you acknowledge your flaws.

Archived