Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ouch, that's not a nice review of the Matrix2

gbear

As in the original, "The Matrix Reloaded" is full of mumbo-jumbo regarding spiritualism and Eastern philosophy, mixed with Hong Kong-style martial arts fights, cyberpunk action, and slam edits. But the slow-motion bends and the mind-boggling visuals, such as "bullet time" and other CGI tricks used in both films, have lost some of their ability to amaze and surprise.

Another issue may be that when "The Matrix" first appeared in the spring of 1999, with its "man against machines" mind-set, it hit a deep nerve with the moviegoing public. At the time, rumors were running rampant about the Y2K bug. Those fears, of course, proved groundless, and three-plus years later, the subject has lost its urgency.

Yea. The whole time watching the first one I was thinking, "Take that, damn comptuers." :rolleyes:

If you go in with reasonable expectations and looking forward to the fight sequences you should like the movie. If you are one of the Matrix-heads hoping to find deeper meaning in a movie whose original premise was a blatant rip-off of 1996's Dark City then you will probably be let down. I like it and will probably see it again but it does have its flaws.

DO NOT READ THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN THE MOVIE!!!

PLOT BUSTER--DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN RELOADED!!!!

I think that up until the end there weren't a whole lot of suprises (just good action and eye candy), but at the end the plot was pretty intriguing. Who else there thinks that the last scene of the movies shows that everyone is still in the matrix--i.e. the real world is still in the matrix, and people who think that they're out aren't really out yet? how else could neo have crashed those ships? if so, maybe neo is different from his 5 predecessors in that he finally can control the world that is the matrix (the real world) and not just the matrix in the matrix. How will this help him save humanity and defeat the machines?

Originally posted by JangoFett

PLOT BUSTER--DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN RELOADED!!!!

I think that up until the end there weren't a whole lot of suprises (just good action and eye candy), but at the end the plot was pretty intriguing. Who else there thinks that the last scene of the movies shows that everyone is still in the matrix--i.e. the real world is still in the matrix, and people who think that they're out aren't really out yet? how else could neo have crashed those ships? if so, maybe neo is different from his 5 predecessors in that he finally can control the world that is the matrix (the real world) and not just the matrix in the matrix. How will this help him save humanity and defeat the machines?

I agree that they are still in the matrix when they think they are out. It is the only way he could have crashed those octo ships. I think Anderson will become aware that he is still in it and that is why he went into the coma. Unlike the first 5 ones he will become aware of this and this info will help free mankind.

Archived