Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why isn't Kerry Brown being considered as an option?

chaught76

Question: Why isn't Kerry Brown being considered as an option for a starting OL position next year?

I remember really good things being said about this guy. Everytime, Bugel or someone with O-line knowledge talked about how well Rinehart was progressing, Brown was getting praise as well. I know the guy was hurt last year, so he never got the chance to develop or prove what he could do; however something I noticed was the Redskins put him on IR instead of turning him loose. I can't see the team doing that unless they thought the rookie was really going to develop or help in the near term.

So back to my question, is Kerry Brown someone we should be looking for and including in our "who should be our starting RT" discussions? If so, does it make more sense to take someone like Duke Robinson with our first?

Looking forward to your comments.

Peace.

I've wondered the same thing.

Although, I think the cursory praise of young players in training camp is more of a motivation thing... not an actual depiction of their progress. Crummey also received praise during TC... but was left unprotected on the PS and got nabbed by the Bengals. And even with all the praise of Rinehart, he still wasn't active for many games during the season. A third round pick being praised during TC, but can't make the game day roster?

Question: Can Crummey be reacquired from the Bengals.. is he a UFA or did the Bengals give him a multi-year contract?

What about these roster OL? Can anyone of these guys play?

63 Montgomery, Will OL 6-3 312 3 VT 02-13-1983

68 Geisinger, Justin OG 6-4 315 3 Vanderbilt 05-24-1982

62 Clark, Devin OL 6-4 312 R New Mexico 05-22-1986

78 Batiste, D'Anthony OL 604 313 2 Louisiana-Lafayette 03-29-1982

What about these roster OL? Can anyone of these guys play?

63 Montgomery, Will OL 6-3 312 3 VT 02-13-1983

68 Geisinger, Justin OG 6-4 315 3 Vanderbilt 05-24-1982

62 Clark, Devin OL 6-4 312 R New Mexico 05-22-1986

78 Batiste, D'Anthony OL 604 313 2 Louisiana-Lafayette 03-29-1982

IMO, Devin Clark is the only one that might have a future with the team. I never agreed that Geisinger was better than Crummey. Crummey was a guy I really wanted us to keep.

That is a shame about Crummey. His situation just makes me think of us giving up on/loosing David Akers and Frank Wychek, but only time will tell.

You all raise some interesting points. What about Washington putting Brown on IR? Why didn't the team let him go? Am I misinterpreting their move or does it mean we feel he is someone who has good chance with our team?

It's my understanding that Kerry Brown was placed on IR with the Redskins but is still with the team. I don't see his name on the Roster.. but it's quite possible UFA who go on IR their first season aren't shown as roster players. Anyone clarify?

It's my understanding that Kerry Brown was placed on IR with the Redskins but is still with the team. I don't see his name on the Roster.. but it's quite possible UFA who go on IR their first season aren't shown as roster players. Anyone clarify?
Brown is no longer with the team in any capacity.

Brown is no longer with the team in any capacity.

Have we seen anything that confirmed that? The last news I saw was that he was being put on IR. I never saw anything about an injury settlement.

Not saying you are wrong, and certainly the roster refects what you say, but I've searched and haven't seen anything beyond the notification that he was put on IR.

edit: ack. Just looking at his Wikipedia page and found out he went to one of my former high schools.

Have we seen anything that confirmed that? The last news I saw was that he was being put on IR. I never saw anything about an injury settlement.

Not saying you are wrong, and certainly the roster refects what you say, but I've searched and haven't seen anything beyond the notification that he was put on IR.

I'm your confirmation.:silly:

He was waived(from the IR) on August 3rd, 2008 with an injury settlement.

edit: found confirmation http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=25417&draftyear=2008&genpos=OG

I'm your confirmation.:silly:

He was waived(from the IR) on August 3rd' date=' 2008 with an injury settlement.

edit: found confirmation [url']http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=25417&draftyear=2008&genpos=OG[/url]

Thanks. It has been bothering me for a while that I could never find that confirmation. I wonder if the Skins will take another look at him this offseason. It doesn't look like anyone picked him up.

edit: ack. Just looking at his Wikipedia page and found out he went to one of my former high schools.

He's not on the roster.

http://www.redskins.com/team/

Archived