Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best TD you'll ever see! (video)

skinsfan07

At that age it's not. It's about teaching the fundamentals of the game and sportsmanship. It's all about winning when there's actual money being made. So save the b.s. for something else. At this age it's about fun and without the fun, half of these kids will just decide that it's not worth the effort to continue playing the game.

I guess you were one of the kids that played for some creep of a coach that told you to not take it easy and to go after another kid's knees? Before you say it's not the same, it's exactly the same. When you take the fun and enjoyment out of the game for a kid, it's like taking his or her ability to play the game away. Yes, I take the subject of football seriously, it was part of my life for the majority of my childhood and as an adult.

I was joking. CLEARLY. And also, I never played football as a kid. I played basketball though. And my coach just told me to have fun there.

And maybe that TD was supposed to be "fun". :whoknows:

For your information.... in American football... that snap is completely legal. The center IS allowed to turn around and hand the ball of directly...... or even toss it laterally behind the line of scrimmage.

I looked that up immediately after seeing the play about a year ago.

However, in Canadian rules.... the ball has to go through the center's legs.

With that being said..... that coach shouldn't ever be allowed to coach youth football again. At that age... it's about teaching the fundamentals and sportsmanship -- you win with pride and you lose with pride. That play does absolutely nothing to enhance youth football other than to score points and beat your opponent -- at any expense.

And if that's your only goal.... I reiterate that coach has no business coaching youths.

That play isn't even funny... it's disgusting.

Well you acknowledge that the play is legal and within the rules, so shouldnt you view that play as a reminder to watch the fundementals and not ever goto sleep.

Well you acknowledge that the play is legal and within the rules, so shouldnt you view that play as a reminder to watch the fundementals and not ever goto sleep.

No, I acknowledged that the "snap" was legal.

If defensive players aren't allowed to draw off offensive players either with movement or verbalization (simulating the snap count).... I'm not sure why offensive players are allowed to simulate a "dead" play by using words to their advantage "We've got the wrong ball coach". If he doesn't say that.... do you think he doesn't get tackled?

Archived