Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prison Break (FOX) cancelled

Skinned

The first two seasons were great. Last season was awful. This season was...meh up and down. I'm kind of bummed it got cancelled as I would have liked to see them at least finish everything up, but it makes sense. The show really went downhill after the second season.

EDIT: Nevermind didn't realize they were still showing the last few episodes...thats good. At least give it some closure, it deserves that much. :)

Not sure where you got your intel. The show's creator, Paul Scheuring, came to Fox with 5 seasons worth of material.

I've always read that it was originally a mini-series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455275/trivia

Thirteen episodes had originally been ordered but due to the success of the show, Fox extended it to a full season.

The idea for the show was originally pitched to the Fox Broadcasting Company in 2003 but was turned down as Fox felt somewhat nervous about the long-term possibilities of such a television series. It was later considered as a possible 10-part mini series, which allegedly drew interest from big names in the film industry such as Steven Spielberg and Bruce Willis. However, the mini series never materialized. Following the huge popularity of serialized prime-time television series such as "24" (2001) and "Lost" (2004), the Fox Network had a change of heart and backed the production in 2004.

Archived