Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Like it or not, we're stuck with Zorn.

Thinking Skins

After hearing Zorn on 980 last night I've come to the conclusion that he's another yes man right in line with Vinny. I get the feeling that he'd put his desk in the hall with Mr. Robiskie if Snyder told him to. He didn't know anything about his own staff (which he completely inherited other than SSmith). He's not the personality I was expecting. We need another Marty.

No, the Skins don't need another Marty. Players didn't like Marty.

Nobody's gonna come here if they're going to be moving out in 2-3 years.

I don't really think that this is a concern. If you aren't cutting it in 3 years, then it's alright if you aren't retained. I think that's just NFL business. But with the perception of Marty being fired as coach (which he wasn't) and the way he fired Turner (which is a decade old now) it looks bad. People can't be expected to win in one year or be fired. Not winning in three years though, that's different.

It's just a revolving door at coach for various reasons and it looks really bad. Stability is really the only thing that can help us reestablish ourselves as a solid franchise.

I don't really think that this is a concern. If you aren't cutting it in 3 years, then it's alright if you aren't retained. I think that's just NFL business. But with the perception of Marty being fired as coach (which he wasn't) and the way he fired Turner (which is a decade old now) it looks bad. People can't be expected to win in one year or be fired. Not winning in three years though, that's different.

It's just a revolving door at coach for various reasons and it looks really bad. Stability is really the only thing that can help us reestablish ourselves as a solid franchise.

But Snyder said in an interview earlier that he expected Zorn to win the division title this year. To have rookie head coaches expecting that to be their measurement of success is just asking for trouble. Anybody who wants to 'rebuild' will be either dismissed or they'll realize the lack of opportunity here.

I can honestly see next season being even worse than 8-8 if Zorn decides to do more of an overhaul of the roster (kinda like Herman Edwards did with KC). But he'll only be willing to do that if he knows that he's not going to get fired for a 4-12 season. I feel like trying to turn the Gibbs/Saunders offense into a WCO is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole - it doesn't work. And as a result, we have bulldog asking questions like "West Coast Offense? What West Coast Offense?"

I actually like Zorn. I predicted at the beginning of the season we'd go 8-8 or 9-7 and we did. He met my expectations so I really can't complain, especially considering that he is a rookie HC and all the learning that goes along with that. I think he really tried this year, but unfortunately, the learning curve took it's toll and we digressed. Plus, we had players who didn't play with a lot of heart this season. That can't be blamed on Zorn. I am hopeful that next season, he will be a great HC that all of us can be proud of.

I actually like Zorn. I predicted at the beginning of the season we'd go 8-8 or 9-7 and we did. He met my expectations so I really can't complain, especially considering that he is a rookie HC and all the learning that goes along with that. I think he really tried this year, but unfortunately, the learning curve took it's toll and we digressed. Plus, we had players who didn't play with a lot of heart this season. That can't be blamed on Zorn. I am hopeful that next season, he will be a great HC that all of us can be proud of.

who didn't play with heart?

But Snyder said in an interview earlier that he expected Zorn to win the division title this year.

Well, what should be the goal? That can be something of an expectation, and it should be a continued expecation until we can acheive that. I don't think telling him 'as long as you don't lose 10 we'll be ok' is the best goal in the world. ;)

I understand your point though, if there's a continual pressure of being axed after a little slip up then it will be hard to produce.

Archived