Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the Better Corner, Rogers or Hall?

Chiefinonhaze

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Who would you rather have. Rogers or Hall? I see a lot of Rogers hate on this site, but I think he is actually better than Hall. Its funny how some people change their opinion like females. First its "Hall sucked in Oakland, stupid move." And now, some people want to let go our homegrown talent in Rogers and let Hall stay.

Hall is a great cover corner, but that is about it. He is weak in run support. Rogers is a solid cover corner, as well as a solid run supporter. Rogers can basically hit like a safety, and could play there in his later years.

I think we should keep both, but if I had to choose I would go with Rogers.

A lot of people forget something, and it's something that I've kept in mind this year when looking at Rogers performance, which has been good, if not great.

How many corners have a season like this one after blowing out their knee the year previous? Yeah, Carlos tore his ACL about halfway through last season.

Hall's fast - I'd put Hall on a guy like a Santonio Holmes or a Lee Evans because not many people are going to run by him. Where Hall has trouble, though, is that sometimes he gets knocked around by bigger receivers. Carlos never seems to have that problem. He might blow a coverage once or twice - all guys do - but it's not as often as it was in '05-06, and he normally does a great job of matching physicality with larger receivers.

Rogers' tackling, I noticed, is vastly improved. He had 49 solo this year, which means that he's often matched up one-on-one against a guy with the ball. He's learned to hit with power and yet still be very sound fundamentally. He might never make 8 picks a season but that'll be more because teams only throw his way when he's absolutely beaten. His coverage skills are improving with the ball in sight. Earlier in his career, he drew a lot of PI penalties and gave up big plays because he wasn't looking where the ball was, and he's worked on that very much.

I like Carlos Rogers and I want him to stay, but Hall's a good corner that can generate turnovers and do something with the ball once he gets it, and I'd have no problem welcoming him back if he's paid intelligently.

Too bad ur best corner is Springs who will get released due to his injury problems but i believe Rogers is better than Hall. Hall might get the picks but he doesnt consistently shut down receivers like Rogers and Rogers is one of the best tackling corner, word of advice Hall is only good till he gets paid.

This poll shows that people need to pay more attention in games. Hall has gotten votes because he's gotten picks.

Rogers is without a doubt the better corner. He's allowed some of the fewest yards in the NFL, where as hall is 9th from last amung corners with 50+ attempts thrown at them.

Hall has made some good plays, but he's been burnt deep numerous times even with the little time he's had with us..Thankfully we got lucky with WR drops and missed throws.

I like them both. I've always had the opinion that Hall was basically playing these last 8 games for a contract. Now does his personality and play chance after he gets his deal this offseason? Personally, I could see the argument both ways.

I was pleasantly suprised how Rogers played this season. I feel that he has warranted a contract extension. But, having said that I honestly believe in the NFL your pass rush makes or breaks your CB's. Look at belieck he constantly has different corners because he can fit any CB into his system and they will succeed because of the pass rush New England can create. If we can get a decent pass rush somehow, someway I expect any CB that we have to be sucessful

Deangelo Hall is just terrible at best. Let's all remember that he played in Oakland, and he got picked on all day long, even by mediocre QB's. At one point, he was one of the most picked on players in the league.

I watched Deangelo Hall carefully in that Eagles game about two weeks ago. He got beat a couple of times, but thankfully Desean Jackson and Co kept dropping passes. I personally don't think he's that good. Rogers has shut down elite receivers this year coming after a BIG season-ending injury. If our FO lets Rogers walk away, it'll be a huge mistake.

I think its obviously Hall. First off hes younger than Rogers (24 vs. 27) Hes a playmaker where Rogers obviously isnt. Hall is a ballhawk something that this d was missing since ST passed.

Rogers is a better tackler hands down, and does well against the bigger physical receiver. With that being said i think its a bad idea to let Rogers go even for a draft pick. He's only going to get better as his knee is able to fully heal this offseason. Plus if Springs goes then Rogers staying is a priority.

Rogers is a better tackler hands down, and does well against the bigger physical receiver. With that being said i think its a bad idea to let Rogers go even for a draft pick. He's only going to get better as his knee is able to fully heal this offseason. Plus if Springs goes then Rogers staying is a priority.

They are both excellent tacklers. You can't argue that Rogers is "hands down" better because Hall himself is one of the best tackling/hitting CB's I have seen

Rogers is as well.

I hope the team decides to keep both of them because both of them can play the run

This poll shows that people need to pay more attention in games. Hall has gotten votes because he's gotten picks.

Rogers is without a doubt the better corner. He's allowed some of the fewest yards in the NFL, where as hall is 9th from last amung corners with 50+ attempts thrown at them.

Hall has made some good plays, but he's been burnt deep numerous times even with the little time he's had with us..Thankfully we got lucky with WR drops and missed throws.

I think they're both great to have on the field. It shouldn't be a choice between the two of them, especially if we cut Springs we can use the money to keep them both under contract. I'd hate to see a Smoot/Springs/Hall backfield next year considering we'd be an injury away from Tryon being our 3rd corner.

In short, they're both good at different things, and Carlos is a better coverage guy.

I like them both, but I guess the cap situation is such that keeping them both isn't much of a possibility?

Not if Springs is gone.

Carlos might get pissed or whatever if Snyder gives Hall money like he gave Springs money, but he's really not worth it. Honestly if we gave them both somewhere in the middle of Springs contract and Smoot's contract it'd be cap friendly and they should be happy with it.

They're both top 12 corners in the league IMO, but not top 5 or 7.

Both are good. I voted for Carlos, though. I just think he is a better fit for our scheme and by virtue of that is better on an island, playing press man. I also think he has a higher ceiling than DeAngelo, talent-wise. I trust Carlos more. DeAngelo is a high-risk, high-reward kind of guy, that plays the QB's eyes as much as the man he's covering.

Archived