Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One trend the Redskins need to copy

GRiggs

I would love to have Sproales!

Can we not find our own Sproles in the draft? He was a 4th rounder in 2005. How about our own Ward (UDFA I believe)?

The redskins need to copy a lot of things from the league like drafting linemen and not trading away picks for players every season.

We need more people who think like this, and not people who just try and pick up what other teams have developed.

Marcus Thigpen from Indiana is legit and would be perfect for our team. I watched him play a lot this year because I go to IU and he was the one bright spot on the offense. He has the breakaway speed that we need and adding him would give us the homerun threat we don't have when portis is in the backfield. He's also got good hands as he was a wide out freshman year. Thigpen would be the perfect change of pace back and kick returner for us. He's looking like a projected 4th-5th rounder right now so I think it would be worth using a pick on him to help our struggling offense.

Can we not find our own Sproles in the draft? He was a 4th rounder in 2005. How about our own Ward (UDFA I believe)?

We need more people who think like this, and not people who just try and pick up what other teams have developed.

I don't think we can afford to draft a RB just yet with the other glaring holes we need filled.

But if we do...

Marcus Thigpen anyone?

The runningback I'd want is Buffalo Bills back Fred Jackson. The guy can play. I've liked him all season, and I think he's better than Marshawn Lynch, honestly.

Every time he hits a pile you see the pile move a yard or two and then you see him go down. He runs hard, but he has the ability to break some long ones. He's a very good back and he's fun to watch.

2007 stats: 58 carries, 300 yards, 5.2 YPC. 22 receptions for 190 yards.

2008 stats: 130 carries, 571 yards, 4.4 YPC, 3 TD. 37 receptions for 317 yards.

Only issue is I'm not sure he's an FA.

Fred Jackson is a beast. Reminds me of Tim Hightower. He is no spring chicken. I wouldn't pay him a ton. Is he a FA?

Archived