Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abundance of Tickets in Parking Lot for Eagles Game

E33Green

Did anyone else notice the ridiculous amount of tickets that were available for this game? I was offered free tickets from people with extras at least five times while tailgating in the parking lot. Scalpers were only asking around 20 bucks for upper level tickets. I was able to talk a guy down to $5.00 for an upper level ticket! Some scalpers were not even buying tickets because they had so many to sell.

I have never seen tickets so easily available for a Skins game. While the reasons for this are obvious, it makes me wonder why people even bother trying to buy tickets of Ebay, Craigslist, ES Classifieds, etc. when you can get great seats for free or next to nothing in the parking lot. Honestly, if you are a Skins fan in the DC metro area, there should have been no excuse not to come to the game and support the Skins yesterday.

Great performance by the crowd and Skins D yesterday. Easily the best home game of the season. Despite all the criticism FedEx Field gets, yesterday was a memorable and enjoyable experience for my friends and I.

HAIL

:eaglesuck

it makes me wonder why people even bother trying to buy tickets of Ebay, Craigslist, ES Classifieds, etc. when you can get great seats for free or next to nothing in the parking lot. Honestly, if you are a Skins fan in the DC metro area, there should have been no excuse not to come to the game and support the Skins yesterday.

Well, besides fans who live long distances away and really have to plan well in advanced to make a game, its simply a lot less stressful if you can get some tickets at face value well in advanced of the day of the game.

I was offered a ticket by a cousin of mine, but I had tickets that were purchased 2 months ago. Also, where in the lot do you find these guys with cheap tickets? I never park near the stadium, I park at the tailgate lot on Brightseat road, so we don't really see many resellers there. I shall keep this in mind for the next time I suspect a low attendance game.

Those people that paid $20 were overcharged. I've bought tickets to meaningless December games for about $5 each on several occasions. I've never paid more than $50 for a ticket there...and that was a club level seat for a BIG game. And of the dozens of times I've tried, I've never been unsuccessful. Season tickets? Face value? Nah.

Well, besides fans who live long distances away and really have to plan well in advanced to make a game, its simply a lot less stressful if you can get some tickets at face value well in advanced of the day of the game.

I was offered a ticket by a cousin of mine, but I had tickets that were purchased 2 months ago. Also, where in the lot do you find these guys with cheap tickets? I never park near the stadium, I park at the tailgate lot on Brightseat road, so we don't really see many resellers there. I shall keep this in mind for the next time I suspect a low attendance game.

I always find plenty of scalpers walking around in the Green and Orange lots.

I had a club in my back pocket that I never could get rid of.

Couldn't give it away.

I sold a red parking pass to the dudes selling them in front for 10 bucks. Got rid of two uppers at the es tailgate for 35.

Wow you made off pretty good, especially getting $35 for the uppers.

Did anyone else notice the ridiculous amount of tickets that were available for this game? I was offered free tickets from people with extras at least five times while tailgating in the parking lot. Scalpers were only asking around 20 bucks for upper level tickets. I was able to talk a guy down to $5.00 for an upper level ticket! Some scalpers were not even buying tickets because they had so many to sell.

I have never seen tickets so easily available for a Skins game. While the reasons for this are obvious, it makes me wonder why people even bother trying to buy tickets of Ebay, Craigslist, ES Classifieds, etc. when you can get great seats for free or next to nothing in the parking lot. Honestly, if you are a Skins fan in the DC metro area, there should have been no excuse not to come to the game and support the Skins yesterday.

Great performance by the crowd and Skins D yesterday. Easily the best home game of the season. Despite all the criticism FedEx Field gets, yesterday was a memorable and enjoyable experience for my friends and I.

HAIL

:eaglesuck

Notice how the fans were great after we'd pretty much been knocked out of the playoff race--all the bandwagon fans failed to show up, hence the more empty seats.

Almost 10,000 no-shows.

That being said the crowd that did appear did a damn fine job and were rewarded with an exciting divisional victory.

A lot of people did not love the game, but the way the defense played alone was worth showing up for.

They are now ranked 4th in the league.

Scalpers were only asking around 20 bucks for upper level tickets.

$20 per seat is about the standard norm for most 400 level tix, (except for the Dallas game). The hustlers usually ask face value, but they quickly come down in their prices when you start walking away.

This game was probably the cheapest since the Chicago game last year.

:cheers:

Great first post! Wish we had more first posters like you around here.

Now... how do you feel about Colt Brennan? :silly:

Wouldn't mind seeing him play against a solid defense..not because I believe he should start, but because I don't think he'd have as much success against actual NFL defenses than the ones he faced in the WAC. Let's just say I'd rather see Collins over Brennan...but I believe almost any QB in the league would produce the same way Campbell is with this o-line.

I had a club in my back pocket that I never could get rid of.

Couldn't give it away.

I sold a red parking pass to the dudes selling them in front for 10 bucks. Got rid of two uppers at the es tailgate for 35.

I ate 1 Club Level ticket too. The fans that DID attend Sunday were real Fans.:eaglesuck

Archived