Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scout.com: Q&A: Ryan Clark (Skins tidbits)

This seemed worthy of the Stadium with how much he talks about the Skins.[/yellow]

http://pit.scout.com/2/822669.html

Q&A: Ryan Clark

Ryan Clark, FS, Pittsburgh Steelers

Q: What will your teammates say about you winning this award?

A: Well, you know, in Washington, everybody who won this award wasn’t on the team the next year. I’m just saying. But it wasn’t called The Chief Award. That’s for Mr. Rooney. But in Washington, this wasn’t a good thing. And I told you guys that before the voting and y’all still voted for me, so what does that say about me? That says y’all really don’t want me here.

Begged and pleaded with you guys. I said, ‘You know guys, it’s not really a good thing. You’re not on the team next year.’ What did y’all do? Voted for me. That shows me what you think about me. It really shows me. I still like y’all, though. I’ll still do interviews, still pray for you guys, even if I’m not on the team next year ’cause y’all voted for me to win this award.

Q: Yes, but Alan Faneca’s playing on a playoff team, isn’t he?

A: Yeah, but he’s not here though. Even though Pittsburgh has this great weather – and I mean it’s awesome weather, the gray skies, cold, snowing, all that good stuff – people are happy to play here. Look at us. We have a good time. We have fun. It’s like, I see guys on other teams, and they run to the end zone to celebrate, but it ain’t the same. Playing here is special, so I don’t know. But it is The Chief Award. In Washington it was like Nicest Guy To The Media. They couldn’t even find a good name for it. It was like, This Dude’s Pretty Cool When We Asked Him Questions. That was like the name of the award, so I don’t know.

Click link for rest of interview.

Just another dumb move by the Redskins.

People said that the reason we let Ryan Clark go was because we had Pearson Prioleau. What the hell kind of reasoning is that. Had we just kept Ryan Clark, we wouldn't have needed to make Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety at the time, or spend a draft pick on yet another position in the secondary.

In his 60 seconds interview, Sean Taylor said his favorite football player was Ryan Clark. That speaks volumes.

But, but, but, but Clark once missed a tackle on Ladanian Tomlinson in overtime! And Archuletta can do 12,000 situps! And he once had an awesome fumble return for a TD!

I swear we could get a family of chimps from the national zoo to make our draft picks and free agent targets and it would be an improvement.

Archived