Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES CollegeBowl Pick'em

WVUforREDSKINS

It is sickening listening to Brent Mussberger(sp) and Kirk Herbstreit slob over USC. They've already started pushing for a #1 AP vote. Unbelievable.
Is that really that crazy?

They certainly have the talent and coaching to probably play pretty well with Florida or Oklahoma.

I mean the rankings are what they are and everybody knows that discussion already, but if there was a playoff system I think USC could definitely make a run for it.

If PSU was dominating USC and they were saying the same thing about PSU, would it be just as sickening?
Of course not.

Especially though, for USC, who every year just manages to lose a dumb trap game for themselves to get knocked out of the top of the national title game picture.

Then they show up to the Rose Bowl and just demolish whoever was supposed to make it a close game with them. I don't think anyone can really argue that if there was a +1 system, USC wouldn't be extremely dangerous every year.

Kirk Herbstreit talking about Mays

"Is it legal to look that good in a uniform?"

I rest my case. Him and Brent have been saying ridiculous **** like this all night. USC plays in a terrible conference and so does Penn St. Regardless of the outcome of this game, neither deserves the MNC this year.

I rest my case. Him and Brent have been saying ridiculous **** like this all night. USC plays in a terrible conference and so does Penn St. Regardless of the outcome of this game, neither deserves the MNC this year.

Hahahaha, don't hate on Herbie for his man crush. I can't believe he said that on air though :doh:

Herbstreit always drools over himself when it comes to good players on top 5 teams. He's even more ridiculous when he talks about his man-love for Tim Tebow. So what does that have to do with anything?

What conference outside of the Big 12 is really that great this year?

USC plays in an average conference, so what? They're still one of the best teams in the country, each and every year. Their talent is off the charts and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the nation.

Bottom line is that USC, Oklahoma, and Florida are all one-loss teams. Two of them are playing for the National Title, and USC isn't because of the ranking system, but if there were a +1 system, USC would be right there as strong contenders for the title.

USC is talented, I'll give them that, but what do they lack? A conference championship game. Anything can happen in those and until the PAC-10 decides to put one in place, USC will more than likely remain left out, as they should. Nice loss to Oregon St, nice loss to Stanford..I could go on. They shoot themselves in the foot every year and then ***** and moan about it as they trounce whatever sorry 2nd best Big-10 plays them in the Rose. And then you have the media who try to crown them as national champs every year. It gets real old.

USC is talented, I'll give them that, but what do they lack? A conference championship game. Anything can happen in those and until the PAC-10 decides to put one in place, USC will more than likely remain left out, as they should. Nice loss to Oregon St, nice loss to Stanford..I could go on. They shoot themselves in the foot every year and then ***** and moan about it as they trounce whatever sorry 2nd best Big-10 plays them in the Rose. And then you have the media who try to crown them as national champs every year. It gets real old.
The media crowns them, they don't say anything about it. They just go out and play.

Nice loss Florida had this year against Ole Miss of all teams.

Same thing happened to USC when they lost to Stanford, only difference was Florida lost at the start of the year, and USC in their last game, so they couldn't recover.

And they don't have a conference championship, wow. That doesn't mean everything all the time. Oklahoma got into the conference championship because of their BCS rankings to break the tie this year. That sure sounds real fair to Texas who beat them doesn't it?

The Big Ten has both Ohio State and Penn State as conference champions this year. Neither of those teams are left out, and that conference certainly isn't left out every year.

Really? Stanford? hmmmmmmmmmmm.

USC lost to Oregon State .... the same team Penn State beat by 30. What is your point?

I think my point has been explained several times throughout this thread already.

USC is really damn good, and when people talk about how they should be in the National Title game, I don't see how anyone can argue that they shouldn't be other than their BCS ranking doesn't make the top 2.

I mean seriously. Is there any case that USC couldn't play against Florida or Oklahoma? Or Texas? Alabama?

Great defense, Sanchez at QB (who could actually be the best NFL prospect QB in the country, he certainly will be next year), and all of their 5 star talent on offense.

If there was a +1 system, USC would be in the picture every year, whether some people like it or not, because that's how good and balanced they are.

Archived