Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else see Sportsnite???

BoRnAndRaiSedSkinsFan

Somewhere the fortunes have to turn and these next three games and the following draft and year may be the defining moments.

I am sick of the same ol' Vinny blame games. You have to give the man a chance to make a change.

He has had several years choosing players, but only now does he have a fancy schmancy title. He's worthless and useless. Why do you think San Francisco canned him? Why do you think he was the first person Marty canned?

The real defining moments are what show you what this team is. Gibbs wasn't perfect, but he turned around a decaying organization. Now it's almost back to being Raiders East again.

From all the Redskins insiders and writers, the players do not hate Zorn and he is not going to be fired at this point. I swear the absolute craziness on this site. It's like a mutiny on a pirate ship. The whole team is frustrated and Portis expressed it. I didn't agree with how he did it but this is not an either Portis or Zorn is gone situation. Those being interviewed on Sportsnite said Zorn has not lost the team and they are looking at themselves. Portis has lost his cool in the past, his views in no way reflect those of the team. No one else in the locker room is grumbling about Zorn. Stop the speculation please.

If one thing happens, I want both to be back next year. Has anyone else noticed that Zorn has actually admitted and discussed the OLine being a problem???? When in the last decade, have you heard anyone other than Redskins fans discuss OLine issues. I think Zorn will finally make sure our line is addressed. Everyone chill out and let someone try and build a team. Let's chill out on the mutiny.

He most certainly did!!!!! Zorn admitted that on his presser. I think he has known for some time now. And I think it has everything to do with his playcalling. Sure, he wants the ball down the field, but Jason cant do that on his butt.:applause:

Vinny's track record speaks for itself. Give me one example that would make you say "Wow, that was a great move." Any move he has made has been a band-aid at best.

Why do you think San Fran no longer wanted him? Why do you Marty said sayonara? Several football executives form other teams have been quoted saying Vinny is a horrible personnel guy.

I'm not bashing your support for Vinny. We just disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

Drafting Horton, signing Hall. It goes both ways. Not all GM's get it right with players. Name one that does. Jerry Jones? He is shaking in his boots. He has to hire a body guard for Adam Jones? Give me a break.

Somewhere the fortunes have to turn and these next three games and the following draft and year may be the defining moments.

I am sick of the same ol' Vinny blame games. You have to give the man a chance to make a change.

Its getting old. After every loss, its Vinny and Synder. God****!!! Its sickening. This year was Vinnys first draft. Do we forget who was the director of player personnel, the last 5 years? JOE JACKSON GIBBS

It wasn't Vinny that traded away picks for Duckett. He was against that move and that is fact.

maybe CP knows the players on the team are pissed at him for not practicing acting like a prima donna and fumbling for a TD...CP is taking his hurt pride out and it's all his fault.

He could of handled it like a man and didn't.

Are you kidding me? That fumble was less Portis' fault for not protecting the ball and more Ed Reed for just making a good play. I believe it was Terrell Suggs that originally tackled him. Suggs (or whoever it was) hooked Portis' other arm away from his body while he was trying to break a tackle and then Reed came in and the ball just barely - BARELY - came out as CP was going down. Portis, like always, was trying to make a play (do you not remember him trucking through three or four defenders?). He'd only lost one fumble to that point, and considering how many times he's carried the ball this season, that's even more impressive than Jason Campbell's 7-game streak without a single interception.

Pride's not the only thing hurt on CP this year. Try his neck, his hamstring, his hip...he's been banged up all year, but he's been our only playmaker with a line that's not really blocking particularly great.

I think where Portis' pride was hurt is when Zorn used pass protection as his reason for not putting Portis in. If Zorn had said that Portis didn't look fresh out there in terms of running, that wouldn't have been hard to believe.

At what point has Betts ever been a better pass-blocking running back than Clinton Portis? Linebackers and even some DEs always have to wonder where Portis is because he's got such a mean streak when it comes to pass protection. As a result of that, they often try to bring blitzes away. The fact is, two guys came free on a lot of plays. Portis, as good as he is in PP, can only block one at once. It should be the offensive line's job to pick up blitzers - or down linemen, for that matter - and they didn't do it in Sunday night's game.

Portis is just the type of guy who tells it how it is, which I often feel is a lot of embellishment.

This statement is a bit of an oxymoron, but either way one can't always run around "Saying it like it is" and "Keepin it real", especially on the radio. If you really have to say how you feel, go sit in Zorn's office and tell him face to face in a constructive "What can we do to resolve this" manner. I mean hell, people hate other people who run around saying exactly whats on their mind, they are called ass holes.

portis wants to be the leader of this team, from the first season he has tried to be the leader. on the field he is everything you want in a leader plays all out and hard all fasist of the game.but everytime we get into a rough spot he opens his mouth when he should just keep it closed and keep it in house and starts that whinning and cutting on some one usually the coach. a leader doesn't run off at the mouth and adding to the stress of the moment but holds to a vision for the future an plays hard. portis has field points in spades but the off the field where the rubber meets the road he fails everytime.i for one am tired of it. a player never has the right to go to the press and run his mouth about things just because they are frustrated with the state of their team. he should have gone and talked to zorn. seems he talked to everyone but zorn.this team needs a leader and i thought portis was beginning to mature and take the position and then opened his mouth and removed himself from the position. fletcher must now stand up and take it. a leader doesn't fall to pieses just when you need him to be strong.here's to hoping that the two guys get together and talk to each other and portis takes his place behind the coach, not in front of him.

This statement is a bit of an oxymoron, but either way one can't always run around "Saying it like it is" and "Keepin it real", especially on the radio. If you really have to say how you feel, go sit in Zorn's office and tell him face to face in a constructive "What can we do to resolve this" manner. I mean hell, people hate other people who run around saying exactly whats on their mind, they are called ass holes.

And that's really the crux of the issue for all the people that want to side with CP against Zorn. I don’t think anybody begrudges CP for feeling wronged. But I defy anyone to tell me CP did the RIGHT thing for the football team trying to get in the playoffs with that tantrum. Whether Zorn deserved his scorn is irrelevant.

He has had several years choosing players, but only now does he have a fancy schmancy title. He's worthless and useless. Why do you think San Francisco canned him? Why do you think he was the first person Marty canned?

So who took over Vinnie's job when Marty canned him ???

The real defining moments are what show you what this team is. Gibbs wasn't perfect, but he turned around a decaying organization. Now it's almost back to being Raiders East again.

maybe CP knows the players on the team are pissed at him for not practicing acting like a prima donna and fumbling for a TD...CP is taking his hurt pride out and it's all his fault.

He could of handled it like a man and didn't.

Totally agree. I remember watching Randy Thomas on Redskin Nation a while back when things were going well and he commented on Portis' lack of practice. He said it in a joking manner but it struck me as odd.

I think every player is banged up, but Portis just doesn't like to practice. He needs to be held accountable.

Vinny has been around for how many years now??????? Even though he did not have the title he was still making those desicions.
Vinny's track record speaks for itself. Give me one example that would make you say "Wow, that was a great move." Any move he has made has been a band-aid at best.

Why do you think San Fran no longer wanted him? Why do you Marty said sayonara? Several football executives form other teams have been quoted saying Vinny is a horrible personnel guy.

I'm not bashing your support for Vinny. We just disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

We can go back to 2006 when we first began to have these discussions in regards the personnel decisions that were made... even during is tenure in San Fran.

He had input, but did not have the final say in matters.

Once again, do not let your faithfulness towards Gibbs blind you from the mistakes that he also made in the personnel decisions.

Drafting Horton, signing Hall. It goes both ways. Not all GM's get it right with players. Name one that does. Jerry Jones? He is shaking in his boots. He has to hire a body guard for Adam Jones? Give me a break.

Glad to see you are not using this loppsidedness view that these proclaiming knowledgists are.

Once again, do not let your faithfulness towards Gibbs blind you from the mistakes that he also made in the personnel decisions.

Vinny still had the bottom-line decision, regardless. What do you think he did all day? Searched Google for racquetball shoes for Danny?

From all the Redskins insiders and writers, the players do not hate Zorn and he is not going to be fired at this point. I swear the absolute craziness on this site. It's like a mutiny on a pirate ship. The whole team is frustrated and Portis expressed it. I didn't agree with how he did it but this is not an either Portis or Zorn is gone situation. Those being interviewed on Sportsnite said Zorn has not lost the team and they are looking at themselves. Portis has lost his cool in the past, his views in no way reflect those of the team. No one else in the locker room is grumbling about Zorn. Stop the speculation please.

icon1.gif..."Had we not been 14 points down for sure you would

QFT:"Had we not

been 14 points

down for sure you

would have seen

Clinton"

Zorn Presser 12-8

Why doesn't the media mention this part of the Zorn presser?

Zorn and Portis and us fans have to stop letting the local sports media

play us like puppets.

IMO:

Zorn tells the media too much

Portis listens to the media too much then overreacts

We (the fans) don't see through it, and overreact

Much Ado About Nothing...

:2cents:

:cheers:

Vinny still had the bottom-line decision, regardless. What do you think he did all day? Searched Google for racquetball shoes for Danny?

Look, I like Cyclops no more than you do and I personally do not have much like for Snyder as our owner.

But, do not let your disdain for specific person cloud your mind from what's really going on.

No!

MUTINY!!! WHO'S WITH ME! LETS GET THE PITCHFORKS AND RIOT!

People can join me at The University of Maryland - College Park campus in fifteen minutes. Please bring blankets, its quite cold.

I think the Fire Code over there at the campus prohibits open flames (ie torches), but I got this sweeet MagLite I could wave around all mean like.:laugh:

Archived