Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Bennett

Henry

I dunno Kilmer. If that were the case, why would he announce he's quitting? It appears he feels we was busted.

If he had simply said something like "this is my hobby, me business and I'm not hurting anybody and I'm not apologizing for it" I'd agree with you.

If gambling were immoral, I could see the point. But it's not.

I agree with alot of his writings and think he's an excellent spokesman. I also love to throw the dice. Nothing like hitting a 10 dollar midnight or drawing a pair of cowboys after splitting bullets.

It doesn't matter if gambling is immoral or not. It only matters if Bennett's base "thinks" gambling is immoral. This is why he has pledged to stop.

Many people think gambling is immoral. The fact that I think they are deluded and misinformed doesn't really change their perception.

That may be the case--there is clearly an agenda here.

That being said, he still had to make a change in order to maintain his image. For instance, my parents are both huge fans of Mr. Bennett and they both find gambling wolly reprehensible (I get a guilt trip every time I go to Vegas). While I think they are misguided, I think they are not alone in this belief, especially amongst Bennett fans.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

It's not his "base" that's trying to crucify him. It's the Liberal media and the leftist politicos.

Doesn't bother me in the least, bit of gambling never hurt anybody. Of course Bennett's in it to the tune of millions so its a little more than just a hobby, but that's his business. Exposes him as a hypocrite, of course - but then, we already suspected that ;) .

I get a chuckle every time somebody comes up with "I've done nothing wrong, and I'll never do it again". The wife piped up immediately to say Bill's high-rolling days are over, which makes me wonder how much Bill told the wifey about this side of his life.

Of course, one point that is often ignored is that morality is purely subjective, whether it's legal or not is entirely another issue. Many in this country consider both gambling and adultery immoral. The degree of morality may vary but hey, there is no mathematical equation to represent the degree.

Bill Bennett is the typical right wing hypocrite. He is ususally the first one to throw stones at others. He talks a good game about morality but he only talks.

We he's lost (and he knew the gamble) is all creditiblilty on issues of morality. Although he never had it with me anyway.

One more thing.... If the media was so Leftist, then why did Clinton's scandal take on such a life. Fox was not the only media outlet reporting on the Clinton Scandals. Lets face it. The media is after ANY and EVERY politician that may have done something wrong. Scandal's, particularly Sex Scandals sell stories.

If the Media was so leftist, why have ALL three major outlets been so quick to report WMD were found? You would think that CNN would not ever report anything like that based on some of the views here.

I have no problem saying that each of the three media outlets has a slant of some kind, but NOWHERE to the extreme that is claimed here.

If anything, our media is WAY conservative compared to the media in Europe and elsewhere. So maybe for once and for all..... Can't we just all get along?:D

Former Drug Czar under GHW Bush--Now talking head, ultra conservative, makes the lecture circuit, writes books, most famously "The Book of Virtues"--a series of stories intended to instruct one how to lead a viruous and moral life.

IMO, generally good guy, a little conservative for me, usually comes off a little pretnetious and arrogant.

Oddly enough, his brother Robert was President Clinton's lawyer during his impeachment.

In general, the great majority of those in the media and especially in Hollywood are liberal, often extremely so. I believe there is a general bias that manifests itself within stories--how things are characterized/portrayed. Outfits such as FoxNews and the Washington Times go the opposite way, leaning right.

Looking at the cover of the Post and the Times during the war was very telling--on day I saw this--same story--the Times had "Marines Fight off Violent Protestors in Baghdad"--the Post had "13 Iraqi Protestors Killed By US Troops".

Originally posted by GGB81

Looking at the cover of the Post and the Times during the war was very telling--on day I saw this--same story--the Times had "Marines Fight off Violent Protestors in Baghdad"--the Post had "13 Iraqi Protestors Killed By US Troops".

I agree and understand that slant...

But I don't believe that the media treats politicans differently when there is a scandal. IF that was the case, Clinton would have never been through what he did.

However, sometimes the Conservatives make take a beating a little harder on Moral issues because they are usually so outspoken about Morals and family values, thus when they do something hypocritical, it's fun to call them out.

Well the leftist media did all they could to supress the Clinton legal nightmares. They refused to report on his rape charges, his molestation charges and buried the Monica story for months until it became too big to hide.

Jack, Bennett did nothing wrong or immoral. This is a perfect example of the left demonizing someone for no reason other than political gain. How is he a hypocrite????

Archived