Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Wilbon - Trench Rot (Wilbon speaks truth)

Rypien1191

They were being singled out prior to TC coming in during the 1-5 run. Then they suddenly healed.

And what happened once the O line didn't play so well and Seattle got a bunch of pressure on TC? Yeah. A subpar QB performance. You may not like it...actually I'm sure you don't since it would intrude on your complete disdain for Campbell, but a QB simply isn't going to be able to do a whole lot when he has immediate pressure in his face on almost every throwing down. Does Campbell make some mistakes? Yep. But earlier in the season when he was at least getting a LITTLE time back there he was playing very well. Now its 2 seconds before he is surrounded by D linemen. But nevermind. I'm sure TC or Colt could come in now and use their anti-dlineman spray and put up 3 TDs and 350 yards per game. :rolleyes:

Wilbon is dead on with this article. The Skins are really about two drafts away from fielding a competitive team. They could have made an impact with the 10 picks they had this year, but didn't. Cerrato and Snyder for years have outright neglected the draft for years. The NFL is and has been about having depth and the Skins have none because they refuse to use draft for that purpose. Sure they can get as many guys as they want to the Pro Bowl, but they can't field a competitive team.

Wilbon is dead on with this article. The Skins are really about two drafts away from fielding a competitive team. They could have made an impact with the 10 picks they had this year, but didn't. Cerrato and Snyder for years have outright neglected the draft for years. The NFL is and has been about having depth and the Skins have none because they refuse to use draft for that purpose. Sure they can get as many guys as they want to the Pro Bowl, but they can't field a competitive team.

If, and this is a big "if", Rhinehart and Rob Jackson pan out, and for some odd reason I think that they will, we are not in as bad shape as we think we are.

We still need to make the trenches more of a priority in the top end of the draft though, and make on good FA move for each line.....

Best assesment on the state of our franchise. Not anything new, but all the smoke and mirrors just vanished!

Yup! I agree with you guys...has been going on for years..finally hit it's total breaking point. Yay us! it is hard being a fan sometimes but the love will carry us through the dark hours(years)

but Zorn quite clearly in the post-match after the Giants game, for instance, said he thought the O-line had done a good job? :whoknows:

I agree with the article regarding the O line but there is also enough in that article when you read beyond the offensive line issues to point at every position on the field for the offense and find a problem.

Archived