Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derek Anderson. Seriously I think we should get him.

Destino

Vet min! ;)

In all honesty I think we could target this guy and make a trade. He's no doubt unhappy. The browns like their golden boy and have a lot invested in him. I think if we offered a trade that gave them a backup (I won't say it) and a draft pick they'd cough him up.

I'm not saying the guy is great but he's a huge upgrade IMO and with a QB that can deliver the football I think our team is good enough to get deep into the playoffs.

Thoughts? (be gentle)

Why not just sign back Gus Fr'real?

Look, even if JC was done -- he's not -- Colt's probably worth a roll before wasting more time & cash not shoring up the O-line.

Well the reason is I think Derek Anderson is actually good. His team is plagued by dropped balls and really I think they were looking for an excuse to start the Brady. I think we can win with this guy. Gus is mediocre.

Destino,

At the risk of being suckered in here in case you're not actually joking ... you see D. Anderson as a west coast qb?

Well it started as a joke in the chat room but I figured I'd put it through the test of fire... game day stadium.

Yeah I think he could do well in the west coat. He has a long ball but he always got rid of the ball fast... the browns have no line to speak of.

this team has many needs

Right but solving the QB problem is more important than any other. Derek may not be great but anyone else know a place to find a great QB that can play next season? We missed the boat with Drew Brees which may be the best FA pick up in the history of the league. If you want a decent YOUNG QB in the offseason you need to find a team with two of them.

Matt Castle would be the only other one I can think of.

Right but solving the QB problem is more important than any other. Derek may not be great but anyone else know a place to find a great QB that can play next season? We missed the boat with Drew Brees which may be the best FA pick up in the history of the league. If you want a decent YOUNG QB in the offseason you need to find a team with two of them.

Matt Castle would be the only other one I can think of.

Your brain is too small to understand football. Turn off the computer open your mouth then pull the trigger. Thanks.

Well it started as a joke in the chat room but I figured I'd put it through the test of fire... game day stadium.

Yeah I think he could do well in the west coat. He has a long ball but he always got rid of the ball fast... the browns have no line to speak of.

Glad my Spidey-sense was working.

Since we're here though ... for what it's worth, I'm not about bringing in anyone else this offseason based on what I've seen so far. Too much invested in Jason to punt him yet unless Zorn is convinced he'll never be the guy even with a couple seasons in this system. My personal clock gives him until about midseason 2009. If he's still struggling by then ... it will be time.

And as much as I hate to even open the door right now ... if JC isn't the guy, I wanna see what the Colt kid can do before looking outiside for a guy who'd come here as presumptive starter. As a vet backup maybe, but not as the man. Can't imagine Anderson would be of that mind.

Matt Cassell might be a product of Josh McDaniel. That guy does wonders for the Pats offense.

Not to mention he's sat on that bench for a while and there is no telling what he does on a team that isn't championship material like the Pats.

And as much as I hate to even open the door right now ... if JC isn't the guy, I wanna see what the Colt kid can do before looking outiside for a guy who'd come here as presumptive starter. As a vet backup maybe, but not as the man. Can't imagine Anderson would be of that mind.
The good side is Colt does look like a west coast guy. Quick throws and sort of weak arm seems to be his game.

Archived