Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eye on the O Line

G-Prime

This is too keep track of the seconds it takes before JC feels pressure and when he throws the ball.. I'll be editting it as the game goes on. Having issues with internet will update as much as possible

First Drive

Pass after 3 seconds incomplete

Pass after 3 seconds Cooley First Down

Pressure after 3 seconds - Interception

Second Drive

CP Run

Pass after 4 seconds Incomplete

Pressure after 2 seconds - Incomplete

Third Drive

CP Run - Fumble

Fourth Drive

CP Run

CP Run

Pressure after 3.5 seconds - Complete to Devon Thomas

CP Run

Pass after 2 seconds - Complete

Sellers Run First Down

5yd penalty

Pressure after 4 seconds - Screen to Portis

Pressure after 3 seconds - Run By Campbell

Pressire after 2 Seconds - Sack

Fifth Drive

Pressure after 5 seconds - Incomplete

CP Run (1st Down)

CP Run

CP Run

(End of 1st)

Pass after 3 seconds - Incomplete

Sixth Drive

Pass after 4 sec - Complete to Randel El

Pass After 3 sec - Incomplete (Def Penalty, 5 yd penalty auto 1st)

Pass after 3 sec - Complete to Devon Thomas

Pass after 1 sec - Incomplete

Pass after 3 sec - Incomplete

(Good Job O-Line) that was some good protection on this possession.

Seventh Drive

Pass after 3 sec - Complete to Moss

Betts Run (1st Down)

Pass after 4 seconds - Incomplete (Moss so should of had that grrr!)

Betts Run

Pressure after 3 seconds - Complete to Sellers

Eighth Drive

Pressure after 2 seconds - Complete to Randel El

CP Run

False Start

False Start

Holding Offense (Hey it's Stephen heyer!)

Pass after 1 sec - Complete to Moss (First Down)

Pass after 4 sec - Complete to Portis

CP Run

(Five.. Five Dollar...Five Dollar Foot long!)

Pass after 2 sec - Incomplete

Sellers Run (Damn he's doing a good job)

Half Time (Gotta go out might miss the start of the next half)

Ok missed some of the second half.. getting back at 7:29 into the 3rd

For anyone curious.. Flacco juist got 6 seconds without pressure on a play.

Gah woman giving me crap I gotta go spend time with her.. Sorry guys but there's the full first half..

Two things --- Samuels is getting embarrassed, and Campbell isn't adjusting. He hasn't stepped up in the pocket in weeks, and at this point seems oblivious to the backside rush.

Well It's pretty sad he has someone in his face 2 seconds into the play. Our line is flat out horrible.

Two things --- Samuels is getting embarrassed, and Campbell isn't adjusting. He hasn't stepped up in the pocket in weeks, and at this point seems oblivious to the backside rush.

You would have to adjust every play call to assuming you are getting pressured. that means a deeper drop. if he stepped up on half of those plays he'd be in the middle of the lines.

Either the O-Line needs to pick it up, or we need a different scheme. JC is getting blindsided bad.

You would have to adjust every play call to assuming you are getting pressured. that means a deeper drop. if he stepped up on half of those plays he'd be in the middle of the lines.

Disagree. QB's aren't supposed to freeze in place seven steps deep. If pressure's coming he has to step up, one step, into the pocket. On both of those first two blindside hits he had plenty of room to step up, he just didn't.

Early in the season he was. Now he's not. Its' just one more fundamental breakdown contributing to the embarrassing offense we're turning out these days.

Disagree. QB's aren't supposed to freeze in place seven steps deep. If pressure's coming he has to step up, one step, into the pocket. On both of those first two blindside hits he had plenty of room to step up, he just didn't.

Early in the season he was. Now he's not. Its' just one more fundamental breakdown contributing to the embarrassing offense we're turning out these days.

Well put OM... he isnt stepping up at all

This is one of the reasons Jason doesn't have a lot of time. He seems unable buy any.

Om, there you go pointing to the QB to adjust. You can't expect that. Even though we saw Brunell unable to adjust and step up and playing poorly.

Jason simply is never responsible!!!

Blame Jansen, Samuels...Thomas..Jerhi Curls...Honey Buns...Anything but JC!

Om, there you go pointing to the QB to adjust. You can't expect that. Even though we saw Brunell unable to adjust and step up and playing poorly.

Jason simply is never responsible!!!

Blame Jansen, Samuels...Thomas..Jerhi Curls...Honey Buns...Anything but JC!

I've never said none of this was JC's fault because some of it is.. But honestly most of it isn't. multiple plays with 2 seconds before pressure.. Cmon..

One of the things I loved about JC and still hope to be able to love down the road was how decisive he was in moving in the pocket. The last few weeks though it looks to me like he's simply freezing. Like his head is so full of what he's supposed to do he can't make his feet do what they need to. Hard to watch.

Way I figure, he's got one more offseason, and probably until about midseason 2009, to show he's got what it takes to run an offense at this level.

One of the things I loved about JC and still hope to be able to love down the road was how decisive he was in moving in the pocket. The last few weeks though it looks to me like he's simply freezing. Like his head is so full of what he's supposed to do he can't make his feet do what they need to. Hard to watch.

Way I figure, he's got one more offseason, and probably until about midseason 2009, to show he's got what it takes to run an offense at this level.

That's something I hadn't noticed before but watching the game tonight the way I have I do agree with you. Looking at the numbers however it's obvious to me that Zorn is calling plays trying to compensate for the poor play of the O-line.. Most everything has been a 1 or 3 step drop and in situations like that there isn't much stepping involved.. It's boom boom boom pass. For the most part JC's been doing that. It's when the protection down field is good and he has to hold it longer than that that he's either not stepping up as you suggest or has someone pressuring him almost immediately.. It's a little of both..

There are definately somethigns he could've done, but a lot of this is moot if our O-Line was better.

Archived