Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Playoff Scenario Generator

royallypwned

lol.gif Good luck, GB is gonna need it. ;)

we have a pretty easy 4 game schedule to end the season. I honestly would not be surprised to see them win out (wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, either ::(). Even if they don't win out and they tie with Chicago and/or Minnesota, I'm pretty sure they've got the tie-breaker against 'em both.

There's a scenario out there that keeps Dallas out of the playoffs even if they win the rest of their games. If Tampa Bay beats Carolina this week, Carolina would have to win the rest of their games afterwards. Atlanta would have to win out, and Tampa Bay would have to win every game except against Atlanta. Of course that involve the Giants losing 3 out of 4, and winning the last game against Minnesota.

If the Redskins can't make it, I want to keep DALLAS OUT!

There's a scenario out there that keeps Dallas out of the playoffs even if they win the rest of their games. If Tampa Bay beats Carolina this week, Carolina would have to win the rest of their games afterwards. Atlanta would have to win out, and Tampa Bay would have to win every game except against Atlanta. Of course that involve the Giants losing 3 out of 4, and winning the last game against Minnesota.

If the Redskins can't make it, I want to keep DALLAS OUT!

yep, I've been trying to convince other Cowboy fans this, who most seem to believe we control our own destiny. There is only a teeny TINY chance the Cowboys miss the playoffs at 12-4. The Falcons have to win out, like you said, and the top three in the South must finish at 12-4. The Bucs would win the division, and the Falcons would get the first WC spot. The Cowboys and Panthers would battle it out for the #6 spot, which would go all the way to the strength of victory tiebreaker. Dallas would hold a nice advantage there with its four wins to end the season, but it wouldn't be sealed yet. It'd depend on how the other teams they beat did in their last four games, as well as how the teams the Panthers beat do in THEIR final four games. Basically, there's about a 0.1% chance Dallas misses out at 12-4. But that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Hmm... so for the Redskins to have a realistic shot to make the playoffs, they need to win 3 out of the last 4, with 2 of those wins coming over NFC opponents (PHI & SF).

They also need Dallas to lose 2 more games, one to an NFC opponent (PIT and NYG are two possiblities) and either TB/CAR to lose 3 of it's remaining 4 or the Falcons to lose 2 of it's remaining 4. Carolina has the best chance of dropping 3 of their last 4 though, with games against the Bucs, Giants, Denver, and New Orleans left.

Hmm... so for the Redskins to have a realistic shot to make the playoffs, they need to win 3 out of the last 4, with 2 of those wins coming over NFC opponents (PHI & SF).

They also need Dallas to lose 2 more games, one to an NFC opponent (PIT and NYG are two possiblities) and either TB/CAR to lose 3 of it's remaining 4 or the Falcons to lose 2 of it's remaining 4. Carolina has the best chance of dropping 3 of their last 4 though, with games against the Bucs, Giants, Denver, and New Orleans left.

you mean Philly. ;)

This is pretty cool. You make your own playoff scenarios based on how you predict the rest of the games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario;_ylt=Ap0xYLeV0Um0.s2OSzzq29xDubYF

^ and no, that's not my pick. It's just the default, where the home team wins every game. Make your own and link it here if you want. It's kinda addicting. lol

Nice find. I did not realize how tight this years playoff conteneders are. ne thing is for sure. The Redsksin NEED to win out to make it. Even with that, they may need a little help from some other teams. Same thing goes for Dallas.

Man! there are alot of teams above .500 this year. Should be interesting and nail biting to watch. Thats for sure.

Nice find. I did not realize how tight this years playoff conteneders are. ne thing is for sure. The Redsksin NEED to win out to make it. Even with that, they may need a little help from some other teams. Same thing goes for Dallas.

Man! there are alot of teams above .500 this year. Should be interesting and nail biting to watch. Thats for sure.

yeah, the Lions are taking all the losses. :rotflmao:

i dont think we NEED to win out my scenario has us losing to the ravens and still making it

quick question, in the nfl for the divisional round they realign the brackets so that the best team plays the worst right?

so say the 6 seeds win they would automatically play the first place team while if the third place team won they would be playing the 2nd place team

thats how it goes right?

quick question, in the nfl for the divisional round they realign the brackets so that the best team plays the worst right?

so say the 6 seeds win they would automatically play the first place team while if the third place team won they would be playing the 2nd place team

thats how it goes right?

:yes:

For now, this will be the likely playoff seedings when all is said and done...

NFC

1. Giants

2. Tampa

3. Chicago

4. Arizona

5. Carolina

6. Atlanta

AFC

1. Pittsburgh

2. Tennessee

3. Jets

4. Denver

5. Indy

6. Baltimore

What an NFL world when Dallas, Philly and Washington are all shut out of the playoffs in the same season.

A shame we all have to beat each other up all season while the NFC West and North dabble in mediocrity all season and have teams that must make the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=41450544&15=05010455&16=01405551&17=15114404

I like this one, has the Giants losing out and the Cowboys winning out, and the Giants missing the playoffs :D

NFC

1. Tampa Bay

2. Dallas

3. Arizona

4. Minnesota

5. Carolina

6. Atlanta

AFC

1. Tennessee

2. NYJ

3. Pittsburgh

4. Denver