Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If We Only Had A D-Line

Smurf85

Now I know this isn't the main reason why we are losing. We have bigger problems on offense. With that being said this has been a problem for a long long time now. J.Taylor hasn't fixed the problem and only young draft picks will fix the problem.Our defense would be flat out scary with a good D-line.

TOTAL SACKS

Rnk.............Team....................TOTAL SACKS

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 42

2. Dallas Cowboys 40

3. Philadelphia Eagles 39

4. New York Giants 36

5. New York Jets 35

6. Tennessee Titans 34

7. Minnesota Vikings 33

8. Miami Dolphins 28

9. Baltimore Ravens 26

10. Seattle Seahawks 26

11. Oakland Raiders 25

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 25

13. Arizona Cardinals 25

14. New Orleans Saints 24

15. Carolina Panthers 24

16. Atlanta Falcons 24

17. Chicago Bears 24

18. Detroit Lions 23

19. New England Patriots 23

20. San Diego Chargers 23

21. Jacksonville Jaguars 22

22. Denver Broncos 22

23. San Francisco 49ers 22

24. St. Louis Rams 21

25. Buffalo Bills 21

26. Green Bay Packers 20

27. Indianapolis Colts 19

28. Washington Redskins 19

29. Houston Texans 17

30. Cleveland Browns 15

31. Cincinnati Bengals 13

32. Kansas City Chiefs 6

PASS ATTEMPTS PER SACK

Rnk.............Team.......................Pass Att/Sack

1. Dallas Cowboys 9.85

2. Pittsburgh Steelers 10.04

3. Philadelphia Eagles 10.13

4. New York Giants 11.05

5. Minnesota Vikings 12.18

6. Tennessee Titans 12.23

7. New York Jets 12.51

8. Detroit Lions 13.69

9. Oakland Raiders 14.0

10. Miami Dolphins 14.10

11. Jacksonville Jaguars 14.31

12. Baltimore Ravens 14.65

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15.2

14. Arizona Cardinals 15.24

15. New England Patriots 15.47

16. St. Louis Rams 15.76

17. Seattle Seahawks 16.15

18. New Orleans Saints 16.91

19. Carolina Panthers 17.08

20. Atlanta Falcons 17.16

21. Denver Broncos 17.81

22. Buffalo Bills 18.09

23. Houston Texans 18.29

24. Green Bay Packers 18.7

25. Indianapolis Colts 18.78

26. Chicago Bears 19.41

27. San Francisco 49ers 19.45

28. San Diego Chargers 20.08

29. Washington Redskins 20.26

30. Cleveland Browns 23.26

31. Cincinnati Bengals 29.84

32. Kansas City Chiefs 61.66

I'll tell you one thing it would make it a hell of a lot easier for our secondary.

Look what it did for Eli, he had a month and a day to throw. Makes the perfect pass a little easier. Our corners are good enough to play with anyone....that is if we had a pass rush.

The Skins D is 6th in points allowed and 6th in total yards. On the other hand the offense is ranked 28th in points scored. Clearly the Skins need more D.

Missing the point. We all know our offense sucks, but this is about more sacks. Are you happy with 19 sacks?

The Skins D is 6th in points allowed and 6th in total yards. On the other hand the offense is ranked 28th in points scored. Clearly the Skins need more D.
Now I know this isn't the main reason why we are losing. We have bigger problems on offense. With that being said this has been a problem for a long long time now. J.Taylor hasn't fixed the problem and only young draft picks will fix the problem.Our defense would be flat out scary with a good D-line.

Someone needs to learn how to read.

See, this is the argument that I just don't like. Yes, the 'Skins defense is preventing points. Which is a damn good start :)

But here's what they're not doing: Getting off the field. I KNOW they allowed a 98 yard drive on Sunday, they consistently face 3rd and longs and keep giving up yardage. The defense does not get a pass, at least not this week.

The NEED a pass rush, because they are hanging their DBs out to dry on every pass play. Eli had all day, and picked them apart.

They are also not getting turnovers to give the offense a short field to work with. You'll probably notice that the teams that score the most points also have high turnover margins. It goes hand in hand: get a short field, score more points. We NEVER get a short field. All of the turnovers we get are deep in our own end. It's good because it prevents a score, but the offense still has to go 80 yards to score.

Missing the point. We all know our offense sucks, but this is about more sacks. Are you happy with 19 sacks?
No but I'm happy with giving up 18.5 points a game 12 games into the season. Blache doesn't seem to care about sack production. He said many times it's about the defense overall not sack totals. Kinda weird considering he used to be a D-line coach.

with an awesome pass rush, the secondary would be even better, and this defense could carry the skins. defense wins championships PERIOD, there isnt a better example than last years super bowl, a record setting offense losing because of d-line pressure. even the greatest show on turf BARELY won the superbowl.

Obviously it would be nice to have a monster DE like Justin Tuck or Jared Allen but doesn't seem to Blaches' philosophy. I think he likes creating pressure from blitzes since he feels he has the secondary to do so.:(

its not his philosophy because he doesnt have the players on the dline! he works with what he has, do you really think he wouldnt like a justin tuck on his line? he would love it, would make his job so much easier

Obviously it would be nice to have a monster DE like Justin Tuck or Jared Allen but doesn't seem to Blaches' philosophy. I think he likes creating pressure from blitzes since he feels he has the secondary to do so.:(

So they went out and signed a standup 3-4 LB that was drafted to be a pass rusher and traded a 2nd round pick for a DE known for sacks, but they don't want to get any pressure out of their DL?

its not his philosophy because he doesnt have the players on the dline! he works with what he has, do you really think he wouldnt like a justin tuck on his line? he would love it, would make his job so much easier

Of course he would. That's why I said it's obvious.The thing is why didn't he speak up in the off season about upgrading the D-Line? Because he was satisfied with them to work in his scheme. Which is to stop the run then disrupt the pass. Didn't J.Taylor make a comment about how he is unaccustomed to playing the run first?

I get the point everyone wants more sacks. But the Skins are ranked 7th against the pass and the run. It just seems like the wrong area to be focusing on.:twitch:

Archived