Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fletcher, Carter have sprains (MRI Results)

Rypien1191

Not sure what it means in terms of Sunday.... from JLC. This is all.

Fletcher, Carter MRIs Reveal Sprains

From Jason La Canfora:

The Redskins have just released the official word on MRI results for London Fletcher and Andre Carter.

Fletcher has a contusion/sprain of his lower foot. Carter has a sprain of the plantar fascia.

What is a sprain of the lower foot?

I know for Carter, the sprain is a slight tear of the plantar fascia. Just not sure what Fletcher's injury really is.

For some reason, I feel like if Carter is out, its fine because Jason Taylor would rather play RE and keep Evans in at LE anyways.

Its that time of year where backups need to step up.

Opportunity knocks, and they've watch someone in front of them do it for half a year. I hope they come out inspired and fired up...because thats desperately needed this week.

:gaintsuck

Hopefully Fletcher can play through. The D is in big trouble without him.

Maybe Carter can sit a week or two and we can move JT back to his natural position. Then we will see if he is really finished.

This season may be coming to the tiebreakers. With a 6-3 NFC record and the Boys and Falcons behind us at 5-4, 5-3, respectively, this Giants game and the remaining NFC games against Philthy and SF are huge. Regardless of what happens over the next 2 games, we need everyone healthy for the last 3. Even if we drop the next 2, if we finish 3-0, we are looking at 10-6 with a 8-4 NFC record. That should get us in the mix.

Carter's injury is a blessing in disguise. He's been horrible this season. JT can go back to RE and we'll see more of Evans and Wilson. You'll see the added pressure and Evans is good against the run. The last two games I noticed teams exploiting our ends by running right at them. Jacobs is a load. We'll need Evans.

Fletch is an absolute must. He is a Probowl player that runs this defense.

Archived