Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Has anyone tried the DFH 75 Minute IPA? It's a combo of the 60 and 90 put into firkins.

It's funny that you mention that. Last night I had dinner at the DFH Alehouse and started out with a 60 Minute, then switched up to the 75 minute. I liked it a lot. It had the smoothness and taste of the 60 minute, but slightly bolder, but not overbearing. I'm a big fan for sure.

Had a tasting with some freinds tonight, the most interesting by far was the Monk's Café Flemish Sour Red Ale, wow, talk about different. Has anyone tried a flemish ale?

Ive had it at Monks and it is very different, a good to style Belgian Sour Ale. They use a strain of yeast called Brettanomyces that produces that sour flavor during fermentation. I enjoy it the style I just cant have too much of it as the taste is a bit too much after a few of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smashed a couple Yuenglings and the last Raison D'Etre over the weekend. Tell ya what, I like that Yuengling lager. American lagers get a bad rap. I like corn and grains, so what? It's what defensive ends are made of. Pure American badassery.

I want to start exploring Lagunitas beers, seems like they're high level across the board. Got me a bomber of the Old Gnarly Wine for tonight:

Lagunitas Old Gnarly Wine

Style: Barley Wine

Alcohol content: 10.6% ABV

IBU: 69.39

Limited Seasonal Release: Spring

gnarlywine.jpg

Appearance: Caramel with a rosewood hue, dark colors, yet somehow "bright" in the glass. Fluffy bronze head gives this beer a very serious look. A lot of lacing, but dissipates quickly, leaving almost no lasting trace.

Aroma: Pungent aroma of flowers, sweet citrus and tropical fruits. Caramel backbone is strong on this, and it's not overdone. Could sit here and smell this brew forever, awesomely balanced.

Flavor: Overwhelmed by the flavor. Again, incredibly balanced. Progression from malt to hops is insane. Tons of caramel malt hit right away, with a superb IPA-'esque citrus and flowery bitterness gaining intensity as the milliseconds roll by. Complete "180" through the tasting. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

Body/Finish: Big body, oily. Carbonation is high, alcohol warmth is high. Finish is a lot of alcohol warmth with bitter hops and slight caramel.

Summary/Grade: This is a very high quality beer with a modest price tag.

A (96)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

had a Hop Henge IPA last weekend. it was so good. the color, smell, taste, high alc content. man it was just awesome all around.

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brews/bond-street-series/hop-henge/default.aspx

I love their stuff it is way hard to find here on the East coast but whenever I visit my brother (in Portland, Ore) I drink my weight in Black Butte Porter. That is by far and away my favorite porter.

I love their stuff it is way hard to find here on the East coast but whenever I visit my brother (in Portland, Ore) I drink my weight in Black Butte Porter. That is by far and away my favorite porter.

i had that one recently and it was good; i dont know much about porters though.

Mmmmm Aprihop.

The Aprihop was really good, I sipped it watching Bellator last night. Tonight is Nugget Nectar night and damn man, this beer is just amazing. If you love the 90 Minute IPA (which I do), you'll sub paul harris for this beer. She's a tasty number.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Yeah I had one of those the other night and though it was pretty good.

Do you know of any good liquor stores around the area that have a wide selection? I'm used to living in Towson where I had Wells Liquor Store right next to me, they had a HUGE selection.

Do you know of any good liquor stores around the area that have a wide selection? I'm used to living in Towson where I had Wells Liquor Store right next to me, they had a HUGE selection.

Next time you're in VA, hit Total Wine and stock up. They have the best selection in the area and you can make mixed 6 packs which is golden because you can try lots of new stuff without having to commit to a full 6-pack.

Next time you're in VA, hit Total Wine and stock up. They have the best selection in the area and you can make mixed 6 packs which is golden because you can try lots of new stuff without having to commit to a full 6-pack.

Where in VA is it? I'll actually be in VA on Saturday