Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Complete List of Teams That Score Less Than the Redskins

Zen-like Todd

amazing what defense can do in a team sport, right?

redskins have 6 wins, what do those teams have?

Which makes it all the more fascinating when people spend an inordinate amount of time bashing our defense for a lack of pass rush. It's far from a perfect unit, but it gets the job done year in and year out.

Which makes it all the more fascinating when people spend an inordinate amount of time bashing our defense for a lack of pass rush. It's far from a perfect unit, but it gets the job done year in and year out.

False. We do not get enough pass rush. Sorry but inefficiency on the offensive line doesn't excuse inefficiency on the d-line.

Jason Campbell is going to be a good QB, that is a fact. But it seems like Zorn doesnt trust him to throw the ball 15-20 yards down field. He is just throwing the quick slants, underneath crossing routes & comeback routes, which he does very well.

But for teams to be scared of Campbell, Zorn has to be able to let him throw the ball down field and make some plays.

You won't win the SB with a bus driver as QB.

False. We do not get enough pass rush. Sorry but inefficiency on the offensive line doesn't excuse inefficiency on the d-line.

I reject your "false" claim. Sorry. We are a top run-stopping unit, even given last night's performance. We are top five in yards allowed, top ten in points allowed. Most teams in the league would KILL to have our defense, and would gladly sacrifice some empty sack numbers to achieve our efficiency on defense. Get back to me when the offense gets within SHOUTING distance of those rankings.

Don't disagree, but if your aspiration is to advance in the playoffs this point doesn't matter.

True. We have the team to make it to the playoffs, but to be a team who you just know is going to win in the playoffs, that IMO, is the only thing we need.

I think our ST are good enough and our D can play at a championship level.

We just need 20+ points a game and less 3 and outs for our defense.

Defense is top notch and so is special teams.

The difference between us and them is we are 2/3rds there. They aren't close.

The defense is pretty good...top notch hell no. Did we even touch Romo sits to pee? What happened to our ability to stop the run? With that said the offense is still what cost us the last two games, and suisham's lame kick didn't help.

I reject your "false" claim. Sorry. We are a top run-stopping unit, even given last night's performance. We are top five in yards allowed, top ten in points allowed. Most teams in the league would KILL to have our defense, and would gladly sacrifice some empty sack numbers to achieve our efficiency on defense. Get back to me when the offense gets within SHOUTING distance of those rankings.

I was talking about pass rush. I wouldn't trade our run defense for anything. Does that mean our pass rush has to suffer? Don't good defenses do well against both the run and the pass? Like I said, poor o-line play doesn't excuse poor d-line play. This game is won in the trenches and we are losing that battle on both sides of the ball.

I was talking about pass rush. I wouldn't trade our run defense for anything. Does that mean our pass rush has to suffer? Don't good defenses do well against both the run and the pass? Like I said, poor o-line play doesn't excuse poor d-line play. This game is won in the trenches and we are losing that battle on both sides of the ball.

Ah, I think you misread the post you quoted. I was referring to the ability of the entire defense, despite the fact that we don't have anything resembling a top flight pass rush.

Here's a list of offensive touchdowns the skins have scored in the last 26 quarters (going back to the 2nd half of the first Dallas game):

Dallas - 1

Pitt - 0

Detriot - 1

Cleveland - 2

Rams - 2 (really just 1, as the other was a result of a turnover at the rams 2 yard line)

Philly - 1

Dallas - 0 in 2nd half

So in the last 6 1/2 games, 26 quarters, the redskins have scored six (6) offensive touchdowns...or less than one a game.

Not sure how that compares to other teams or the list of teams in the OP, but i don't have to look it up to figure it's gotta be pretty god awful.

But what the OP forgot is that our points total of last year after 10 games is about the same as it is now.

And we did make the playoffs last year.

Or put in other terms, we have to increase our output to match last year's offensive output, and go on a run in the last month just to make the playoffs?

And perhaps Joe Gibbs wasn't so old and decrepit and conservative after all? Maybe perhaps he was getting what he could out of the roster? Keep in mind, our offense was missing the entire right side of the line last year.

Archived