Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Giant Kareem McKenzie arrested: DUI

Big Blue Joe

:doh:

An offensive lineman for the New York Giants was arrested for driving under the influence Thursday night in Little Falls Township, police said.

About 9:30 p.m., police pulled over Kareem McKenzie, 29, of North Caldwell, after he cut through a Coastal Gas Station on Route 23 and Main Street, according to Lt. Salvatore Calafiore of the Little Falls police. Believing McKenzie to be impaired, the officer administered a Breathalyzer test and found he was above the legal limit of .08.

Link.

Figure on about 70 to 80 hours a week for about 3 weeks to set up, then a week to tear down and its not as much fun as it sounds.
Okay I can take a hint. You're just trying to scare me off so you can take someone better looking.:laugh:

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the game.

Just in case you can't watch it I'll ruin it for you..................Redskins win by 7. :D

Okay I can take a hint. You're just trying to scare me off so you can take someone better looking.:laugh:

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the game.

Just in case you can't watch it I'll ruin it for you..................Redskins win by 7. :D

I'll see the game, but if things work out as normal I won't be able to take a camera into the Stadium area. Not sure why that is but it's one of their silly rules they came up with a couple of years ago. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures of the setup for the game. I have been thinking about doing a thread about the setup and what goes on getting ready for the Superbowl. Its quite amazing how much work is involved in the setup. The last superbowl in Tampa there was a tent city built, with about 50 huge tents, big displays, sand sculptures, beach scenes etc.

couple of pictures from previous Super Bowls

superbowl8.jpg

superbowl3.jpg

superbowl1.jpg

superbowl9.jpg

sbqualcom.jpg

The hospitality tent area is very similar to what is done by corporate sponsors for other large sporting events. I have gone to a number of NASCAR races at NH, Dover and Pocono that look just like that. Boy some of those tents had great food and gifts. Plus everyone got to meet and great the driver associated with their sponsorship. The drivers and owners would do a speach followed by an autograph sessioin.

Meeting Joe Gibbs was my favorite.

The hospitality tent area is very similar to what is done by corporate sponsors for other large sporting events. I have gone to a number of NASCAR races at NH, Dover and Pocono that look just like that. Boy some of those tents had great food and gifts. Plus everyone got to meet and great the driver associated with their sponsorship. The drivers and owners would do a speach followed by an autograph sessioin.

Meeting Joe Gibbs was my favorite.

Thats mostly because their is only a couple of companies that do this type of thing. NLE does the Superbowl and I'm pretty sure they also do some of the NASCAR corporate areas also. I worked the Indy 500 one year and it was pretty much the same setup. The thing that impresses me most is the power generation for these areas. Some mighty big mobile generators run these events. I have never worked NASCAR but I'm sure its pretty much the same.

The orange bowl and the Senior bowl although much smaller put on a very good feed. :) Probably the best food of any of them.

The Kentucky Derby is probably the largest, followed by the super bowl.

The thing that impresses me most is the power generation for these areas. Some mighty big mobile generators run these events.
Yes I'm quite familiar with this aspect of the events. The hospitality tents I enjoyed were usually from sponsors such as Caterpiller and Seimans, both of whom are manufacturers of the components involved in the mobile generation.

Yes I'm quite familiar with this aspect of the events. The hospitality tents I enjoyed were usually from sponsors such as Caterpiller and Seimans, both of whom are manufacturers of the components involved in the mobile generation.

Interesting, back when I got out of the Military, I interviewed with a company in Ohio that made mobile power generators, but at the time they were looking for glorified draftsmen rather than Engineering personnel so I went with IBM instead. Power generation and some of the very large Diesel powered ones still interest me even today.

Archived