Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tactics: Make Your Predictions for Sunday Night

Oldfan

Put your predictions to the test. How will Sunday night's contest differ in tactics from the first Redskins-Cowboys game?

Prediction #1 -- Jason Taylor, who wasn't a factor in the first game, will be assigned to keep Romo sits to pee from rolling right. The Boys will counter by running draws to his side.

Prediction #2 -- Betts doesn't protect as well as Portis but is a better receiver. So, Z will use him that way. Watch for this in the Red Zone.

Prediction #3 -- We will have a 60/40 pass-to-run ratio in this game. Fred Davis will be targeted three or four times. Watch for this in the Red Zone also.

Prediction #4 -- The Cowboys will not try to go deep as often as they did in the first game. They will aim at better ball control. We will do the same. Look for a low-scoring game.

What tactical differences do YOU expect?

1. I predict that Jason Taylor will have a big game. This will be the first time in the season that he is healthy. He will have a couple of sacks.

2. I predict that Portis will not play but those that are filling in for Portis will be better than we expected.

3. I predict that Dallass will try to run Marion Barber alot in the beginning because they will want to make up for abandoning the run last time..

4. I predict that they will try and attack our secondary.

5. I predict that there will be at least one big play from our Special Teams. I think Deangelo Hall will make the difference here.

#1 Malcolm Kelly will be unexpectedly activated when Devin Thomas is too sick to play, and will score a big red zone TD for us

#2 Our pass-rush comes to fruition, Jason Taylor wreaks havoc freeing up Andre Carter to wreak havoc...Romo sits to pee gets sacked 4 times.

#3 Marion Barber will have an uncharacteristically big game against us

#4 Shaun Suisham kicks the game winner in OT

1.) "Predator" will be named Defensive Player of the Week due to the shut-down one-on-one coverage and early innacuracy by Romo sits to pee;

2.) Cooley gets 6 passes in the 1st half (only 50 yards);

3.) Cooley double team in second half opens Davis in the newly revealed 2-TE package for 2 big 1st downs and a touchdown;

4.) Shawn Alexander rambles for 80 yards / Betts 5 catches for 75 yards;

5.) Romo sits to pee will not finish the game;

6.) Dallas running game is stuffed again (-1 last Fedex game; 55 yards last TX Stadium game) for fewer than 75 yards;

7.) Big receiving yards for Dallas (300+ yards), but little damage (3 field goals).

1. Greg Blache comes out with three men deep - Horton, Landry, and another DB (Springs if healthy enough to play, since there has been talk of putting Springs at Safety) and dials up a healthy dose of #30 straight down Romo sits to pee's throat. The offensive line of the Cowboys, who will be concentrating on blocking Carter and Taylor on the outside (one of whom will likely draw a double team) and Griff and Golston, who combine for about 610 pounds and have totaled 3 sacks for the year from the middle, leaving Landry free to hit his full ~4.35 gallop and hammer Romo sits to pee, thereby making him a head case for the rest of the game.

2. Betts or (Shaun, not Lorenzo) Alexander surprises everyone and breaks off a 15-20+ yard run.

3. One of our young, 3rd-string DEs (Chris Wilson, Rob Jackson) will rotate in and get a surprise sack.

4. The offensive coordinator of the Cowboys will get ****y and call a deep post route. Terrell Owens, meet LaRon Landry.

5. London Fletcher will MAUL Marion Barber so thoroughly that the latter fumbles the football.

6. T.O. will whine about Carlos Rogers' coverage (I vividly remember 'Los simultaneously defending a pass and driving T.O. face-first into the ground during the last game) in an attempt to draw a flag.

7. T.O. will get the ball on a reverse. London Fletcher will promptly blow him up.

I do think that Blache may blitz Landry more, and I expect Romo sits to pee to be sacked a number of times and his finger to be aching. The defense in general will show up big and get a few turnovers, and maybe a pick 6 for Rodgers.

Skins will be able to move the ball, I expect some Zorn adjustments in the bye week will end up being good moves. Also better red zone and third down conversion, so the skins will score 3 TD's or more. I think that MK or FD may get a score this week. Also Betts to be used out of backfield in passing situations. Cooley will also be a big factor Sunday.

Campbell ends up with good not spectacular game, and skins D holds for 27-17 victory.

- Campbell has a a solid, but not amazing game.

- Alexander and Betts combine for less than 100 yards.

- Romo sits to pee will throw two picks (Landry will get one of them).

- Redskins will have an amazing day on defense.

- Barber will be ran a lot during the first half. In the second half, Barber will see few carries.

- T.O. will again be a non-factor.

Archived