Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who else is crazy excited to see our returning starters?

TSO

Man... I know the loss to the Steelers put a big fat :pooh: on things around here, but honestly, I don't know why there isn't a much higher level of excitement for whats to come.

We got Jason Taylor returning to the starting line up and for the first time all season (other than the Cards game), he may actually be totally healed up.

We got Shawn Springs coming back healthy and ready to go. I know so many of us are down on him for missing games like this too often, but Carlos has even more confidence now than ever, and I don't think any of us think Shawn Springs is anything less than a stellar CB. We'll have two no. 1 CBs starting with him back in the line up.

We got key (and by 'key' I mean monster) contributors like Cornelius, Portis, Samuels and Moss finally getting some rest that can calm down some nagging injuries. We know about Cornelius and Moss, but Portis was NOT Portis against the Steelers and the same goes for Samuels. They just weren't.

Finally, we're going to get to see Malcolm Kelly for only the second time this season. This is, perhaps, the most exciting part of the end of the bye week for me. The way he's talked about by our coaches and players (and, no, they didn't call Lloyd and Taylor Jacobs "special" when mentioning how they can help the team) just has me so anxious. If nothing else, we'll finally have some closure there and can move on.

So who else understands how good the situation were in now is, and can't help but be excited? :wavetowel

Who knows... but isn't that what they've been saying? That there going to let his knee totally heal up and see what he can do?

You're right though... he can have a set back next week in practice and not even see the field, but like I said, we'll at least have som closure there. Maybe bring in another wide out.

Is Kelly slated to return? I havn't heard that.

I am excited for the Dallas game though. Getting Taylor and Springs back will be huge. I would let Portis take all but 2 days off.

When did we actually "have" Taylor?? Only thing we have missed so far is a couple draft picks.

Who knows... but isn't that what they've been saying? That there going to let his knee totally heal up and see what he can do?

You're right though... he can have a set back next week in practice and not even see the field, but like I said, we'll at least have som closure there. Maybe bring in another wide out.

I'm hoping he doesn't have another set-back...would LOVE to see him out there getting the much-needed playing time and progressing :applause:...

Is Kelly slated to return? I havn't heard that.

I am excited for the Dallas game though. Getting Taylor and Springs back will be huge. I would let Portis take all but 2 days off.

I think getting Samuels back to near 100% will be huge...hell, just having that 1/3rd of the team healed up a bit more and rested will be major lol...

I join you in excitement over JT55's return! He is a special player, and this odd injury has been harder on him than on us. Did you all see him on the sideline on Monday night? It was killing him not being able to play. Do people forget what a rep he had for not getting hurt?

*sigh* This is going to be a long 2 weeks of waiting...

Great post. I love the optimism.

The steelers game is done, no point in reliving it every day. To be honest, I was over it as soon as it was over. It was a game that I would have been stoked to win, but didnt expect to win, so when we didnt, it wasnt the end of the world to me. I even told my little bro after the game that its not all bad, if we're lucky enough to play them again this year, at-least we'll know what we're up against. I know, wishful thinking, but it is possible.

When I first joined extremeskins, I was the first one on here with my knee jerk implosions. Thankfully, the mods were able to sway me from such actions.;) After our little 'chat', I went back and read some of the ignorant things I had written. I was quite embarrassed! Its a great idea to use the 24 hour rule.

Skins should handle Dallas with rested starters.

The steelers game is done, no point in reliving it every day. To be honest, I was over it as soon as it was over. It was a game that I would have been stoked to win, but didnt expect to win, so when we didnt, it wasnt the end of the world to me. I even told my little bro after the game that its not all bad, if we're lucky enough to play them again this year, at-least we'll know what we're up against. I know, wishful thinking, but it is possible.

When I first joined extremeskins, I was the first one on here with my knee jerk implosions. Thankfully, the mods were able to sway me from such actions.;) After our little 'chat', I went back and read some of the ignorant things I had written. I was quite embarrassed! Its a great idea to use the 24 hour rule.

great post cooley. :applause:

we didnt have to have the pittsburgh win and yes it is true that these guys were running on fumes out there. the extra week of rest will do these guys good and help for the stretch run. i really hope that springs, taylor, and kelly can all make it back and make some contributions.

Kudos to you for wanting to admit you may have flown off the handle in the past lol :cheers:...Very few around here do. Instead, you're far more likely to see them just disappear or stop posting much when they're proven wrong week after week...then pop out the second something goes wrong and start back into it again.

You'rea actually knocking the fact that he bats balls down at the line of scrimmage? lol...

Yea. You don't pay a defensive end 8 million to bat down a few balls at the line of scrimmage. You pay him for sacks. You pay him to force the QB in to step up in the pocket. You pay him to force the QB in to making a bad QB that ends up in Chris Horton's hands, running towards the end zone.

Glad to hear that man. Really. It takes a real man (or woman) to say those kind of things. :)

Gotta be honest, I truly wish a lot more people around here have the ability you had to look at yourself and the words you wrote and really think about what they meant; rightly and wrongly.

Kudos to you for wanting to admit you may have flown off the handle in the past lol ...Very few around here do. Instead, you're far more likely to see them just disappear or stop posting much when they're proven wrong week after week...then pop out the second something goes wrong and start back into it again.

I swear I quoted him and responded to him before seeing your response!! lol... you pretty much said how I felt better than me my man. :thumbsup:

Yea. You don't pay a defensive end 8 million to bat down a few balls at the line of scrimmage. You pay him for sacks. You pay him to force the QB in to step up in the pocket. You pay him to force the QB in to making a bad QB that ends up in Chris Horton's hands, running towards the end zone.

Don't you think he's batted down a much larger amount than a "few" balls? Don't you think you're trying to minimize what he's done so far so as to boost your argument a bit?

Look, I think most of us agree he hasn't done what we've wanted up to this point. He certainly hasn't produced at the level of his pay, but you can't disregard a leg injurie on a D-lineman; and you certainly can't disregard the amount of balls he's batted along with the double teams he's garnered with said leg injury.

You say "you pay him to make the QB to step up in the pocket"... I'm pretty sure I've seen him do that very thing quite a few times. It's disappointing to see the production we've gotten so far, but don't let your disappointment be a blinding shade when his contributions are plain to see.

Archived