Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We will Never Find a Franchise Quarterback

Chiefinonhaze

This is not a Campbell hate thread. in fact, I have full confidence in Campbell as our QB. This game did not change my mind at all. I believe we have some of the worst fans in the league, and this is why we will never find a franchise QB. If Campbell has a few more mediocre games, the Boo's will start. Campbells confidence will begin to decline. Our fans are the most impatient fans when it comes to the QB position. I wish our fans would learn from the Giants fans, who got a ring last year because of their patience. Let me pull up a few of Eli's game logs from last year.

at Was: 63.7 rating

home vs Philly: 65.4 rating

at Mia: 44.9 rating

home vs Minn. 33.8 rating

at Chi: 63.8 rating

home vs Was: 52.1 rating

at Buffalo: 32.2 rating

Campbell's rating last night: 49.2

Now I understand statistics are not everything, but the giants were only 9-7 last year. There is no reason to get down on a quarterback who has played great all year, and has ONE bad game. We are on pace to be better than the Giants last year, and make the playoffs. Once we're in, its anybody's ring. But be aware, because if Campbell has a few more bad games, our pathetic fans will Boo Campbell untill he becomes the next Ramsey:2cents: To all the Campbell haters out there, I guess Eli is just an average QB as well:rolleyes:

These same fans were ready to crucify Brunell that one year, and he ended up taking us to the playoffs and winning a playoff game for us. Please fans, be happy with what we have, just PLEASE be happy our quarterback is not Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, or many of the failures we have had the past 15 years.

He is also in his first year in this offense, we can only expect him to improve.

LOL you are seriously tellin me Giants fans were patient and did not Boo Eli constantly. Cmon man NY is the definition of impatient. They never want to rebuild and want only championships. The Giants fans were ALL OVER Eli trust me.

1) The Giants were 10-6 last year lol :D

2) If Campbell's confidence starts to decline because fans are booing, then he's never going to be the franchise QB anyway...

3) I agree that a few too many fans are fickle as **** when it comes to this team, as if they are waiting each week for a reason to ***** about the team or players...

4) I also agree, we're in DAMN good shape right now as it pertains to the playoffs and Campbell's play (and Portis' play)...

Nah. Jason Campbell's confidence has zero to do with the drunk yahoos in the stands.

If it did he would have veered off the path in high school.

Don't overestimate our impact.

Wouldn't you say theres a distinct difference between a few drunk yahoos in highschool and an entire stadium filled to the brim with boos? I don't think its humanly possible to ignore that environment, but rather just be able to deal with it.

You may be right but I do think Campbell has pretty thick skin and Zorn seems to have a lot of resolve so I wouldnt be so quick to throw him under the rug. The only thing that makes me wonder about Campbells future is his contract nearing the end and Colts play during preseason. This could really be a waiting game for another year.....

Wouldn't you say theres a distinct difference between a few drunk yahoos in highschool and an entire stadium filled to the brim with boos? I don't think its humanly possible to ignore that environment, but rather just be able to deal with it.

There's also a difference between the mentality and maturity of a young high school QB hearing those boos and an NFL 4th-year veteran QB hearing them...

This is not a Campbell hate thread. in fact, I have full confidence in Campbell as our QB. This game did not change my mind at all. I believe we have some of the worst fans in the league, and this is why we will never find a franchise QB. If Campbell has a few more mediocre games, the Boo's will start. Campbells confidence will begin to decline. Our fans are the most impatient fans when it comes to the QB position. I wish our fans would learn from the Giants fans, who got a ring last year because of their patience. Let me pull up a few of Eli's game logs from last year.

at Was: 63.7 rating

home vs Philly: 65.4 rating

at Mia: 44.9 rating

home vs Minn. 33.8 rating

at Chi: 63.8 rating

home vs Was: 52.1 rating

at Buffalo: 32.2 rating

Campbell's rating last night: 49.2

Now I understand statistics are not everything, but the giants were only 9-7 last year. There is no reason to get down on a quarterback who has played great all year, and has ONE bad game. We are on pace to be better than the Giants last year, and make the playoffs. Once we're in, its anybody's ring. But be aware, because if Campbell has a few more bad games, our pathetic fans will Boo Campbell untill he becomes the next Ramsey:2cents: To all the Campbell haters out there, I guess Eli is just an average QB as well:rolleyes:

These same fans were ready to crucify Brunell that one year, and he ended up taking us to the playoffs and winning a playoff game for us. Please fans, be happy with what we have, just PLEASE be happy our quarterback is not Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, or many of the failures we have had the past 15 years.

100% Agree. nice first post.

Great post as one poster stated I believe no matter if it's franchise quarterback or not the O-line has to protect him which is something our guys did not do last night. I still have all the faith in the world in Jason he can get the job done but certainly need better line play. One of those sacks really had me shakin my head and saying to myself damn that is a sad job .

Thread title is already a failed premise. We've found our franchise QB. :cool:

But yeah... it's frustrating to see any threads or posts bashing any of our players at this point. I understand why you felt the need to make this thread. There's no justification for the negativity we're seeing from anyone right now.

Your right a quarterback should be able to handle boo's, but we have NO reason to boo....what the hell are we booing for? We haven't had a QB as good as Campbell as long as I have been alive....we should be happy as hell with him at this point, because he is STILL in his first year within this offense. He will get better in this offense mark my words.

Keep drinking the kool-aid kid!

Times have changed ... and, contrary to what some diehard Jason Campbell supporters think, the Skins have been very patient with Jason ....

Here are some points to ponder:

1. Gave up too much too draft him. He was a decent college QB, but NOT great! Frankly, he is not a 1st round QB. Like say Elie Manning, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers ... or even this years rookie Matt Ryan. Now not all 1st round QBs are good... But, given the investment we have made, one expects better performance.

2. Unlike most rookie QBs, he wasn't thrown into the fire from day one. No the Skins nutured him, and he started his first game in mid-way through his second year.

3. Too help groom Jason into a franchise QB, they specifically had a QB coach to help him along.

4. The fans have been more than patient with Jason.

Unfortunately, Jason isn't as great as we all would like him to be. He still has problems reading defenses - especially, elite ones like the Steelers, and Philly. He isn't quick in his reads. He continues to make poor throws. He doesn't leverage his athletic abilities when in trouble.

In yesterdays game, he appeared to be sleep walking. Even BIG BEN had a quicked cadance to the game than JC. Despite being down 3 scores, he still showed no intensity and sense of urgency.

Face it! He is NOT and NEVER will be better than a decent QB. Nothing outstanding ... Even, Donovan in his twilight years is better than him.

So everyone has given up on Jason all of a sudden?? That's stupid because he was under pressure ALL NIGHT.

There were many turning points in the game, but everything cannot be blamed on JC.

The Steelers D is ridiculous and we should just be lucky their not in our conference and the only other time this season we could face them in in the SB.

Everyone chill.

We will never find a franchise QB because we don't draft well.

Dude are you serious? Why don't you go post on another forum? Name the last time we had a quarterback as good as Campbell? Don't worry, ill wait..............................................................................

We have drafted pretty good if you ask me....Campbell is better than both quarterbacks that were drafted in the first round with him. We have also drafted Cooley, Rogers, Horton, Montgomery, Taylor, Landry, Golston, and many more in the last four years.

Sometimes people need to be content with what we have. a 6-3 team!!!!!!

At least Campbell isn't a bust, that I Can promise you

Archived