Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We will Never Find a Franchise Quarterback

Chiefinonhaze

If a pro QB loses confidence because of fan boos, they are not cut out to be an NFL QB, much less a franchise QB.

And saying our fans are the worst is also a bit ridiculous. We definitely have some fairweather clowns, but we also have a LOT of really knowledgable and dedicated fans. Not fair to characterize an entire fan base on last night's game, although I agree that it was a poor showing, especially the 3rd and 4th quarters.

If a pro QB loses confidence because of fan boos, they are not cut out to be an NFL QB, much less a franchise QB.

And saying our fans are the worst is also a bit ridiculous. We definitely have some fairweather clowns, but we also have a LOT of really knowledgable and dedicated fans. Not fair to characterize an entire fan base on last night's game, although I agree that it was a poor showing, especially the 3rd and 4th quarters.

JC will be fine. Facing the Cowboys will be like facing a high school team.

JC will get this system down, it took Joe Montana 3 years to learn the WCO. Just give it time, we are in great shape right now and great first post!

Instinct can't be taught. It is something you have or you don't. You can give him 7 years if you like it won't matter. ;)

JC going down at the goal line instead of pushing himself in for the TD told me a lot about JC's instinct ability. He also waits too long before taking off running like he doesn't want to get hurt or something.

I can remember three games Jason's junior year at Auburn when the fans booed him and wanted the second string qb in the game. Jason went on the next year to an undefeated season and SEC MVP. If anything, the booing just made him more determined to work harder. I'm not worried about booing getting Jason's head in a negative way.

Great post.. It's nice to know you have full confidence in JC. .I know I have I just hope others will understand that it takes time.. He's done better and last night just had a rough night.. Every team or players have there days.. Mean i don't blame JC at all.. He had no o line last night.. But I know JC is are franchise QB he has the talent he just needs a couple more seconds of pass protection.. Hail to the REDSKINS :point2sky

Apparently you don't pay much attention to the Giants fan base. They were ready to crucify Manning after the Viking and Redskins games last year (actually long before that too). Campbell doesn't care what the fans think. If he's good - he'll be good. If he's no good, he'll be Ramsey. Fans or not.

I wish our fans would learn from the Giants fans, who got a ring last year because of their patience.

Aren't these are the same fans that booed Eli the day he was drafted until they went on that run at the end of the season? U mean the same "fans" calling for their coach's head on a platter right around the same time?

I think you mean this thread for Titans fans. Now their young QB has rabbit ears.

Aren't these are the same fans that booed Eli the day he was drafted until they went on that run at the end of the season? U mean the same "fans" calling for their coach's head on a platter right around the same time?

I think you mean this thread for Titans fans. Now their young QB has rabbit ears.

Yeah I was a little off on that statement, but my main point is that how can anyone possible hate on Campbell? We should be thankful to have a quarterback playing this well in his first year in the offense. It could be a lot worse IMO... And anyone saying Campbell doesn't take shots is completely misinformed. He is 4th in the league in passes completed over 25 yards. He may not take enough deep shots, but that is due to playcalling. It's not his choice, and we all know Campbell can throw a hell of a deep ball.

This is not a Campbell hate thread. in fact, I have full confidence in Campbell as our QB. This game did not change my mind at all. I believe we have some of the worst fans in the league, and this is why we will never find a franchise QB. If Campbell has a few more mediocre games, the Boo's will start. Campbells confidence will begin to decline. Our fans are the most impatient fans when it comes to the QB position. I wish our fans would learn from the Giants fans, who got a ring last year because of their patience. Let me pull up a few of Eli's game logs from last year.

at Was: 63.7 rating

home vs Philly: 65.4 rating

at Mia: 44.9 rating

home vs Minn. 33.8 rating

at Chi: 63.8 rating

home vs Was: 52.1 rating

at Buffalo: 32.2 rating

Campbell's rating last night: 49.2

Now I understand statistics are not everything, but the giants were only 9-7 last year. There is no reason to get down on a quarterback who has played great all year, and has ONE bad game. We are on pace to be better than the Giants last year, and make the playoffs. Once we're in, its anybody's ring. But be aware, because if Campbell has a few more bad games, our pathetic fans will Boo Campbell untill he becomes the next Ramsey:2cents: To all the Campbell haters out there, I guess Eli is just an average QB as well:rolleyes:

These same fans were ready to crucify Brunell that one year, and he ended up taking us to the playoffs and winning a playoff game for us. Please fans, be happy with what we have, just PLEASE be happy our quarterback is not Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, or many of the failures we have had the past 15 years.

He is also in his first year in this offense, we can only expect him to improve.

Last year Giants went 10-6. They went 7-1 on the road and only 3-5 at home. Why? Well, there are probably many reasons, but somehow I think the crowd could be one of them. They also played three straight road playoff games to get to the superbowl. They won the superbowl by winning on the road.

Giants fans weren't patient with Eli...they were calling for him to be benched and Coughlin to be canned after week 2. They won all their road games, made it to the playoffs, won some more road games, and won the superbowl (which was, coincidentally, a road game).

Because they won the SB, every Gint fan sings Shelis praises as if he was the greatest QB in history. Let me tell you...if JC wins us a SB 99% of the people on this board will swear up and down that he is the greatest QB to ever play the game.

We've got 4 road games left against the Seahawks, Ravens, Bengals, and 49ers. Each of those games are VERY winnable and if we can win those puts us in the same position as the Giants were in last year - 7-1 on the road. We've got 3 home games left...all NFCE games. If we lose all 4 games, again same position as the Giants sitting at 10-6 with a road path to the SB.

It's funny, because there's that history that every time the Giants win a SB we win the next one against the same opponent...and we could easily have the duplicity of 2007 NYG and 2008 Skins. That and the Pats looking like a contender is kind of intriguing, yet scary cause we'd probably have to play the giants again in the playoffs.

/rant

Consider a couple of facts from the Steelers game:

A. The Steelers put Campbell under more pressure than he's seen all year;

B. Jason was wild high for the first time this year even when he had time to throw the football.

It's very likely there is a causal connection between A and B. Most likely his inaccuracy was caused by rushing his delivery, an indirect effect of the pressure.

Put Tom Brady under enough pressure and he becomes Matt Cassell. Give Matt Cassell enough time to throw, he's Tom Brady.

When we can protect Jason well with five or six, and not have to keep too many eligible receivers in the protection scheme, Jason Campbell will be our "franchise QB."

B. Jason was wild high for the first time this year even when he had time to throw the football.

It's very likely there is a causal connection between A and B. Most likely his inaccuracy was caused by rushing his delivery, an indirect effect of the pressure.

Put Tom Brady under enough pressure and he becomes Matt Cassell. Give Matt Cassell enough time to throw, he's Tom Brady.

When we can protect Jason well with five or six, and not have to keep too many eligible receivers in the protection scheme, Jason Campbell will be our "franchise QB."

That makes sense to me. Nice post.

i was thinking of something along these lines while reading the whole thread.

Joe Gibbs didn't win his three superbowls just because he had 3 different quarterbacks. He won them because his offensive line could protect anybody, in turn making the QB's look great. Doug Williams wasn't even the starting QB for most of that season.

Joe Gibbs didn't win his three superbowls just because he had 3 different quarterbacks. He won them because his offensive line could protect anybody, in turn making the QB's look great. Doug Williams wasn't even the starting QB for most of that season.

That thought had never occurred to me. You're right...and Williams (knee) and Rypien were immobile.

Archived