Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why would Zorn not go for it on 4th and 1?

NFLAnalyzer

Will coach Joe Bugel be back next year and/or beyond?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will coach Joe Bugel be back next year and/or beyond?

• Yes he will be back next year and as long as JZ & Snyder wants him
    • There is no way he'll be back after this season
    • He'll be back next year but not beyond 2009

The very first possession and even if they didn;t get it the steelers would have been on their own 5yd and had to drive 95 yds. So not getting it wouldn't have been a bad thing and i don;t like FG's because they are LAZY POINTS. FG's don't help you win the game, they set you up to lose the game.

on the very possession he decides to kick a FG?? I mean if he did the onside kick which was taking a chance, why not continue that same type of agression and go for it on 4th and 1 so you can get a TD instead of a FG? That to me was the weidest part of the entire game and can't believe he was so afraid to set the tone of the game early and not go for the TD. FG's are for losers, TD's are for winners and Zorn was coaching like a loser

You answered your own question. It was the very first possession. Get the points

I didn't argue with this 4th down as much as some other ones I felt we should have gone for. I wanted the fg at this point just to get some points on the board and start the right way.

That is a loser's mentality, on 4th and 1 on the very first possession you have to go for it, at home on MNF. No fg's

That is a loser's mentality, on 4th and 1 on the very first possession you have to go for it, at home on MNF. No fg's

Thats YOUR mentality. If that drive starts at the 20, and ends up where it did, you go for the FG too. Just because you recover an onsides kick doesn’t mean you start going for it on 4-1.

Thats YOUR mentality. If that drive starts at the 20, and ends up where it did, you go for the FG too. Just because you recover an onsides kick doesn’t mean you start going for it on 4-1.

my point is if the skins didn't get it, the steelers would had to drive 95 yds so what would have been the big deal? Kicking a FG sets you up to lose and he did it twice and that's why the final score was 23-6

my point is if the skins didn't get it, the steelers would had to drive 95 yds so what would have been the big deal? Kicking a FG sets you up to lose and he did it twice and that's why the final score was 23-6

You really have no clue of what you are talking about do you?

Steelers tried the onside kick.

Redskins did not even get a first down on that series. You get points early TO GET THE LEAD.

The Steelers would NOT have to go 95 yards to score because the skins were not on the 5 yrd line on that first FG. It was a 44 yarder.

Kicking a FG gives you points in a scoreless game, points are good.

You better go back and analyize some more and restrain from posting until you do please... :rolleyes:

What's sad is that our first two drives started inside THEIR 40 yard line and we couldn't get a first down' date=' let alone a touchdown. That is what "set the tone" for me...all I could think after that is how are we going to be able to get a 70-80 yard drive together if we can't get TD's with incredible field position. :rolleyes:[/quote']

That's because Campbell was either throwing a SIDE PASS or a SHORT PASS, you can't move down the field when those type of passes are being thrown.

You really have no clue of what you are talking about do you?

Steelers tried the onside kick.

Redskins did not even get a first down on that series. You get points early TO GET THE LEAD.

The Steelers would NOT have to go 95 yards to score because the skins were not on the 5 yrd line on that first FG. It was a 44 yarder.

Kicking a FG gives you points in a scoreless game, points are good.

You better go back and analyize some more and restrain from posting until you do please... :rolleyes:

I believe in trying to win the game, not LEAD the game. FG's should be the very last option

I believe in trying to win the game, not LEAD the game. FG's should be the very last option

Yea, 4th down brings "the very last option" Because if you DON'T make it ( and judging by the offense your team put up for the remainder of the game it was highly possible that they would NOT make it.) you do not get to then try for the FG.

By your "great" logic. When would be the time that you would EVER go for a FG? I mean you could ALWAYs try for the TD. Maybe they should just outlaw the goalposts and go for 6 everytime.. :rolleyes:

Oh and you will win 0% of the games you are not LEADING in at some point and time...

If you want to beat a good Steelers team, you should of went for the 4th and 1 when you are very close to making a Touchdown. Have some guts for once Zorn. If you want to be good teams, u gotta make big plays....and that 4th and 1 couldve/shouldve been a big play. We need to find a way to get into the end zone more. That is what hurting us every damn game.

Archived