Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steeler's trash talk..FedEx Field

skinsfan328

Well congrats. It's not hard to understand why you have such a large fanbase. Same goes for Dallas.

If you're so confident in your colors, why do you feel the need to go to another teams board for reassurance?

Like to get other perspectives. I read and follow my squad. When we play another team I like to get information on that other team. I don't listen to those morons from ESPN, because they know very little about the individual teams ( unless you are talking about the cowgirls or the patsies:rolleyes: ) The MB's are the fans that know more about thier squad than any talking head.

You have all of 5 posts. Who cares about your join date?

I'm telling you that Iggles fans bring a large contingient to FedEx too. Our hometown fans have seen it before. The Steelers certainly travel well, but in this case it wasn't a big accomplishment to put 25,000 in FedEx on a Monday night.

Umm that's because all my other posts were deleted when the old threads were deleted. I am not a regular visitor because we are not in your Conference. The iggles see you every year. That is why you get more fans there. When the Iggles play the bengals, I am sure Paul Brown Stadium isn't filled with Iggle fans.

So, I think it is quite an accomplishment to put 25,000 fans in a stadium we won't play in again for about another 4 years.

So, I think it is quite an accomplishment to put 25,000 fans in a stadium we won't play in again for about another 4 years.

Easy w/the back pats, I don't want you to hurt your shoulder.

In the E era of Ebay, Craigslist, on-line brokers etc., it's not hard for opposing fans to buy tickets to any game they'd like to attend.

If the Steelers played the Forty Niners at Candlestick next week, it'd be 1/3 Steelers fans. When the Steelers go to Green Bay, it'd probably be less than 10% Steelers fans.

Your fanbase is five times the size of ours and ten times that of most NFL teams. Congrats again.

Years of winning has bread millions of fans from outside the Steelers marketing boundaries long ago established by the league. I suspect you may be one of them w/no ties to the Pitt. metro area since you live in the mid west. This is very much the same w/the Cowboys fanbase.

It's really not a surprise that you guys bought 25,000 of our 92,000 seats.

It was about the same ratio last night as when Dallas visits here. Maybe we're just numb to the Dallas fans b/c we see them every year.

Umm that's because all my other posts were deleted when the old threads were deleted. I am not a regular visitor because we are not in your Conference. The iggles see you every year. That is why you get more fans there. When the Iggles play the bengals, I am sure Paul Brown Stadium isn't filled with Iggle fans.

20K or + so Steelers fans is quite an accomplishment but its the norm for Pittsburgh.

Any one who is shocked by this either hasnt watched the Steelers on TV when they play a road game or is just ignorant.

I love the Redskins as much as any human on earth but can give the Steelers fan base the #1 billing as being by far the most popular. They invade every town they visit.

My relatives are all from the Ohio Valley and are all Steelers fans and they go to road games and say that Cleveland and Cincinatti fans setup radio shows telling their fans not to sell tix and the Steelers consider those games as 2 extra home games per year.

My cousin went to the Arizona game last year vs. the Cards and he said it was worse than last nights game at FEDEX.

People have to tip their hat to the Steeler Fanbase and move on.

We are 6-3 people!!!! With Dallas coming up!

In the E era of Ebay, Craigslist, on-line brokers etc., it's not hard for opposing fans to buy tickets to any game they'd like to attend.

If the Steelers played the Forty Niners at Candlestick next week, it'd be 1/3 Steelers fans. When the Steelers go to Green Bay, it'd probably be less than 10% Steelers fans.

Your fanbase is five times the size of ours and ten times that of most NFL teams. Congrats again.

Years of winning has bread millions of fans from outside the Steelers marketing boundaries long ago established by the league. I suspect you may be one of them w/no ties to the Pitt. metro area since you live in the mid west. This is very much the same w/the Cowboys fanbase.

It was about the same ratio last night as when Dallas visits here. Maybe we're just numb to the Dallas fans b/c we see them every year.

Agree with all but the Cowboys dont represent anything like what the Steelers did last night. Ive been to probably 8 Dallas games in RFK/FedEx and its nothing compared to the Steelers.

Not really patting myself on the back. Just putting out the number that skin fans put out.

Actually, I was born just north of Pittsburgh, moved here in the mid 70's. Now I have 4 kids who are all steeler fans as well. We just keep multiplying.

Also, just because you are able to get tickets easier, you still need to have the fanbase to buy them up. Announcers usually have it wrong when they say Steeler fans "travel" well. Most of the fans are going to the closest stadium.

20K or + so Steelers fans is quite an accomplishment but its the norm for Pittsburgh.

Any one who is shocked by this either hasnt watched the Steelers on TV when they play a road game or is just ignorant.

I love the Redskins as much as any human on earth but can give the Steelers fan base the #1 billing as being by far the most popular. They invade every town they visit.

My relatives are all from the Ohio Valley and are all Steelers fans and they go to road games and say that Cleveland and Cincinatti fans setup radio shows telling their fans not to sell tix and the Steelers consider those games as 2 extra home games per year.

My cousin went to the Arizona game last year vs. the Cards and he said it was worse than last nights game at FEDEX.

People have to tip their hat to the Steeler Fanbase and move on.

We are 6-3 people!!!! With Dallas coming up!

T/Y.

now go smack those cowgirls down. Americas team my arse!!!

:)

The steelers don't "travel well"

Western Penn was a brutal victim of the steel industry collapse of the 1970's.

Half of Pittsburghs population left the city.

The are scattered all over the country, as are Bills fans.

you go to a freaking beach town in Puerto Rico and you will find Steeler and Bills fans.

Of course they built a super strong base with that epic run in the 1970's but if Pitt were as prosperous as D.C., you wouldn't get all this B.S. about how good steeler fans "travel."

you go to a freaking beach town in Puerto Rico and you will find Steeler and Bills fans.

Of course they built a super strong base with that epic run in the 1970's but if Pitt were as prosperous as D.C., you wouldn't get all this B.S. about how good steeler fans "travel."

C'mon pittsburgh isn't a "ghost town" The city did not dissappear. You are mnore correct with the Steelers run in the 70's and consistancy in the 90's and 2000's to build the base. Many of us had to survive the 80's though. And before the age of the internet and sunday ticket (the single greatest invention since the terrible towel.. ;) ) it was not easy being a non hometown fan. We got most of our information from Howard Cossell on the Monday night halftime review.

:rotflmao:

Actually, I was born just north of Pittsburgh, moved here in the mid 70's. Now I have 4 kids who are all steeler fans as well. We just keep multiplying.

Also, just because you are able to get tickets easier, you still need to have the fanbase to buy them up. Announcers usually have it wrong when they say Steeler fans "travel" well. Most of the fans are going to the closest stadium.

Not sure what NFL teams market you actually live in, but if the Steelers today had declined like the Packers of the 70s and 80s, you and your kids probably wouldn't care about them, much like the rest of Steeler nation outside of Pitt.

Everyone likes a winner and it's not hard to root for one.

Modern media and the Sunday Ticket have made it easy for out of market fans to follow their teams.

Sorry, no props to your fanbase for remaining loyal through years of winning.

I do hate it when the announcers say that a fanbase "travels well".

As if the Yankee and Red Sox fans in Tampa all fly down to overtake the Rays games or Cowboys fans from Dallas all invade an AZ, Cards game.:rotflmao:

Agree with all but the Cowboys dont represent anything like what the Steelers did last night. Ive been to probably 8 Dallas games in RFK/FedEx and its nothing compared to the Steelers.

I have to agree ... friendly trash talking is one thing; waving the "terrible towels" in the faces of the home fans is taunting, and uncalled for.

That's what we had in Club last night; that, and a pair of drunk (tall!) fans that would not sit down the entire. Thankfully, they were behind me but they would not STFU.

And while the Steelers may have a broad fan base, I put some of the blame on so-called Redskin fans who felt making a few bucks by selling their tickets to these clowns was more important than coming out and showing support for their team.

And why is that? Traffic? Work? Game too late? If we start having winning seasons again, there will be more prime time games.

It's been said here many times but I will say it here. If your time is more important that you'd sell out your fellow fans, then give up the tickets so TRUE fans - those who will be at EVERY game no matter when we play - will occupy the seats.

Last night's attendance was a complete disgrace.

:rotflmao:

Not sure what NFL teams market you actually live in, but if the Steelers today had declined like the Packers of the 70s and 80s, you and your kids probably wouldn't care about them, much like the rest of Steeler nation outside of Pitt.

Everyone likes a winner and it's not hard to root for one.

Modern media and the Sunday Ticket have made it easy for out of market fans to follow their teams.

Sorry, no props to your fanbase for remaining loyal through years of winning.

I do hate it when the announcers say that a fanbase "travels well".

As if the Yankee and Red Sox fans in Tampa all fly down to overtake the Rays games or Cowboys fans from Dallas all invade an AZ, Cards game.:rotflmao:

Right across the river from the Twin cities, In WI so I get Minn and Green Bay.

And I doubt I would've lost my steelers. You seem to forget the 80's. My father was a Steeler fan and almost all my relatives are still in PA. Winning does help, but there are die hard Lion and Bengal fans as well. Sometimes winning isn't everything. Family and memories winning or losing, help...

Winning does help, but there are die hard Lion and Bengal fans as well.

And I met a lot of those fans when I was in Det. last week. It was their first home game to be blacked out on local tv in seven years. My heart goes out to any fanbase who'se had to put up w/what Lions fans have had to deal w/year in and year out.

I felt so bad for those loyal few who still attended that game. Only 40,000 showed up to Ford Field and I can't blame them.

Being a Skins fan in Detroit was like going to the third world to gain an appreciation for being an American. I'm not comparing the city of Det. to the third world, just being a fan of the Lions compared to that of the Redskins.

I thought we were pretty classy not to talk too much ****.

Can't imagine how Philly fans would have behaved up there.

Whatever the reason, the Steelers kicked the Redskins butt on the field and the Steeler fans kicked the Redskins fans butts in the stands. A thoroughly disasterous night.

And while the Steelers may have a broad fan base, I put some of the blame on so-called Redskin fans who felt making a few bucks by selling their tickets to these clowns was more important than coming out and showing support for their team.

And why is that? Traffic? Work? Game too late? If we start having winning seasons again, there will be more prime time games.

It's been said here many times but I will say it here. If your time is more important that you'd sell out your fellow fans, then give up the tickets so TRUE fans - those who will be at EVERY game no matter when we play - will occupy the seats.

Last night's attendance was a complete disgrace.

Amen. The number of terrible towels seen in the stadium last night goes to show how seriously overrated our fans are.

Well good luck with all of that.

You may hate us, but we are everywhere! We will be in your house. We will represent like any good NFL team SHOULD do. We have knowledgable fans, and we have some morons. Doesn't every fanbase? Fact is. We are out there. Deal with it.

Oh, and Portis runs for 70 yards tops tonight... Enjoy!

Your first post. It was OK. A little trash talking is OK. No mention of you living in the midwest or visible in your user ID.

Glad to see YOUR house empty out with about 5 minutes to play. Well everyone except all those black and gold fans. ;) You know, the ones even the commentors mentioned many times last night.

Oh, and I was wrong. Portis only had 51 yards rushing...

Then you came back after the game to brag. Still no mention of living in the midwest.

Steeler fans are just like Filthadelphia fans. No class. You come back in here to brag, you're worthless. I have relatives in PA that are pretty much a bunch of lowlifes. Guess it goes from one end of the state to another.

Then, I was responding to your bragging and assumed you were in or from Pittsburgh (which I was right about). No offense to PA Redskin fans, but my relatives live in Mt. Union/Shirleysburg area and are unemployed/disability receiving hillbillies, which is pretty much most of the small towns in PA that I've been to.

Umm. Check the time. I WAS here. In fact look at my join date. I guess I have been here longer than you...

Like I said in my first post before the game. We are everywhere. I live in the midwest. When the steelers play in the metrodome and even Lambeau, we are there. I have been to both MANY times and hear it all the time from the hometown fans. "Man, I have never seen this many opposing fans."

Sorry, it is the truth. Steeler nation is for real, you want to call them bandwagon. Good for you. It means that at one time they were good enough to pull in fans and keep them for 30+ years. I am sure you guys picked up some fans back in the 80's.

Nowwww you mention you are from the midwest. And I'm not clicking on every user ID to look at where you are from.

Son't really think I came here starting anything. I was here before the game. Although didn't get to post that much because my son needed to do homework before the game.

I would think I was a bit more classier than all the **** the steeler posts before mine.

Glass houses.

Oh, and I am jealous of your trip to Heinz. As I posted before I am in the midwest and the last real home game I went to was about 15 years ago at 3 rivers.

You are on a Redskins website. What do you expect us to say before the game? If we said it on a Steelers website, you'd have a reason to complain. Remember where you are at.

Ahem. Reading is fundamental... I'm not in PA. But nothing like generalizations to really bring your point home. :rolleyes: I guess only REAL winners are in our nations capitol... :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is fundamental since you revealed where you are living AFTER my comment. And since my Dad is from PA and I've visited there several times, I don't think I'm generalizing. I see what I see.

Did you find anywhere that I said we are the best team and SB bound? I'm usually a pretty humble fan and never talk trash, but when you came back in to brag about the amount of Steeler fans with their stupid little bathroom towels, it struck a nerve. How about coming back in and saying good game?

Archived