Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The X Factor vs. Steelers: Chris Cooley

Dance04

Let me Explain.

The Steelers have a ferocious, and very successful blitzing scheme from the Linebacking core. True, they got shut down last week but let's look at their stats.

Harrison: 8.5 Sacks, 3FF

Woodley: 7.5 Sacks, 2 FF

Farrior: 1.5 Sacks, 1 FF

Because they bring the pressure often and effectively, this should expose a bit of open space for Cooley to play in over the middle.

I fully expect Zorn to have picked up on this already and exploit this mismatch by calling many pass plays with a 3 step drop. We all know that Cooley excels at getting those tough yards after the catch.

Of the 7 teams the steelers D has faced this year, the only real threat at TE they faced was Winslow. But then again, look who was throwing him the ball. They have yet to face a QB-TE connection like the one we have.

Anyways, that is my key on offense, on how to win this game.

Chris has been in instrumental in the past several games. Several times getting the ball on a blitz,(as well as Santana). I think Pitt probably knows this and may game plan a bit more for Chris than other teams. This could, however, open things up for others out there though. All that said he is going to be important this Monday. Needs to keep doing what he's been doing and Jason needs to keep looking his way.

Chris has been in instrumental in the past several games. Several times getting the ball on a blitz,(as well as Santana). I think Pitt probably knows this and may game plan a bit more for Chris than other teams. This could, however, open things up for others out there though. All that said he is going to be important this Monday. Needs to keep doing what he's been doing and Jason needs to keep looking his way.

Exactly, PCS. If the steelers decide to play more conservatively and blitz less, that should mean many more snaps where our front 5 can hold off the pressure. Either way, this is one of the rare times where I feel our offense hinges on cooley.

lol, we see a thread about chris beeing the x factor every week. he shjould be used to beat the blitz like we did against the eagles

if you would have read my post, you have have noticed that that is the point im trying to get across ;)

Archived