Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is Devin Thomas?

BG4SHEEZEE

Im sorry....but that was one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time......the Jansen facemask was a close second.

You're kidding, right? The Landry block in the back was as blatant as could be. Well, maybe not as blatant as the two in Philly but it was pretty darn blatant.

i just hope we get some production out of one of our three second round picks. i didn't expect any of the 3 to be a game changer their rookie year, but i did expect at least one of them to be moderately productive, so far we're 0-3.

again i'm not close to calling them busts, i just thought they would've showed a lil more by now.

I dont know if anyone else saw....but he did show some amazing speed on Moss's punt return....after he slammed into moss and fell down....he got up and almost caught up to moss and was looking to make blocks before moss crossed the goaline....pretty nice.

Yead dude is fast. I believe his 40 time is sub 4.4.

No im not kidding....Landry BARELY touched him.....it was ticky tack to say the least.....

Yea the dude was basically on the ground and Landry put his hand on him and they threw the flag...BULL****.

The Jansen facemask was the worst though. If the new rule is if you grab and let go then that was no where near a penalty. His hand didnt even grap on to it. We got the first down and the ref ****ed up.

4.34 to be exact...i know Santana had a sick return, but i've been wanting to see him on punts, actually anybody besides ARE at this point.

DAMN!!! I knew he was fast, but not 4.3 fast, holy ****, are you sure thats correct?

Anyway, I dont want moss as a primary return guy, and Zorn isnt pulling ARE.

Thomas would be intriguing but Zorn said he is only a backup KR.

yea i been wanting Moss back on returns because of what I know he can do back there if he gets a shot case in point yesterday but i don't want him as the primary but I would like to see him back there sometimes..man ARE aint broke nuffin back there in like 2 years

Our rookie receivers are luxuries. Thats the benefit of having all our starters back this year. (minus P. Daniels) The truth is play for play James Thrash is still more reliable then our rookies. When we go 4 wide we usually use two tight ends. I'm not worried at all about Thomas to this point. He's working hard and coming along and he will get his chances later this year.

DAMN!!! I knew he was fast, but not 4.3 fast, holy ****, are you sure thats correct?

Anyway, I dont want moss as a primary return guy, and Zorn isnt pulling ARE.

Thomas would be intriguing but Zorn said he is only a backup KR.

Yea i looked it up on NFL.com...granted that's an electronic score but that's game-breaking speed especially for his size.

At least he has more catches than Offensive PI's now.

Yea I'm really trying to see the youngin out there..that man got BIG potential

Fred Davis?

Malcolm Kelly?

Whats going on out here

Doc Walker, is that you? I actually sometimes like what Doc has to say between using stupid nicknames (Braveheart, Caveman, Barbarian, and something new he's nicknamed Campbell, sometimes I feel like I need a dictionary to just listen to his show), but on this topic, he's just coming off as a huge moronic blow hard. He keeps on asking about his "tadpoles" (another stupid nickname) and why they are not getting production, and raving that they need to run Thomas deep.

My comment to him and everybody else on this particular bandwagon: SHUT UP.

Thomas missed almost all of training camp because he came in out of shape and pulled a muscle. He's now splitting time at 3rd WR, and is generally 4th or 5th in the read progression. My guess is most plays are designed to go to either Moss or Cooley, with the other the second look, ARE the 3rd, and then the next receiver as the 4th.

JC is playing very well, and he is throwing the ball to the first guy who's open in his read progression. This is what professional QBs do. This is not the "duck and chuck" Spurrier offense.

Thomas and Kelly will get their chances, but they are going to have to earn the right to be the #2 WR. They haven't beaten ARE out for it, so he's generally going to be the third read on the play after Moss/Cooley.

My suggestion to Thomas and Kelly would be to come into camp in shape next year and win a freakin' job. That's why they drafted them, but this is not a charity league, you don't just get a job because you were drafted, you still have to earn the playing time.

Kelly is hurt, so he's out of the discussion.

Davis is an interesting case. He hasn't beaten out Yoder for the backup TE spot. They get him in occationally, but Yoder is definitely the #2 TE, and is playing well. So Davis needs to beat Yoder for a job next year, then he'll see more playing time.

Last note of this rant: Doc's completely stupid idea that they just need to throw deep is insane. This offense is good enough to get Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young and Brett Favre into the HOF. Yes, there are a lot of crossing routes. It's called run after the catch. Jerry has the most receiving yards of all time running slants and crossing routes. You don't force the ball down field when it's not there. You take the 15 yard underneith throw. You keep in front of the down and distance. You don't make mistakes, and you score 30 points a game. You make mistakes, and you score less. All the 'Skins need to do to score 10+ more points a game is stop killing themselves in the red zone with stupid penaties, dropped balls and turnovers.

/Rant.

PS: I like Doc Walker and the Lockerroom. This particular topic, though, drives me nuts.

I also think that Thomas needs to see a deep route. Heck, if hes the 4th or 5th guy in the rotation anyway why not send him deep then look at it after the play to see what we had? Also, with his speed and size a few more plays such as a reverse or maybe even WR screen should be in order soon.

I also think that Thomas needs to see a deep route. Heck, if hes the 4th or 5th guy in the rotation anyway why not send him deep then look at it after the play to see what we had? Also, with his speed and size a few more plays such as a reverse or maybe even WR screen should be in order soon.

They ran that screen pass in Philly, and he got like 7-8 yards on it because he was able to break tackles and stay on his feet. He is a beast at RAC.

See, the logic flaw in this is that they MIGHT be running him deep, but IF he's the 4th or 5th option, and any of 1-3 are open, the ball is going there and JC never get's to Thomas in the progression.

Now, a reasonable counter point is "why not make him the first look" and the answer to that is "I don't know." He hasn't convinced the coaches that he's worth it yet is all I can come up with.

He splits time on the field with Thrash at the #3 WR position. Considering that, he is not going to get on the field all that often and his opportunities are going to be limited.

Jason

exactly and when you think we are only throwing 30 passes a game and completing 20-25 of those..with cooley moss el and thrash on the list he wont get many..atleast hes getting some things done on special teams to atleast show he has some abilities.

I want to see them call a play where Devin runs a go on one sideline and Santana on the other. If they are running a 1 deep arrangement, the safety can only help on one side....

Maybe the do something like that, we can never know since we dont have the coaches tape or gameplan. Maybe when they run it he has trouble gaining separation from the defender as a result he is not open. I do recall early on in the season they had him on a go route but he was extremely well covered (much like James Thrash).

Maybe the do something like that, we can never know since we dont have the coaches tape or gameplan. Maybe when they run it he has trouble gaining separation from the defender as a result he is not open. I do recall early on in the season they had him on a go route but he was extremely well covered (much like James Thrash).

You're right BUT....

If we did it a few times, eventually you'd see in one of the game shots or replays....

We need to take a few deep shots each week.....keep them honest.....

You're right BUT....

If we did it a few times, eventually you'd see in one of the game shots or replays....

right on

people make such a big deal about Jason not throwing any INT's, but even if it gets INT'ed once in a while, i would like to take more deep shots to Moss and Thomas...you have a chance of Moss burning the CB, Thomas out leaping the CB, or a pass interference call

THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD

right on

people make such a big deal about Jason not throwing any INT's, but even if it gets INT'ed once in a while, i would like to take more deep shots to Moss and Thomas...you have a chance of Moss burning the CB, Thomas out leaping the CB, or a pass interference call

THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD

That's completely insane. Throw the ball into coverage when you have an open receiver underneath? Just because you want to see the ball fly down the field? I'm really glad Zorn is calling the plays and not folks on this board. INTs are never good, they serve no purpose. They are always bad and should be avoided at all costs. And I've said this before: if you take a shot and it's incomplete and you had an easy completion to either pick up a 1st down or get positive yards, you're immediately behind in the down and distance. Then you start facing 3rd and longs, and then punting, and the whole thing unravels. You take your shots when you have favorable matchups, otherwise you complete what you can and live to fight another play.

Why this is so difficult to understand is completely beyond me. If we were gaining ~170 yards per game, I would understand, but we had ~430 yards of offense against Detroit.

I'm so confused.

You're right BUT....

We DO take shots down the field. What do you think the 50 yard TD to Moss was on Sunday?

Archived