Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No Huddle

Dan T.

no huddle (no hud' dell) - n. A manuver used in American football in which the offensive team runs two or more consecutive plays with pausing to huddle. -adj. - describing an offenseive sequence in which no huddle is used, e.g., "Run the ****ing no huddle offense."

Jim Zorn, god love ya, but please learn this term. Can you try calling two plays at once so we don't waste 35 precious seconds at the end of the half?

I think Zorn is out-thinking himself. Leaving the other team with no time is nice, but your first priority has to be to put 7 points on the board. We have a good defense when we aren't giving the opposition incredible field position. Let Campbell loose and then trust the defense to mop things up before the half.

We haven't seen it at all this year from this team.

Makes me wonder if they even have it in the offense, and have they ever practiced it?

I know Zorn says that he likes to run all the time off the clock (and that's a good idea), but at least get yourself in scoring position before running time off the clock.

It's pretty stupid, sorry to say, that we don't use time better.

we have a terrible two minute drill....the team shows no hustle.....This is the 4th time this season that we've tried to execute it, and ended up settling with a field goal becaues we ran out of time...the team killed a good 30 seconds right after the 2 minute warning that proved to be pretty valuable.........just another thing this team needs to work on.

I think Zorn is out-thinking himself. Leaving the other team with no time is nice, but your first priority has to be to put 7 points on the board. We have a good defense when we aren't giving the opposition incredible field position. Let Campbell loose and then trust the defense to mop things up before the half.

Exactly. You can burn time at their 20 yard line later. You don't need to burn time in our end at the start of the drive. Mind boggling.

the no huddle, or lack there of, is not the issue

just because we run the no-hiddle doesn't guarantee that we'll score

but he CAN use up the clock to make sure they don't get an extra possension

Seems like sound coaching to me

I'm all for burning clock at the end of the half, but you have to do it on their end of the field, not your own.

We ran out of time, and had to settle for a LONG field goal attempt. There is a problem there. The argument that running out the clock is the primary goal is just silly. The primary goal is SCORING, preferably a TD.

Was that supposed to be haiku form or something? ols

Archived